Max difficulty on the Island

Bballer01

Hello there, so I have started a new singleplayer survivor on the island some time ago and I set the difficulty to 1, which forces the max dino level on the Island to be 120 to the best of my knowledge. After some research I realized that you can force the max dino level on the island to be 150 if you activate the max difficulty setting. Unfortunately I didnt know about this before I started the new map. Although I have the max difficulty setting active, there are no normal dinos above 120. Is there a possibility to change this and get dinos to spawn that are above lvl 120 (max 150)? Do I have to do a wild dino wipe for instance or is this a thing that you have to select before creating a new map data? 

Final question: Are the bosses harder on max difficulty?

Thanks for you help.

1 hour ago, Rintrahhh said:

Try doing the dino wipe command Destroywilddinos and see if the new dinos spawn in with values of 5 up to 150, instead of the 2's.

Thanks for your response. I just did the dino wipe, but the very first creature that appeared was a lvl 4 Brachiosaurus form Ark Additions.. I checked the rest of the map, but there was no dino higher than 120. So I guess the dino wipe didnt work unfortunately.

Hmmm, that's odd. Make sure your setting is on 1 and the max dino difficulty setting is checked and "save" the settings? Then do the Destroywilddinos command again. It shouldn't matter that you started the map already. I did the same thing and that worked for my game.

Actually, I can't remember if there's a save button.

As far as I know even with max difficulty checked and the bar set to 1 it will still spawn only up to lvl 120 on the island map in singleplayer. In order for you to get up to lvl 150 dinos you need to go into the game's steam file and add in something like "OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5" in a certain spot. Here's a youtube video showing exactly how to do it:

(1) ARK | How to Raise Wild Dino Max Level Cap (PC/Steam) 2021 - YouTube

1 hour ago, Laveyan said:

As far as I know even with max difficulty checked and the bar set to 1 it will still spawn only up to lvl 120 on the island map in singleplayer. In order for you to get up to lvl 150 dinos you need to go into the game's steam file and add in something like "OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5" in a certain spot. Here's a youtube video showing exactly how to do it:

(1) ARK | How to Raise Wild Dino Max Level Cap (PC/Steam) 2021 - YouTube

Thanks for your advice, the video actually helped me out and I have the right dino spawns now :)

• 10 months later...
On 5/31/2021 at 1:26 AM, Bballer01 said:

Thanks for your advice, the video actually helped me out and I have the right dino spawns now :)

That is not true. I did think max level dino spawns are 150 but. I'm not joking , today I found a level 180 parasaur just chilling around . And I'm on ps4 so yea max difficulty is 1.0

On 5/30/2021 at 1:37 PM, Bballer01 said:

Hello there, so I have started a new singleplayer survivor on the island some time ago and I set the difficulty to 1, which forces the max dino level on the Island to be 120 to the best of my knowledge. After some research I realized that you can force the max dino level on the island to be 150 if you activate the max difficulty setting. Unfortunately I didnt know about this before I started the new map. Although I have the max difficulty setting active, there are no normal dinos above 120. Is there a possibility to change this and get dinos to spawn that are above lvl 120 (max 150)? Do I have to do a wild dino wipe for instance or is this a thing that you have to select before creating a new map data? 

Thanks for you help.

you will have to do a dino wipe. In fact you may need to do a couple. As for the boss difficulty, I think it does, but not to insane impossible difficulty, just so long as you make sure to breed and imprint and then level the babies properly. Mutations is really nice, but trying to find those "perfect" breed lines is difficult, and ontop of that sometimes a level 150 will have 40 or 50 points in food not health or melee. But the good news is there are many more dino's over lvl 70 and since there is more of them, the more you tame, the more likely you will find one with 40 points in melee or health.

I just had a run on the island where Im trying to do the 100 day challenge and I found a lvl 90'ish tek rex. I had previously tamed multiple rex's ranging from lvl 100-120. Interestingly the tek rex was the winner in the stats department with 5000 health and 400 damage. The rest of them had 10k food and 500 oxygen. x.x

• 2 weeks later...

There is Difficulty Value and Difficulty Offset. These influence one another. 

Because the animals are persistent, its recommended to do the previously suggested "DestroyWildDinos" as this will wipe and recreate all the spawns using the new parameters.

Difficulty - ARK Official Community Wiki

Difficulty Value = DifficultyOffset * (Official Difficulty - 0.5) + 0.5
DifficultyOffset = (Maximum Creature Level / 30 - 0.5) / (Official Difficulty - 0.5)

• 7 months later...
On 5/30/2021 at 10:37 AM, Bballer01 said:

Thanks for you help.

Everyone gave really good answers already.  My 2 cents would be, you could not do the wipe, but it would take a really really really long time to see 150s begin to populate your server without the dino wipe.   The only other way to force new spawns respecting your new start up rules would be to go around killing all wild life to force that area to spawn new dinos.

The forced dino wipe is much much faster.

17 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Everyone gave really good answers already.  My 2 cents would be, you could not do the wipe, but it would take a really really really long time to see 150s begin to populate your server without the dino wipe.   The only other way to force new spawns respecting your new start up rules would be to go around killing all wild life to force that area to spawn new dinos.

The forced dino wipe is much much faster.

essentially they are kind of both the same thing.....Dino wipe kills all dinos at once. You killing dinos is still killing all the dino's, but its one at time. Pick your poison 🤷‍♂️

Archived