Cross-platform on official servers

StariyDed

Suggestion

Hello! I hope you are in a good mood. Health and happiness for everyone. I am a person like that, here and there. But I have a desire to add separate official servers with cross-platform. Because sometimes I want to play with my friends, but I'm not on their platform. And it's dangerous on unofficial ones. They can be closed and the like. So that's it. Good luck and I look forward to your calls. I really have a minus on my phone

Good Morning Swerk GIF

Без названия (14).png

7 replies to this server topic

21 hours ago, Bonkerz said:

ПОЖАЛУЙСТА, НЕТ НЕТ НЕТ!

Не поймите меня неправильно, ваше желание понятно, НО если вы посмотрите на стабильность сервера, скажите, пожалуйста, как они должны обрабатывать еще больше серверов? Каждый сервер, который вы посещаете, у вас задерживается до минуты, когда они «сохраняют». Я не думаю, что это было бы лучше, когда они сделают кроссплатформенный сервер, держу пари, это будет еще хуже, потому что у них будет еще больше игроков / структур, которые им нужно визуализировать / вычислить ....

On 10/24/2021 at 11:19 AM, StariyDed said:

You can, in principle, make at least a few such servers and see what happens

No, they can't. The different versions of the game are really different versions. It's not that there is no cross-play just because "they don't want to", it's actually not doable. It requires permission from the console developers, ensuring that the code of *all* versions are exactly the same, and ensuring that all updates on all platforms all release at the exact same moment. Since for example Steam could delay an update if Steam itself is having issues, or perhaps Playstation needs more time to verify an update, its inevitable that some platforms will get behind with every update.

1 hour ago, StariyDed said:

But I have a desire to add separate official servers with cross-platform

PLS, NO NO NO !

Dont understand me wrong your desire is understandeble BUT if you have a look at the actuall server stability please tell me how should they handle even more servers? every server you visit you got server laggs up to a minute when they do der "saves". I dont think this would be better when they do cross-platform server i bet it would be even worse because than they got even more player / structures they need to render / calculate....

Archived