How does transferring work

Hello,

So I'm used to playing on a unofficial server, but recently switched to official. I was wondering can I transfer to any official PvP server. I play on Xbox. It is a "beginner" server on the island and I want to get levels and games and switch to other maps and servers. Will I be able to do this to any official PvP server or is there certain clusters that you can only transfer too (I'm confused by the clusters). Just want to know because I'm only lvl 16 right now and dont want to progress any further into this server if I cant transfer my character or any dinos/items out, because I don't plan on staying in the Island for very long or this beginner server. Joining the beginner server in hopes that I build up my levels and get some tames/items to bring to a non-beginner server and compete. I'm doing this because I joined a regular server and was IMMEDIATELY bolaed, given sickness, and killed from someone camping the beach with an argentavis and long neck rifle. If anyone could provide some clearance on if it needs to be a cluster or just any official PvP server it would he greatly appreciated.

P.S. - If it does need to be some specific cluster, does anyone have any recommendations on a cluster and how I could find it though the long list of xbox servers.

Thank You

PC player here, but I am pretty sure things are similar for xboxes - the beginner servers are clustered with the main PVE/PVP(depending on the kind of beginner server) cluster for the platform, so you can transfer to any of the standard xbox PVP servers, but not the Small tribes, or ORP servers, which have their own clusters. 

On 5/26/2021 at 9:18 AM, DwayneTheRockElement said:

P.S. - If it does need to be some specific cluster, does anyone have any recommendations on a cluster and how I could find it though the long list of xbox servers.

There are basically two "main" clusters, one for PvP and one for PvE, and then some smaller specialty clusters like the Small Tribes clusters. If the server you're logging into does not include a specialty indicator in the name then you're good, you're on the Large PvP Cluster. Each cluster is separated from the others, so you can't transfer from the large cluster to any of the specialty clusters, nor can you transfer the other way. If you create a character on any SmallTribes PvP server it can only transfer to other SmallTribes PvP servers.

For example:

NA-PvP-Official-TheIsland21, NA-PvP-Official-TheIsland410, NA-PvP-Official-TheCenter361, NA-PvP-Official-Raganarok67 - these are all on the "large cluster" for PvP, you can transfer between any of the servers in the large cluster, and there are many servers in that cluster.

On the other hand:

NA-PvP-Official-TheIslandSmallTribes55 is only in the Small Tribes Cluster, if you're on any server with "SmallTribes" in the name then you can only transfer to other servers in the Small Tribes cluster.

Then there is:

NA-PvP-TheIsland-CrossArk9 - this server is in a cluster that contains a total of only 9 servers, one for each map. "CrossArk9" is a self-contained small cluster, any character that you create on that small cluster can only transfer between the 9 servers in that cluster.

As long as you create a character in the main PvP cluster then you will have access to lots of PvP servers.

Archived