Community Crunch 270: EVO Event and Community Corner

StudioWildcard

16 minutes ago, Ganelon said:

Cuz you can't unless you have the finished code to submit to that package distro(PS4, PS5, Xbox, etc...)

Then... each update to that code needs re-certification.

At least, that is my understanding if it from other devs.

smarts. I didn't understand a thing, but I can tell you do. don't mind explaining, I can live on

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2021 at 2:38 PM, PhotekPlays said:

got my popcorn, i am rdy for delay number 5.

On 5/31/2021 at 3:56 AM, Magmasaur103 said:

I get the enthusiasm, but try not to make it too negative. capiche?

capiche bahahahaha

On 5/31/2021 at 1:57 AM, GordoGoH said:

It just isn't going to happen, they delayed it a week before its "Final" release date, it is 3 days away as of today and I don't think they will be like 'yep, lets just delay it again to work on it'.

YEP xd

just go to twitter 1500+ messages flooding their last delay post, people are p.

for a reason

so do not play the white knight for them

we know them since 6 years, and it is always the same but the new players do not know and have to bite the sour apple, again and again.

the new players do not know so they play white knight for them, kinda cute but yea.. sux

the other new players took a day off multiple times now because of delays

rly sad to see as a long time player and a heavy ark fan, that after 6 years the communication is still the same, very bad, and the marketing is only hype, nothing else not even a merch shop...

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Magmasaur103 said:

well, make sure the pets keep you calm. I have pets, but I fail to stay positive at points

I see this as a good thing. we actually get confirmation that this was delayed. and seeing that it was only a day, what's the point of being pissed? patience ain't a favorite in this forum, apparently. and since I'm on the topic of staying calm (see my comment above this one), I apologize if this is painful in any way. again, only a day folks, calm down. 

Dont think you can chastise people for having no patience when we've all been waiting since DECEMBER for this dlc.

They tweeted just last night that everything was on track for release today. Bit of a joke really after delaying it a week at the last minute already.

They're just supremely unorganized and it borders on being unprofessional when it occurs over and over and over again.

People have every right to be aggravated and short on patience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Magmasaur103 said:

again, only a day folks, calm down. 

Ok u say only a day thats BS because it hasn't been just a day has it it was supposed to release on May 26 2021 but let's be more real about this ok. You payed for a product an then u don't receive ur product till they want u to? Thats what has everyone upset an this isn't there first or only time of doing this they are making a regular thing of it which is INFURIATING. Now say u break ur leg an u have insurance an all that stuff what if a doctor walked into ur room said I don't feel like fixing ur leg today an walked out would u be happy about it probably not. I have a trade that I do for a living an when I tell a customer ill have it done by a certain day I better have it done on that day or else in gonna get a talking to wildcard DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THERE COMMUNITY AT ALL THEY MAKE IT TO WHERE OUR VOICES ARE ALL STIFLYED AN THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT AN THAT IS WHY THE COMMUNITY WILL BE HEARD. 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Meshmonkeys said:

I have a trade that I do for a living an when I tell a customer ill have it done by a certain day I better have it done on that day or else in gonna get a talking to

Well, they didn't get it done by a certain day. And here everyone is, giving them the "talking to".

I'd assume you too have missed deadlines (or you wouldn't mention the talking to). Did your customers riot in the street or just accept that these things happen and moved on with their lives like adults?

"My bathroom wasn't finished by Friday. It was completed Sunday. I'ma go burn down a building"

12 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Dont think you can chastise people for having no patience when we've all been waiting since DECEMBER for this dlc.

They tweeted just last night that everything was on track for release today. Bit of a joke really after delaying it a week at the last minute already.

They're just supremely unorganized and it borders on being unprofessional when it occurs over and over and over again.

I agree with u whole heartedly they are making it a regular habit of you'll get it when I say you'll get it an you'll be greatful for it. These are the thing that they say they keep saying it will be well worth it no the hell it will not u made me wait for something that if it was any other game they would get heavily chastised for yet wildcard make this look like this is normally how things go that is WRONG on every account. They should not be telling there community how to feel or how to react this is all there fault an they should pay for it everyone should get 5$ put back into there account EVERY DELAY they should reimburse us but will they ever do that no hell they'd probably say there basically giving this thing away just so the community doesn't grab pitch forks. But I digress this has been made a norm for them an it needs to be stopped

17 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

9 minutes ago, Meshmonkeys said:

Ok u say only a day thats BS because it hasn't been just a day has it it was supposed to release on May 26 2021 but let's be more real about this ok. You payed for a product an then u don't receive ur product till they want u to? Thats what has everyone upset an this isn't there first or only time of doing this they are making a regular thing of it which is INFURIATING. Now say u break ur leg an u have insurance an all that stuff what if a doctor walked into ur room said I don't feel like fixing ur leg today an walked out would u be happy about it probably not. I have a trade that I do for a living an when I tell a customer ill have it done by a certain day I better have it done on that day or else in gonna get a talking to wildcard DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THERE COMMUNITY AT ALL THEY MAKE IT TO WHERE OUR VOICES ARE ALL STIFLYED AN THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT AN THAT IS WHY THE COMMUNITY WILL BE HEARD. 

piss me off all you want, I'm starting to really just not get phased. apparently I'm hated. ok. I'm staying positive for the ones who actually need me to be positive

18 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I agree with u whole heartedly they are making it a regular habit of you'll get it when I say you'll get it an you'll be greatful for it. These are the thing that they say they keep saying it will be well worth it no the hell it will not u made me wait for something that if it was any other game they would get heavily chastised for yet wildcard make this look like this is normally how things go that is WRONG on every account. They should not be telling there community how to feel or how to react this is all there fault an they should pay for it everyone should get 5$ put back into there account EVERY DELAY they should reimburse us but will they ever do that no hell they'd probably say there basically giving this thing away just so the community doesn't grab pitch forks. But I digress this has been made a norm for them an it needs to be stopped

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Well, they didn't get it done by a certain day. And here everyone is, giving them the "talking to".

I'd assume you too have missed deadlines (or you wouldn't mention the talking to). Did your customers riot in the street or just accept that these things happen and moved on with their lives like adults?

"My bathroom wasn't finished by Friday. It was completed Sunday. I'ma go burn down a building"

I had to finish the job with no extra compensation for my extra efforts to get the job done I know that means nothing to you but thats money I lost for not being able to reach a deadline what u gotta say about that huh is wildcard gonna compensate me for the nearly over a month delay from there first May 26 2021 prediction I don't think so an ur protecting what they've done if u accept it an go o ok then guess what don't be surprised when they keep doing it to u if u act like its ok for them to keep delaying it they will keep doing it this is a product u payed for an what do u have to show for it. NOTHING on top of I don't want this crap to be happening in ark 2 ask me what I think of this game I LOVE THIS GAME WITH A PASSION. My best friend God rest his soul used to play this with me everyday the last message I have from his on Xbox is (ark?) So I hold this game close to my heart an I think it's the best game on earth but they need to be held to the same standard as ALL OTHER GAMES u can't keep delaying an think everything is gonna be ok from it its not its not fair an its not ok. I don't want ark 2 to be like this but u know it is gonna be like this because they don't care about there community AT ALL. TELL ME IM WRONG 

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Meshmonkeys said:

But I digress this has been made a norm for them an it needs to be stopped

This has been a norm for 6 years.

When you buy these products, you get these results. Some people irrationally lose their collective mind and some go "well that sucks" and move on with life. The game's coming soonTM. Everything will be ok. 

11 minutes ago, Magmasaur103 said:

piss me off all you want, I'm starting to really just not get phased. apparently I'm hated. ok. I'm staying positive for the ones who actually need me to be positive

What are u positive about tho really because I'm positive that they are just gonna keep doing this crap on ark 2 I want to say I'll never buy that game so I can save myself the heart ache but nope ill drop every last dime into everything they come out with because I LOVE THIS GAME. But even tho I think its the best game out there does not mean I think its ok for them to treat us the way they do look at how wildcard treats us the community they say it will be well worth the wait why are we waiting at all huh please answer me that. How many other main stream games do this to there community lil to none u wanna know why because there's always backlash don't think for a second that I don't like this game I love it an I hold it to a higher standard then other games I DONT WANT ARK 2 TO BE LIKE THIS DO U HONESTLY

2 minutes ago, Meshmonkeys said:

.....  I DONT WANT ARK 2 TO BE LIKE THIS DO U HONESTLY

ARK 2 will be exactly like this. This isn't an issue with the property... it's an issue with the team that created the property. Anything and everything they create will have these same issues unless they change something internally. It's mostly a management issue and a disconnect between marketing, development, and management.

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

This has been a norm for 6 years.

When you buy these products, you get these results. Some people irrationally lose their collective mind and some go "well that sucks" and move on with life. The game's coming soonTM. Everything will be ok. 

Im not saying that it won't be ok I agree with u this will probably be my life for the next month lol. But still I want them wildcard ark all of them to realize there will always be backlash from delays like this its not fair to us the community an to us that hold the game so dearly. Again I say I DONT WANT ARK 2 TO BE LIKE THIS. Why can't they wait till they got all the bugs worked out an they are literally putting the map onto every platform before making these announcements its almost like they like pissing us off. They released crystal isles like that AN THE COMMUNITY LOVED IT. Why do they make these announcements with lil to no care of actually meeting the dead line this is why I'm saying what im saying an doing what im doing they need to be held accountable for there actions do they not?

If Wildcard only delayed every title once, people would just laugh it off. They really should take a page from Blizzard and become tight-lipped about dates.... They should not mention a single date until it's a couple weeks out... and even then, only after every step is finished (including this certification step that is causing this "final" delay).

Just say "Coming Soon".

Seems like that will make a lot of folks here happy. Better to have people complaining about not having a date/time than complaining because you couldn't make your date/time.

Edited by Poppernox
  • Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator

I DONT WANT ARK 2 TO BE LIKE THIS DO U HONESTLY

The best way to handle this is don't buy it on or before release.

Don't prepay for it. (gamers stop prepaying for games...).

Like any other product in the marketplace, let it come out, knock out some of the early bugs, check some reviews and then make an educated decision if the game is good for you or not.

Instead, you have this:

• Gamer prepays for a game that's not going to be released for well over a year (that's you, people that buy season passes)
  • Game is delayed, delayed, gameplay is changed, things are removed, things are added, delayed...
  • Game is released
  • Game isn't what the gamer imagined it would be in their head (lol)
  • Gamer gets mad they paid for something they had no idea what it is over a year ago

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Edited by Joebl0w13

4 minutes ago, Poppernox said:

ARK 2 will be exactly like this. This isn't an issue with the property... it's an issue with the team that created the property. Anything and everything they create will have these same issues unless they change something internally. It's mostly a management issue and a disconnect between marketing, development, and management.

But does that make it right in ur honest opinion like literally this shouldn't be happening but they do it EVERYSINGLE TIME. Which is unacceptable check all main stream titles no one else does this or tries to do this like them they see no problem in sticking it to there community I am sure I am one of millions of people that love this game but they should be held accountable for it everytime I don't care if all they do is reimburse me an say srry for the delay hears a refund it will be released next month if thats what they gotta do to keep us the community happy then thats what they gotta do. Right now this what there doing is a slap on the face to US THE COMMUNITY. Why make a tweet last night saying everything is on track for today then delay it again its them showing us they don't care u will not be able to chang my mind on this u won't 

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I'm pretty sure the point wasn't that nobody else delays games... it's how WC delays... not many others do it quite like WC. 

For Genesis 2, it was first supposed to be out in "Winter 2020 / Dec 2020"... then it was pushed out to Spring 2021... then late May... then June 2nd... now June 3 at 8am eastern... I half expect some last minute hiccup to push the time back to 12 or 1pm EST, just for that one last kick in the teeth :D

Edited by Poppernox
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The best way to handle this is don't buy it on or before release.

Don't prepay for it. (gamers stop prepaying for games...).

Like any other product in the marketplace, let it come out, knock out some of the early bugs, check some reviews and then make an educated decision if the game is good for you or not.

Instead, you have this:

• Gamer prepays for a game that's not going to be released for well over a year (that's you, people that buy season passes)
  • Game is delayed, delayed, gameplay is changed, things are removed, things are added, delayed...
  • Game is released
  • Game isn't what the gamer imagined it would be in their head (lol)
  • Gamer gets mad they paid for something they had no idea what it is over a year ago

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Why would I not buy something I know im gonna use an enjoy? I did prepay for it knowing I was gonna love it these creators make content that I watch on YouTube on a daily basis this game is the top of the top in my opinion but they attitude towards there community is my main problem/complaint ok if they released this on time today would me an u of ever crossed paths NO WE WOULDNT of we'd all be enjoying the product of this wonderful game in our own houses at our own leisure but is anyone one doing that right now No an its there fault I don't wanna keep arguing with u because u seem to like/love this game as much as me but till they start treating there community with more respect I will be the keyboard worrier they don't want me to be hold them accountable for there actions because if u don't ur asking for ark 2 to be the same thing 

• Volunteer Moderator

I don't wanna keep arguing with u because u seem to like/love this game as much as me

I don't feel like we are arguing. Just having a conversation. A leisurely exchange of opinions.

If I didn't like the game, I wouldn't have been here moding this forum for free for 5 years 🙂.

I enjoy it as much as anybody. I'm not pretending it doesn't have a bucket list of problems.