HELP!!! I cant play non dedicated servers with my friends on epic

nishnashjosh

So everytime me and my friends try to play, it says timed out from host, and i f Im honest im sick of it. I bought the game and cant even play it.  JUST FIX YOUR GAME

Ive spent money on something and as a result surely I should be allowed to play. BUT NO for some reason you dont care enough about your playerbase to fix this problem.

On 5/30/2021 at 2:27 PM, nishnashjosh said:

So everytime me and my friends try to play, it says timed out from host, and i f Im honest im sick of it. I bought the game and cant even play it.  JUST FIX YOUR GAME

You haven't given nearly enough information for people to be able to help you. We need to know the specific details of the scenario you're experiencing.

1) How many people is "my friends". Are you trying to play a game with just two people or are there 3, 4, 5+ people trying to play on a single non-dedicated session?

2) Who is hosting the non-dedicated session - does this happen when it's you hosting, does happen when it's one of your friends hosting, does it happen when any of your friends try to host?

3) When this happens, does it happen only to you? Or doe it happen to any of your friends who try to join the non-dedicated session. From your description we can't tell if it's a problem on the hosts system or a problem with the system(s) trying to connect to the host.

Give us the specific scenarios you're experiencing, and who it's happening to.

On 5/30/2021 at 2:27 PM, nishnashjosh said:

Ive spent money on something and as a result surely I should be allowed to play. BUT NO for some reason you dont care enough about your playerbase to fix this problem.

Lot and lots of other people can do this, so it's not a problem for "your playerbase", it's a problem that's happening to you and your friends, and you haven't given enough information.

The forums can be very helpful, but you have to give us enough to be able to help.

19 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

You haven't given nearly enough information for people to be able to help you. We need to know the specific details of the scenario you're experiencing.

1) How many people is "my friends". Are you trying to play a game with just two people or are there 3, 4, 5+ people trying to play on a single dedicated session?

2) Who is hosting the non-dedicated session - does this happen when it's you hosting, does happen when it's one of your friends hosting, does it happen when any of your friends try to host?

3) When this happens, does it happen only to you? Or doe it happen to any of your friends who try to join the non-dedicated session. From your description we can't tell if it's a problem on the hosts system or a problem with the system(s) trying to connect to the host.

Give us the specific scenarios you're experiencing, and who it's happening to.

Lot and lots of other people can do this, so it's not a problem for "your playerbase", it's a problem that's happening to you and your friends, and you haven't given enough information.

The forums can be very helpful, but you have to give us enough to be able to help.

I started typing out something yesterday but deleted it, basically said something similar, but in the end I figured, its their first post, to rant about fixing a game that we all play each day without issues for the most part, so "fix your game" is like beating a dead horse without the more info required to provide solutions and or troubleshooting that most ppl provide :P

Hiya!  We struggled with this as well, you're going to need to connect manually using the special port number that's just for Epic.  

Ask your server admin to get that information for you, they might have to contact technical support (that's what we had to do, in order to find out the special Epic Port Number)

E.g.: look at HostHavoc's explanation.  And yes, on Epic Games you'll have to do this every time you want to play, we're used to it.  Start single player, press tab, then paste in the command, and then it works.

https://hosthavoc.com/billing/knowledgebase/6/How-to-join-your-ARK-server-SteamorEpic.html

Also another thing work mentioning, Epic Games can't connect to password protected servers, so if they want to keep strangers out the server admin will have to make a whitelist and add everyone to it manually.

Hope this helps!

Archived