Community Crunch 270: EVO Event and Community Corner

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
27 minutes ago, Wolfman1551 said:

I Have A Queston ??  Is the the new content going to be usable on all maps and is the s+ stuff being added would like to see hg build stuff added to.      Is the dlc going to be on time or delayed again?

That was multiple questions! 😆

Content is always usable on all maps but may very well require new resources from the new map.

No S+ stuff is being added, besides what is already in the game.

The DLC is still due on 2nd June. If there is any delay an official announcement will be made at some point. So for now, it is expected on time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GP said:

Content is always usable on all maps but may very well require new resources from the new map.

The DLC is still due on 2nd June. If there is any delay an official announcement will be made at some point. So for now, it is expected on time.

I doubt they would delay it 3.5 days from launch, though it is still possible... However I wouldn't care, Ark has been real nice to me lately (seeing as my toxic dodo farming got abruptly interrupted by a level 240 Demonic parasaur) and i couple more weeks maybe even months isnt too much.

5 hours ago, GP said:

Like I said earlier in this forum, I'm thinking you mean just for pc. anything besides that doesn't have the exact  launch day arrival thing. I'm thinking june 4th for anything but pc

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Magmasaur103 said:

Like I said earlier in this forum, I'm thinking you mean just for pc. anything besides that doesn't have the exact  launch day arrival thing. I'm thinking june 4th for anything but pc

Then you are thinking wrong, because I mean all platforms is due 2nd June. The only exception may be Win 10 because they always seem to have issues. But 2 June for all platforms.

Of course depending on where you are in the world, i.e. the far East will probably be 3 June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GP said:

Then you are thinking wrong, because I mean all platforms is due 2nd June. The only exception may be Win 10 because they always seem to have issues. But 2 June for all platforms.

Of course depending on where you are in the world, i.e. the far East will probably be 3 June.

if that's what you say, chief. it always ends up happening with ps4. I keep getting late delays on there, and knowing that pc is always top priority with most companies, I'm thinking june 3rd or 4th for anything but pc.

On 5/29/2021 at 6:41 AM, JS2 said:

LOOOL you had me at working hard for June 2 first off you haven’t worked to hard since it’s been delayed 4 times and ooooooo teaser!! NOT wouldn’t need a teaser we woulda been playing by now If you weren’t so incompetent 

Id like to see u Become a game developer and make a game yano they have worked hard they delayed it because they probably had an unexpected bug that broke something so the game didnt run properly so stop being an arse 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 12:41 AM, JS2 said:

LOOOL you had me at working hard for June 2 first off you haven’t worked to hard since it’s been delayed 4 times and ooooooo teaser!! NOT wouldn’t need a teaser we woulda been playing by now If you weren’t so incompetent 

1 hour ago, Calumdagrind101 said:

Id like to see u Become a game developer and make a game yano they have worked hard they delayed it because they probably had an unexpected bug that broke something so the game didnt run properly so stop being an arse 

I'm just gonna agree instead of ranting. bugs are likely, and even one slight problem can go off. don't want this to end up like cyberpunk, right? launched early and had too much bugs. that was all the communities fault. I'ma go megalovania:
it's a gorgeous day outside where I'm at. sun's out, perfect spring breeze. days like these... get ruined by people like you. quit being an arse...

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Magmasaur103 said:

it's a gorgeous day outside where I'm at. sun's out, perfect spring breeze. days like these... get ruined by people like you. quit being an arse...

You ruin your day yourself.

Just ignore negative posts. You respond to them all constantly, just ignore them and move on. Don't blame others for ruining your day because you read something on the internet. You have it in your power to ignore it, yet you always choose to respond as if you take what they say about WC/Ark personally.

Just do yourself a favour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GP said:

You ruin your day yourself.

Just ignore negative posts. You respond to them all constantly, just ignore them and move on. Don't blame others for ruining your day because you read something on the internet. You have it in your power to ignore it, yet you always choose to respond as if you take what they say about WC/Ark personally.

Just do yourself a favour.

honestly, I've tried. I'm trying, ok? boot me all you want, I don't care anymore, but the one thing no one should do, EVEN ME (again, I'm trying not to) is critique others on what they should and shouldn't do. yes, I realize that. do I try to change that factor of annoyance within me? yes. do I accomplish it? no. have I done any successful thing about it in the past years of my lifetime trying to get rid of it? no, I haven't. pity or no pity, it's human nature or someone's habit to criticize others. all of us have at least criticized one person in our lives, so we've all been here being criticized by others to (IRONICALLY) not criticize those you did that exact thing to. what we do in here is just our own response. do I actually have a bad day? no. do I think before I say? almost 80% of the time not. can any of you on here change that? don't even try. thanks for the thoughtful help, though. probably gonna do nothing, but it's all worth a shot.

4 hours ago, Calumdagrind101 said:

Fact is they shouldn't be running into major game breaking bugs when they've already had an extra 5 months of development time to work on Gen 2 on top of the 4 months they initially had since CI released in Aug of last year.

You'd think the last few weeks before release on May 26th would be spent putting the icing on the cake, but it seems to me the cake is still being baked even this late into the release window.

It indicates to me that Gen 2 probably still isnt in a polished well running state, but the clock has run out so its basically force the thing out the door for better or worse time. 

I really hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat my hat if Gen 2 is smooth and stable come Jun 2nd.

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, Spyder1984 said:

Sorry for hijacking your comment, but does that only apply to official, or to unofficial arks as well?

Official only. Unofficial will be able to transfer everything if they choose to do so. Will just require the setting in the config as per all the other maps.

I can't recall which setting off the top of my head right now.

On 5/29/2021 at 3:04 PM, Magmasaur103 said:

well, now you know
plus, to add on, don't most games and companies of games prefer pc better that anything? I'm thinking gaming setup is the reason.

They delayed gen 1s release on PC to make it launch the same time on all platforms. That's why it got delayed a week. So they probably did the same for gen 2. It's because PlayStation takes extra time to accept sone stuff so blame Sony not WC 🙂

• Like 1