Genesis Part 2: Art, Music and June 2 Delay

StudioWildcard

I always love it when I see someone say "taking time off work to play a video game is stupid."    To begin with, taking time off for the launch of a new game has been a thing for over 30 years, not because it's an excuse not to be donating blood, sweat and tears to an ungrateful employer who usually is trying to find a way to screw over the hard working employees that make him or her so much money, but because gamers generally get that excited about a new game and just want to get right into it.  I mean there's a dozen reason why it happens, sometimes people just need an excuse to throw a gamer party, or want to support their favorite title.  My wife and I enjoy taking time out of our lives to be with each other, playing a game we both enjoy, it's a great way to take a micro vacation by taking a day or two to really sink your teeth into a new release.  

Point being, most people have earned the right to take those days off if they choose to and nobody has a right to dictate what's an acceptable practice or not an acceptable practice.  You don't agree with taking time off? Have fun at work (assuming you even do work.)   That being said, I -always- take 2 days when it comes to Ark releases, usually the first day of launch is horrid and results in crashing, hours of downloading, and irritation.  But if you don't take the time off you won't be able to secure a decent place on the map to start building before the mega tribes or unscrupulous players place thousands of pillars down ruining the game experience for everyone.

• Thanks 1

Well this was unexpected but it could of been july but thanks Wild card that it's not the case, and MASSIVE! thanks to Gareth Coker for THE most epic music in history of ARK or any game, also big thx to Wild card for gen 2 and ARK  itself.This is and always be my favourite game in the world.You are truly the greatest survivors of ARK (and so are those who play) for still continuing from 2015 till this day and hopefully forever on till the very end!😍👏👏.

On 5/20/2021 at 9:23 PM, darknesslore said:

waited so long now prolonged... atleast launch the trailer or some new info at 26th the previous date, and please do not delay

"please do not delay"
Well, thank God Rockwell that you said that! Now Wildcard knows that players do not want content to be delayed. This will absolutely change everything.

I don't know why anyone is surprised by the news of a delay, WC NEVER releases on time. That is just a fact. Several of us had a pool going and no one was saying it would be out on time. Just degrees of how late.

The thing I must say is ... HOW CAN YOU SAY HAVING IT LAUNCH DURING THE 6th year Anniversary is a GOOD THING???

Servers are ALWAYS a nightmare on a launch, crap goes wrong. AND you're going to throw the anniversary event in there too? Do you just LIKE to fail and have to issue empty apologies? That must be a Yes because

you ( WC) keep doing things like this and they always crash and burn.

You can spin it anyway you like it. Doesn't make it true. You can call a dog a duck, doesn't make it true.

And even if remotely it is a mild success and we don't crash and get kicked every 5 minutes.

That still leaves the issue of trying to balance time between an event that means a lot AND the brand new content.

And sure the content will be there after the event, but some of us love the experience of discovery and that

will be GONE once everyone locusts all over everything. The first few days of a new launch are the

adrenaline rush. NOT the weeks after.

This is why Ark 2 will carry on without me and my $. You've learned nothing about how to treat your player base.

11 hours ago, Clakk said:

Nothing new. I just hope Genesis 2 is more then 8 Unique Creatures, 11 new items, some Plants, a Map and a Boss fight. And please note not a fan of having to grind 50,000 missions just to fight the Boss. I miss Ark.

Missions are maybe needed to force team work.

We should have missions (regular missions not boss fight) witch could not be started and  finished solo but only with 5 or more players. Rewards should be given according of number of participants too in order to force people forming teams and play together.

Missions can be a key  to incentive joining in tribe, in team and play together as in pve is mostly solo play except for ascension maybe.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 hours ago, RoxannePugg said:

All these losers saying they took off time work just to play a game... My God do you not hear yourselves?! How childish can you be! Be a professional and keep games to the side and focus on yer actual work or non existent loved ones.

Do you realise you have just talked about yourself? Because from what I can see the only loser here is those attacking others, the only childish people here are those attacking others, and the non-professional ones are those attacking others, i.e. YOU.

Please consider your own actions and words before preaching them to others.

Edited by GP
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GP said:

Do you realise you have just talked about yourself? Because from what I can see the only loser here is those attacking others, the only childish people here are those attacking others, and the non-professional ones are those attacking others, i.e. YOU.

Please consider your own actions and words before preaching them to others.

And right back at you as well Mr. Volunteer mod. Very unprofessional.

21 hours ago, VOLKYRONVALKON06 said:

Well this was unexpected but it could of been july but thanks Wild card that it's not the case, and MASSIVE! thanks to Gareth Coker for THE most epic music in history of ARK or any game, also big thx to Wild card for gen 2 and ARK  itself.This is and always be my favourite game in the world.You are truly the greatest survivors of ARK (and so are those who play) for still continuing from 2015 till this day and hopefully forever on till the very end!😍👏👏.

Lol yeah thank WC for only screwing up the launch by 6 months, not 7. We are forever in their debt.

21 hours ago, Sativa420 said:

I don't know why anyone is surprised by the news of a delay, WC NEVER releases on time. That is just a fact. Several of us had a pool going and no one was saying it would be out on time. Just degrees of how late.

The thing I must say is ... HOW CAN YOU SAY HAVING IT LAUNCH DURING THE 6th year Anniversary is a GOOD THING???

Servers are ALWAYS a nightmare on a launch, crap goes wrong. AND you're going to throw the anniversary event in there too? Do you just LIKE to fail and have to issue empty apologies? That must be a Yes because

you ( WC) keep doing things like this and they always crash and burn.

You can spin it anyway you like it. Doesn't make it true. You can call a dog a duck, doesn't make it true.

And even if remotely it is a mild success and we don't crash and get kicked every 5 minutes.

That still leaves the issue of trying to balance time between an event that means a lot AND the brand new content.

And sure the content will be there after the event, but some of us love the experience of discovery and that

will be GONE once everyone locusts all over everything. The first few days of a new launch are the

adrenaline rush. NOT the weeks after.

This is why Ark 2 will carry on without me and my $. You've learned nothing about how to treat your player base.

You also need to see that there making the big bucks regardless of there delays or not. The fame has been out for quite a while yet it's still 40 50 bucks.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 5/21/2021 at 9:07 PM, Noa said:

On June will be 6 month left to finish Ark 2.

Probably not on new engine as is not out jet.

Or postponing routines were calculated at time of announcement as normal?

Why 6 months? They said Ark 2 is due 2022 which means they would have upto 16 months to finish Ark 2.

Unreal 5.0 is due later in 2021 so by the time Ark 2 releases it will be on Unreal 5.0.

1 hour ago, GP said:

Why 6 months? They said Ark 2 is due 2022 which means they would have upto 16 months to finish Ark 2.

Unreal 5.0 is due later in 2021 so by the time Ark 2 releases it will be on Unreal 5.0.

6 months  from July to 01.01.2022. Shure they didn't say it will be last day of 2022 (31.12.2022).

And engine that will come  latter this year.

Is not the point.

They were not able to finish genesis from first promises with prepay ( sometime around  June 2019, i paid genesis season pass at 13 avg. 2019) to today in year and half and they plan to finish Ark 2 in much shorter time?

Edited by Noa

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Noa said:

6 months  from July to 01.01.2022. Shure they didn't say it will be last day of 2022 (31.12.2022).

And engine that will come  latter this year.

Is not the point.

They were not able to finish genesis from first promises with prepay ( sometime around  June 2019, i paid genesis season pass at 13 avg. 2019) to today in year and half and they plan to finish Ark 2 in much shorter time?

you don't know when they first started working on Ark 2. And your claim they will have 6 months to finish it is inaccurate.

Not really sure the point you are trying to make here.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GP said:

you don't know when they first started working on Ark 2. And your claim they will have 6 months to finish it is inaccurate.

Not really sure the point you are trying to make here.

True i don't know when they think to start with Ark 2.

I guessed they will start when engine will be aviable.

Also i guessed they will start when they finally finish genesis 2 and have all resources needed to start new project.

Your insinuation that they have already started could mean less resources for Ark 1 and that ARK 1  suffered a lot because devs played  with new project and postponing Ark 1  work instead to fix bugs and finish actual project.

Edited by Noa

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Noa said:

True i don't know when they think to start with Ark 2.

I guessed they will start when engine will be aviable.

Also i guessed they will start when they finally finish genesis 2 and have all resources needed to start new project.

Your insinuation that they have already started could mean less resources for Ark 1 and that ARK 1  suffered a lot because devs played  with new project and postponing Ark 1  work instead to fix bugs and finish actual project.

That's exactly how the software industry works, as soon as you release v1 (or sooner if you are a big studio) you start on the next money generator. You have a small skeletal crew releasing new assets to keep the players busy and fixing super minor or game breaking bugs for v1 but it's all hands-on deck for the next project.

When Blizard releases a new expansion, they've long already long been working on the next.

I'm willing to bet Ark 2 is more than 80% finished already.

• Like 1