A Recap on the TwitchGaming Weekly Show

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, Kaprosuchus said:

you really gonna argue non copyrighted fiction?

YEEESSS 🤩

lol

No, but really, they used to research things a lot and that was sooo nice, that it just seems weird by now. Like the Cherufe thing, that was so cool, but it should be an evil humanoid so they called it Magmasaur instead.

It's like putting wings on a crocodile and calling it a Water Phoenix 🤔 they don't do that. They are careful with their lore.

I love love the new content, but still gonna call it a Tek Wyvern. I will be taming Tek Wyverns. I will sell Tek Wyverns. I will have a Tek base full of Tek Wyverns at roof!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alysson said:

YEEESSS 🤩

lol

No, but really, they used to research things a lot and that was sooo nice, that it just seems weird by now. Like the Cherufe thing, that was so cool, but it should be an evil humanoid so they called it Magmasaur instead.

It's like putting wings on a crocodile and calling it a Water Phoenix 🤔 they don't do that. They are careful with their lore.

I love love the new content, but still gonna call it a Tek Wyvern. I will be taming Tek Wyverns. I will sell Tek Wyverns. I will have a Tek base full of Tek Wyverns at roof!!!

im gonna cut the back legs off and call it tek wyrm, im gonna do an impossible task and go into the game files and change the model of the VoidWyvern and evaporate the back legs

• Haha 1

So many folks getting caught up on the specifics of draconic terms and species. I'm as much a fan of dragons as the next person, but we must remember they are fantasy creatures.

If I may wax encyclopedic, though...: "Wyrm" is a term that is often used to refer to any draconic creature. Even a full-on dragon could be referred to as a "wyrm" if one were to speak in a general enough manner. (Kind of like saying "man" or "mankind" to refer to the human race as a whole.) As for the term "wyrm" referring specifically to a two-legged serpent, you're half right. A two-legged serpent is specifically called a "lindwyrm" or a "land-wyrm".

Granted, I would be reluctantly willing to extend my definition of "dragon" to include any winged, reptilian creature with a breath weapon (especially since, in a good deal of mainstream fantasy such as D&D, wyverns do not have a breath attack). So the wyverns of Scorched, as well as the "dragons" in the Elder Scrolls universe or the "dragons" from Game of Thrones or the film adaptation of The Hobbit, could potentially be considered actual dragons.

Sorry for the text wall. I've been more or less obsessed with all things draconic since I was a kid. lol

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

Some juicy content, incendiary jar was just what i was looking for those raids that just needed a little extra spice. Also those variants are looking fresh. As for the rest of it, can't wait.

They already have the pointless oil jars, they will probably be just a reskin of those useless things.

I'm wondering if they are going to knee cap gen2 just like they did to Abberation, I sure hope so to have another beautiful looking Dlc but you can only use a small percentage of tames.  

Honestly I'm a little upset allo's are getting another variant, so many others that could have gotten another variant instead. Hopefully though more then 14 dinos will have a Gen-R version & I hope the Gen-R reapers are tame-able. If not it while be upsetting to say the least but I'll deal with it. Otherwise I'm really looking forward to the armor/weapons and that awesome looking voidwyrm XD .

Edited by TheTwistedKeeper
Fixed something
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AcexHellhound21 said:

In that VoidWyrm photo i noticed that OSD (Far left) does that mean we have Orbital Supply Drops? If so sweet i love those (yes i use to spawn then to destroy players bases as an admin before they were unable to be spawned on other maps)

Maybe the colony ship is where the OSDs came from?

17 hours ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

I hope the Gen-R reapers are tame-able. If not it while be upsetting to say the least but I'll deal with it. Otherwise I'm really looking forward to the armor/weapons and that awesome looking voidwyrm XD .

Agree. I love Reapers, and R ones looks even cooler. I'm  very excited for Noglin and Astrodelphis