Genesis Part 2: Art, Music and June 2 Delay

StudioWildcard

On 5/23/2021 at 2:28 AM, St1ckyBandit said:

Man I've seen some WC apologists on here, but this guy takes the cake. Delays are fine. Bugs are fine. Glitches are fine. 

Is that you Dolly ?

Yeah my name dolly. i am anywhere between 1-100 years old. i live on earth, where all the people are and i am maybe married. I work at as a wildcard employee, and i am home by 12pm-11-pm. Im not to sure if i smoke, and i maybe occasionally drink. i am in bed by 11pm or sometime around there, and i make sure i get enough sleep to have a good day, no matter what. after having a glass of warm milk and doing exercise of some sort before going to bed, i usually have no problem sleeping until morning. just like a newborn, i wake up without probably any stress or fatigue in the morning. i was told that maybe there was no issues at my last check-up. im trying to explain that i am a person who maybe wishes to live a quiet life. i maybe take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning or losing, that would maybe cause me to lose sleep at night. that is maybe how i deal with society, and i know that maybe is what brings me happiness. although if i were to fight i maybe wouldnt lose to anyone.

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's exactly how the software industry works, as soon as you release v1 (or sooner if you are a big studio) you start on the next money generator. You have a small skeletal crew releasing new assets to keep the players busy and fixing super minor or game breaking bugs for v1 but it's all hands-on deck for the next project.

When Blizard releases a new expansion, they've long already long been working on the next.

I'm willing to bet Ark 2 is more than 80% finished already.

"Ark 2 is more than 80% finished"

thats the sort of shmit we like to hear 😎

• Volunteer Moderator
10 hours ago, Noa said:

True i don't know when they think to start with Ark 2.

I guessed they will start when engine will be aviable.

Also i guessed they will start when they finally finish genesis 2 and have all resources needed to start new project.

Your insinuation that they have already started could mean less resources for Ark 1 and that ARK 1  suffered a lot because devs played  with new project and postponing Ark 1  work instead to fix bugs and finish actual project.

Well @Joebl0w13 already commented on the bit about Ark 2 being in production long before Gen 2 finished, that's how business works. You have seen the Ark 2 announcement trailer right? Which clearly shows work has begun.

As for your point about the engine that's wrong. They will currently be developing Ark 2 in Unreal Engine 4.x.x which is upgradable to 5.0. So when 5.0 is released, or before Ark 2 is released the devs will convert it to 5.0.

Let's be honest with ourselves did we really expect a game company known for shoddy dlc and very shoddy updates to actually release anything on time. To postpone it again simply for it to be released on or near the anniversary date of ark is bonkers in my opinion. I get why but come on you guys at wild card have made what almost a million or close too it just off this Genesis dlc. Am completing on asking for a refund and then go buy RUST.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, LyrikKardinal said:

Where is the special offer for Gen Season Pass for the release? That would be a nice gift for the delay :D Some more players I got on hand for the game and Gen 2. 

That would only be a gift for those that don't already have the Genesis pass, where as the majority affected by the delay will already have it.

Whenever it is released... I think my world will be so much better.  Not because I will be playing Gen - Part 2, but because all the players that have played regular Ark forever and just sit around duplicating / replicating / mass breeding their 1000s of gigas will finally have something else to do.  Maybe, just maybe the normal game will a little less laggy.  So yeah!  The new game will be freaking awesome for the rest of us that just want to play normal Ark. 👍

7 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Can we have the map name for unofficial servers to get prepared please?

I've asked for this on Twitter and every other damn place I can think of. Utter silence. Every new release why's the name of the damn map treated like a state secret??? It's 1 PM Eastern and still no hint on when - or if - the launch is happening today, can we at least get this basic info to get our servers set up? Or are you telling me the map name isn't finalized yet xD

42 minutes ago, Xystos said:

dno if it is accurate but there is a timer on twitch

"Estimated" release timer, meaning, "we'll pick some random-ass time and post a countdown clock to drum up viewers." Nothing but clickbait.

And speaking of clickbait, i think i'll be taking a pass on ARK 2 until it's out for like a year or two and on sale. They got me with the season pass this time around, but I'm supposed to be excited about a sequel when the first game still has a billion bugs, glitches, and functions that *never worked right from the day they were introduced* and *still don't work right three years later*, and have any confidence that ARK 2 won't just be more of the same? No thank you. Meanwhile small indie dev teams of like, eight people, or 3 people, or ONE DUDE, are creating innovative games with attention to detail, polish, and oh yeah, BUG FIXING. I wanna hear about WIldCode's commitment to quality and decision to stand behind their product that will make the ARK 2 experience different than the original release that was so infamous for its broken bits, it became a standard running joke to include ARK in Steam reviews of other games as the top of the "bugs" scale. Hey you're making a sequel and you have a cute cartoon out, that's great, maybe finish what you started first if you want repeat customers.

Edited by spacefiddle