"All great journeys eventually come to an end." Wat?

SarahMonette

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

That sounds awful melodramatic?  Does that mean ARK 1 is getting the boot when ARK 2 gets here?  Or is that just a story/content conclusion?  Reworded, is ARK 1 getting shut down when ARK 2 is released?

Of course it's not getting shutdown.

It's just the conclusion of the Ark story.

On 5/25/2021 at 6:14 PM, GP said:

Of course it's not getting shutdown.

I doubt it. I dont know if there are official statements about it. But even then it isnt a 100% sure thing.
With all the complains, which I can also back-up, about the lack of support players can get. I find it hard to believe there will be support of any kind anymore for the official servers, if they have to maintain both Ark and Ark2 servers. That doesnt mean they wont keep them up. But the servers are constantly struggeling to keep Ark running. Especially on PvE is my guess. contant kicking etc. Server saves that take up to full minutes, Im pretty sure those servers are expencive or they dont have the extra money to have more powerfull servers. They are going to cost them a lot to keep up. 
Maybe they will terminate Legacy first, with the option to download latest saves, like what they did with the "Great Migration"
Official PvE will follow and PvP is going to get it also. Not immediatly, but I think it will be pretty soon after Ark 2 release.

Just my guesses though...

35 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Maybe they will terminate Legacy first, with the option to download latest saves, like what they did with the "Great Migration"
Official PvE will follow and PvP is going to get it also. Not immediatly, but I think it will be pretty soon after Ark 2 release.

Just my guesses though...

I dont think this will happen as soon as you suggest. Because this probbably will "kill" their player base, cause many players are still breeding and doing stuff. So even IF it will happen, this will take a while after release of ARK 2 bc they need to look first if the game will have a playerbase as big as the "original game"

LOL I believe many of us posted this back at the end of December when the launch was "supposed" to happen.   It's still their money maker, it's going to remain their money maker for years to come, Ark 2 isn't even hypothetically going to be ready for release till 2023 and there's no solid guarantee it's going to be successful, it could fall flat on it's face like Atlas did at first (or in some people's opinions, considered to still be.)  There might be some real issues with development, time management and bad marketing decisions, but they aren't stupid, they are gonna protect their golden goose.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived