Genesis Part 2: Art, Music and June 2 Delay

StudioWildcard

7 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

Now I'm not gonna be one of those people and say that you're wrong and only I am right. I can agree on this, Wildcard needs to give themselves more time for game development and QA testing. They shouldn't give an official release date until they know for certain that it wont change. From a business standpoint, I understand why they give a release date that wont be their actual release date. Its because they don't want to lose players by keeping them hyped for the release date just to have it be pushed back by unknown circumstances. That's one of their big problems. My suggestion is that they shouldn't give any sort of release date (either ever or until they have finished development and QA testing) as it would bring their rep up, I don't think people are exited about a release date, I think they are more exited for the content that would be released. I hope they can understand this when Ark 2 comes as it would put less stress onto them if they didn't try to give themselves a deadline that cant be met.

Agreed! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PPGamer said:

Yo u guys dont even know what programming is like huh? Suprise bugs happen like all the time and its only a week why complain so much? Feel bad for the people who took free days for the release tho. But stop complaining they want it to be really special and not full of bugs 

The thing is - who cares about their "wants". People paid money and expect to get good product. And what do we have? This survival game is the worst (among others) as far as optimisation, bugs, glitches, badly executed mechanics are concerned. Noone says that it's a bad game. I'm a gamer for a long time. And I'm ensure you - Ark is a horribly executed game. There haven't been even 1 game as baddly done as this one. And the worst support to top it all off.

I play Ark for along time. But I lost alot of things because of it's glitches and serever problems. I'm thankful for the game. But If you ask me - the developpers SHOULD be scolded for this kind of release. They DO a great job but it's not enough if you get bad experience when you play. There might be less content, less territories. BUT There shouldn't be things that ruin the whole experience (like server problems and glitches that destroy all you've done for monthes ) 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

but ultimately we feel it’s the right decision to get the new content to our players in the best way on launch day, simultaneously across Steam, Epic Games Store, Xbox, and PlayStation.

I don't mind the one week delay, but....it can't be the 'best way' really, unless you release the PS5 upgrade at the same time. And dammit, I literally just got mine yesterday just in time for this last DLC and I want to play it in all it's glory!

30 minutes ago, Wopranksta said:

Do you guys just crank out sh*t on purpose? Or do you guys actually try? Very lazy company always taking short cuts hence why the game isn’t optimized yet holy hell 

because of stuff like this, I'm not even gonna get involved with all you people. this is just disappointing, but you do you

I always feel so much better about myself after reading these posts, lol. The player base's salt literally sustains me at this point. All you people that claimed to have been playing this game since launch crack me up. If this is true, why wouldn't you expect another delay? WC has literally never met a release. You should know better than to trust a date until it's fully downloaded and you've already been playing it for a few days, hahaha. Also, stop lying to yourself and others about uninstalling the game. You're not going anywhere. Just shut up and enjoy it when we get it. 

Last thing, the other half of you gotta stop simping these devs. We all know they suck. Just admit it. We still play their garbo game anyway. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

If you're taking time off work for a video game that's NOT going anywhere , you MAY want to rethink , your Priorities ......   just sayin

Some people get their time off paid...so they can do things they want to do, and still get paid for it...lots of keyboard warriors thinking people are choosing video games over work that don’t know what they’re talking about.

I started to play ark when the game was still EA, 6 years go, ending this journey is kinda sad. But I'm ready to kick Rockwell's ass once again and for the last time under, i bet, an epic battle music. Gareth is never a disappointment :D i already love the main theme of this new DLC! 

Thanks guys for everything you have done for us! 

What i can say? Ad maiora! I hope Ark2 will allow you to do even greater things! You never disappointed me :D

Edited by MayaPatch

I see a lot of people saying that they should warn us earlier and that sort of thing, and yeah no one is happy about the delay.... but you have to realize in a game, especially one like ark a glitch or file that just does not let the game run, and if they leave it in there and it ends up being like when summer bash came out for xbox, or when cryopods update came out for xbox, or any of these other things that just make it hard to even want to play ark when you spend all of your time reloading the game just because you wanted to craft a cryo... or in the summer bash's case, you just wanted to play the game in general so you cant say "oh they need to let us know sooner" because it could just be that they actually didnt know sooner

Edited by SkiffGang

10 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

i dont cheat, i dont dupe, i just like some of the glitches in the game because it makes it more fun and adds a sense of comedy as it can be hilarious with some of the bugs n shmit that the game has. as far as im concerned, i am not a troll 

how do you find hilarious loosing a dino in a 5 sec glitch that took at least one week to raise????

10 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

i can play gen 1 almost perfectly on an old xbox, so idk what you're doing wrong but gen 1 runs fine.

well im correnctly playing on pc and i can tell you gen 1 its unstable as hell, plus really depends if you have chinese on you server whit mega giant empty bases waiting to be sold for real money and how many have tons of dinos out getting dust

8 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

You'd have to be a moron to be surprised about arks awful launch states even after multiple delays, but judging by some of the blind faith posts here, that seems to be exactly what were dealing with.

btw since you know so much about wildcard and love them soo much to give them soo much support, awnser me this: who owns the company?

9 minutes ago, RoxannePugg said:

All these losers saying they took off time work just to play a game... My God do you not hear yourselves?! How childish can you be! Be a professional and keep games to the side and focus on yer actual work or non existent loved ones.

Yes! You should only take off work if you can cure cancer or something in a week or two. Holidays aren't for enjoying stuff and relaxing, they're to better mankind, you damn losers!!!!!

Edited by xBuzz

2 hours ago, SkiffGang said:

I see a lot of people saying that they should warn us earlier and that sort of thing, and yeah no one is happy about the delay.... but you have to realize in a game, especially one like ark a glitch or file that just does not let the game run, and if they leave it in there and it ends up being like when summer bash came out for xbox, or when cryopods update came out for xbox, or any of these other things that just make it hard to even want to play ark when you spend all of your time reloading the game just because you wanted to craft a cryo... or in the summer bash's case, you just wanted to play the game in general so you cant say "oh they need to let us know sooner" because it could just be that they actually didnt know sooner

Glitch what glitch, There is no glitch that is big enough in genesis part 2 to even delay it. If there was they would need at least a month to fix it, they would of known for awhile  and they would told us of it, they could just release the game and just do patches that would better then delaying. its likely that there  trying to release the game on pc and console at the same time, that is just a bad idea over all. Screw console for there  scams and badly designed system, if this is the case just release part 2 for pc on May 26 and for console release it on June 2. But the most likely is theres nothing wrong with the game at all and they just want to release it on the anniversary what is not ok in any shape or form. in the end they had the time to tell us before being delayed with in the same week. When you keep doing crap like that people just dont want to play. The only way you can get people hyped again is if you dont delay or somehow out of the nowhere to release early. These sneak peaks and x5 taming just dose not cut it. the amount of hope I have for this game is vary little right now and soon planning on just deleting the game.

• Facepalm 1