Community Crunch 270: EVO Event and Community Corner

StudioWildcard

6 minutes ago, Magmasaur103 said:

keep telling yourself that, it's just a lame excuse to act cool. this ain't a place to act cool, bud. take the shades off, and realize how reality works. god, this place hasn't gotten better

That's reality honey.
If you don't keep appointments over here, you don't have to worry about keeping appointments the next month. Because you have to worry about where from getting the money for your next lunch, because you are not on the payroll anymore.

If you can't deliver, don't give a date. Simple.

Edited by Zayisha
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Zayisha said:

That's reality honey.
If you don't keep appointments over here, you have to worry about keeping appointments the next month. Because you have to worry about where from getting the money for your next lunch, because you are not on the payroll anymore.

If you can't deliver, don't give a date. Simple.

I have no idea what that means, but I think I'd get it if I was smarter. continue on, I'm gonna have to go in time out

1 minute ago, Magmasaur103 said:

I have no idea what that means, but I think I'd get it if I was smarter. continue on, I'm gonna have to go in time out

That's how my coders work.
They finish the product. They give a release date in the future (giving them addiotional time to test).

So everytime they tell me, they need a week or two until they give a release, i know they already "finished". They just play save.

So when they promise to release on a Thursday 5th, 1300h UTC, that's the exact time we roll out updates-

Just now, Zayisha said:

That's how my coders work.
They finish the product. They give a release date in the future (giving them addiotional time to test).

So everytime they tell me, they need a week or two until they give a release, i know they already "finished". They just play save.

So when they promise to release on a Thursday 5th, 1300h UTC, that's the exact time we roll out updates-

ah, ok. and please, mind the gap, I have a whole head filled with anger issues. no excuses, I know. I'm just not too happy with all the complaints. guess I took it too far. already got three warning points, in all fairness.

1 minute ago, Magmasaur103 said:

ah, ok. and please, mind the gap, I have a whole head filled with anger issues. no excuses, I know. I'm just not too happy with all the complaints. guess I took it too far. already got three warning points, in all fairness.

No worries.
I'm not angry, just a bit disappointed (have a server cluster to manage).

I understand that quality Standards are different around the world. I just let Wildcard know, that they are farming "minus points" within Germany/Europe with this release/announcement behaviour.

If i don't let them know, they don't know about that.
IF and HOW they react to those expectations is up to them.

But you see, if i don't let them know, they simple... don't know that there's an issue (with a group of people).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zayisha said:

No worries.
I'm not angry, just a bit disappointed (have a server cluster to manage).

I understand that quality Standards are different around the world. I just let Wildcard know, that they are farming "minus points" within Germany/Europe with this release/announcement behaviour.

If i don't let them know, they don't know about that.
IF and HOW they react to those expectations is up to them.

But you see, if i don't let them know, they simple... don't know that there's an issue (with a group of people).

and I have to get used to letting people rage in here. we both have our duties lol

9 minutes ago, nameless said:

Once again, I have the feeling that WC are brilliant artists and pathetic engineers. Precision and flawlessness are simply not their thing........

Well... they are using UE4 and Blueprints... it's kind of made more for artists than developers. So, you're probably right.

Edited by pushforth

5 minutes ago, Magmasaur103 said:

and I have to get used to letting people rage in here. we both have our duties lol

ha ha ha,

yeah, don't take things personal.
If you don't communicate stuff that you don't like, you can' expect them to change, right?!

Just don't take that Feedback as an assault but as some info how stuff could be improved.

Edited by Zayisha

Just now, Zayisha said:

ha ha ha,

yeah, don't take things personal.
If you communicate stuff that you don't like, you can' expect them to change, right?!

Just don't take that Feedback as an assault but as some info how stuff could be improved.

well, in all fairness to others, I'm just a karen, but male version. and I don't get things right away and don't usually take things how they're supposed to go. I'd say why, but disabilities are personal

2 minutes ago, Magmasaur103 said:

well, in all fairness to others, I'm just a karen, but male version. and I don't get things right away and don't usually take things how they're supposed to go. I'd say why, but disabilities are personal

Agreed.

My personal problem is, that i hide my critique behind some sharp cynicism.

But on the other hand, i'm the first to speak up for people to give them a second change.
People HAVE to make error to improve. That#s how you learn stuff. It's ok to fail and make error from time to time.
If you always punish them directly, without giving them a second chance to make it better next time, you create an unhealthy enviroment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zayisha said:

If you always punish them directly, without giving them a second chance to make it better next time, you create an unhealthy enviroment.

So how does this work with WC? Exactly how many more chances do they get to "make it better next time" before folks (paying customers) who show their frustration about it aren't met with attacks from others?

Remember... the problem isn't that WC delayed once... or twice... or three times.... or four times... it's that WC has never made a date, has delayed many times on single projects, and have seemingly done nothing to improve. They just ask folks (paying customers, some of who [for some strange reason that's foreign to me] like to take off work to play the release) to "bear with" them.

There is certainly a "fool me once" lesson here. But it's hard to fault people for wanting to be pleasantly surprised for once :)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Magmasaur103 said:

that would be me most of the time. believe me, I've tried not to. in any case, I'm happy there's reminders on here to keep people like me in check

Well,

i have people calling me an asshole/jerk from time to time (while being their superior).

That's some feedback for me, BUT also show me that i'm creating a healthy working enviroment. If you can tell a superior taht he's a jerk/asshole atm, without having to fear getting fired, you have a productive and healthy working enviroment.

And i'm proud to say, that not a single person was ever fired under my leadership (yeah, shameless self advertising. what a bitch! 😂.)

1 minute ago, pushforth said:

So how does this work with WC? Exactly how many more chances do they get to "make it better next time" before folks (paying customers) who show their frustration about it aren't met with attacks from others?

Remember... the problem isn't that WC delayed once... or twice... or three times.... or four times... it's that WC has never made a date, has delayed many times on single projects, and have seemingly done nothing to improve. They just ask folks (paying customers, some of who [for some strange reason that's foreign to me] like to take off work to play the release) to "bear with" them.

There is certainly a "fool me once" lesson here. But it's hard to fault people for wanting to be pleasantly surprised for once

Honestly, i give zero "F" about what they make out of it. I gave my feedback, my job is done.
It's not my money.
If they don't improve, i'm like "yeah, whatever". Since they are not playing with my money/sales numbers.

Still enjoying their game. And still they have a few more plus points than minus points. so all good for me.

Except that current launch. need to know if i have to update the Servers of my Cluster. Wildcard... MOVE!  😂

27 minutes ago, Zayisha said:

Well,

i have people calling me an asshole/jerk from time to time (while being their superior).

That's some feedback for me, BUT also show me that i'm creating a healthy working enviroment. If you can tell a superior taht he's a jerk/asshole atm, without having to fear getting fired, you have a productive and healthy working enviroment.

And i'm proud to say, that not a single person was ever fired under my leadership (yeah, shameless self advertising. what a bitch! 😂.)

teach me thou's smarts, and make the dumb wise. lol