Differences between pve and pvp? in terms of breeding/general use?

CyberCrow24

me and my friends are wondering whats the difference between doing breeding projects and stuff in pve compared to pvp (if u exclude the whole other players being able/not able to sabotage you)?

i know you usually get rid of tons of baby dinos when breeding for example but is there any difference in the process?

besides that i know the general use on structures/damage (friendly fire) etc etc

anyone that know?

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

PVE = breeding as much as you want until you get bored.

PVP = breeding for as long as some neckbeard will allow you to.

idk is there any difference in the removal of unclaimed babies between the modes? (thats some questions my buds thought about). and the raising etc etc i know cuz server settings

and pve i know has the access to remove cryotimer

i mean is there any difference in process like the dino system related stuff with unclaimed removal of dinos, cryo timer etc etc besides the whole server sliders? or dinos as a whole?

Id say differences are that on pvp the dinos can be harvested by your own dinos. Its common to see people dispose of unwanted babies with a giga but you wont be able to do that on pve. You can kill them with the fire breath of a fire wyvern but I believe that is only with claimed babies. Then with cryopods you dont have cryosickness on pve which makes that part more bearable. Other than those 2 things its basically the exact same thing I believe.

8 hours ago, CyberCrow24 said:

me and my friends are wondering whats the difference between doing breeding projects and stuff in pve compared to pvp (if u exclude the whole other players being able/not able to sabotage you)? i know you usually get rid of tons of baby dinos when breeding for example but is there any difference in the process? besides that i know the general use on structures/damage (friendly fire) etc etc anyone that know?

Im currently in a single player run in PvP mode and "just" went through the process of cooking up some mutated rexs. From what I can tell, its the same grind as PvE EXCEPT! you can kill the dinos you have not claimed in PvP.

As for PvE, you must walk the reject dino's outside, and let them die away from the breeding pen, as you cannot kill them and cannot harvest the corpses. You must let them spoil on their own.

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

As for PvE, you must walk the reject dino's outside, and let them die away from the breeding pen, as you cannot kill them and cannot harvest the corpses. You must let them spoil on their own.

Unless friendly fire is on (and when it comes to official PVE, it IS on) - then you can kill and harvest your own dinos just fine, to the point where it's rather typical for players to have a high-damage shotgun or sword that's only used for killing breedjects.  It's when a baby dies unclaimed when the problems start, because they just lie there like an useless, unharvestable pile of meat.

5 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Unless friendly fire is on (and when it comes to official PVE, it IS on) - then you can kill and harvest your own dinos just fine, to the point where it's rather typical for players to have a high-damage shotgun or sword that's only used for killing breedjects.  It's when a baby dies unclaimed when the problems start, because they just lie there like an useless, unharvestable pile of meat.

weird, on my official legacy server run, I had to drag the dead yuty babies outside of my base.....kinda sucked. =/

3 hours ago, Tylanater said:

In PvE you can breed for mutations if you find it enjoyable but there's not much challenge in the late game of PvE. You don't really need anything beyond 1st or 2nd generation to do everything.

Totally not true, you try doing master controller on alpha with 1st or 2nd generation dinos. Not to mention alpha missions.

4 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Totally not true, you try doing master controller on alpha with 1st or 2nd generation dinos. Not to mention alpha missions.

Depends how much you want to limit yourself, it's easy to get gigas into that fight. Maybe you'll need a bit more but pretty much every boss can be cheesed in multiple ways and it's not that rewarding to not cheese them in my opinion because at the end of the day the PvE is just left clicking 90% of the time.

Archived