PVP Building destroyed through walls

darcoven

Hi everyone,

I m a fairly new player in Ark and i play on xbox  pvp official small tribes cluster.

I just have been raided on my underwater cave base, i put many turrets at the entrance of the cave and i built the generator at the opposite side and i encased it in a 2x1x1 metal walls and fondation with a locked door.

When i checked the tribe log, the very first thing that got destroyed was the generator, but after physical inspection i found all the walls intact and the door still locked. 

So this is my question, how can a player can destroy a building without damaging or destroying the walls surrounding it? Is there a game mecanic or an item i miss?

Thanks for your responses.

It's hard to say without seeing the base. Meshing is a possibility but not likely. You can't mesh through player structures, only the Mesh of the world. If I had to guess I would say you probably didn't place your generator correctly. If even a little piece of it is sticking through the wall someone can shoot it with fire arrow and break it.

The exact same thing just happened to us, we were in a rat hole with around 15 heavies pointed towards the door, about 500 arb in each. The only way in was a pelagornis, so they meshed into the wall took out our mana and killed all our tames.  I bought Ark in early release, I bought it because it looked great and I expected that I would eventually get to play a game without any glitches or faults, a finished game. This has never happened, I'm sick of reporting DDos meshing, speed hacks esp and nothing being done about . I do get  a response from admin who  goes by the name raptor (shows how serious Wildcard take complaint's). Perhaps all the players who bought the game in early release should ask for a refund, lets face it the game was and still is not a finished game. So many issues. what do Wildcard do? fix them, police their servers....No they start working on ARK 2... 

6 hours ago, darcoven said:

@Tylanater

You might be right for this one, i had a tiny bit of the gen pointing out, however how did he got past turrets, i set them to target survivor only.

Does this settings ignore mounted players? Are the turrets are that bad at stoping anything?

I would need to see to be sure but you can shoot fire arrows pretty far. If they were all on survivors only he could have thrown and Arthopluera in and whistled it to attack the generator where it was sticking out with a spyglass. Survivors only will shoot mounted players but won't shoot unmounted tames even if they attack your stuff.

5 hours ago, Starfleetjunky said:

The exact same thing just happened to us, we were in a rat hole with around 15 heavies pointed towards the door, about 500 arb in each. The only way in was a pelagornis, so they meshed into the wall took out our mana and killed all our tames.  I bought Ark in early release, I bought it because it looked great and I expected that I would eventually get to play a game without any glitches or faults, a finished game. This has never happened, I'm sick of reporting DDos meshing, speed hacks esp and nothing being done about . I do get  a response from admin who  goes by the name raptor (shows how serious Wildcard take complaint's). Perhaps all the players who bought the game in early release should ask for a refund, lets face it the game was and still is not a finished game. So many issues. what do Wildcard do? fix them, police their servers....No they start working on ARK 2... 

Hate to break it to you but using a pelagornis to get into a spot is Meshing and dev wipable lol. You are not allowed to be in those spots. Using chairs, sleeping bags, tames, etc to get into a spot is all meshing.

• 2 weeks later...

yup I know it's meshing, I reported myself to ARK admin. we had an issue with a player being in the same spot and asked ark to sort it out, they did nothing. so we built in the same spot on another server and reported ourselves, we were given three days to move out.... after three days nothing happened, stuff still in there now as far as I'm aware... 

Archived