Genesis Part 2: Art, Music and June 2 Delay

StudioWildcard

5 minutes ago, GordoGoH said:

If you really hate the game this much then you do have the right to leave, you're not being held captive by the ark devs to paly their game, all they want to do is release content for their players and it may take longer then expected. I did use the word polished and that's kind of a bad word to use, what I meant was fixing as much as they could.

And in the end it's still barely playable. I guess you forget how bad genesis 1 stuttered on it's release or the invisible drones that made the lunar biome unplayable. If that was as good as they good get it after a lengthy delay I'd hate to see what it looked like before.

I dont hate the game, I like it. Doesnt changr the fact that the dev team is trash and has been from day 1. Great concepts but absolutely horrid execution EVERY TIME.

Edited by St1ckyBandit

46 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

And in the end it's still barely playable. I guess you forget how bad genesis 1 stuttered on it's release. If that was as good as they good get it after a lengthy delay I'd hate to see what it looked like before.

I dont hate the game, I like it. Doesnt changr the fact that the dev team is trash and has been from day 1. Great concepts but absolutely horrid execution EVERY TIME.

There is nothing wrong with the dev team, they have 45 overall employees, which mean they may have around only 30-35 actual game developers. that's only been an increase of 15-20 since they started. I don't think there is anything wrong with the dev team, its how many numbers they have. they are trying as hard as they can with what they have. look at some of the biggest game development companies in the world, some of them only release 2-3 games a year and have upwards of 500 devs.

Also i had no problems with any of the maps, even though im on an old xbox

Edited by GordoGoH

Haha wildcard you clowns. After 7 years you people still can NOT meet a deadline YOU set. Not 1 . Every dlc gets pushed out , and every time you guys have some excuse. You guys should just come and tell the truth early on. This DLC is late again, because you had to few people working on it. You put to much of your staff on ARK2 so the people left to finish off ark 1 could Not deliver. Every time. I still think you will push it out again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greatchawhee said:

Haha wildcard you clowns. After 7 years you people still can NOT meet a deadline YOU set. Not 1 . Every dlc gets pushed out , and every time you guys have some excuse. You guys should just come and tell the truth early on. This DLC is late again, because you had to few people working on it. You put to much of your staff on ARK2 so the people left to finish off ark 1 could Not deliver. Every time. I still think you will push it out again.

Why complain? there is literally no point in complaining. Calling them clowns isn't going to get them to do a better job. I'm probably the only one here who finds that the glitches make the game better, case in point the fish and other animals flying glitch, I use it all the time to get from point A to point B by letting them fly up between 2 ledges so i could get across. everyone should let them do what they want and if they decide to delay a DLC then so be it. they will eventually come out with the game. Roll with the flow and let them be. Yea I know that we are paying customers and we have a right to get what we payed for, but even with retail sellers like Amazon, they might have to delay something because of an unknown problem, but in the end we still get our product.

Just now, GordoGoH said:

Why complain? there is literally no point in complaining. Calling them clowns isn't going to get them to do a better job. I'm probably the only one here who finds that the glitches make the game better, case in point the fish and other animals flying glitch, I use it all the time to get from point A to point B by letting them fly up between 2 ledges so i could get across. everyone should let them do what they want and if they decide to delay a DLC then so be it. they will eventually come out with the game. Roll with the flow and let them be. Yea I know that we are paying customers and we have a right to get what we payed for, but even with retail sellers like Amazon, they might have to delay something because of an unknown problem, but in the end we still get our product.

Perhaps you think this is a 1 time thing? And clowns yes. We ask for less glitches and less bugs. What is their response? Give us a map where we are killed by bugs and have to fix glitches. Basically laughing at the people who by the product they make. So clowns is fitting. Do you think it is a odd that it gets delayed to the point of releasing now on the anniversary? They knew they would delay it, we knew they would delay it. I am just pointing out the fact that they think it's all a joke. This has literally happened every single time. The give a date, the muss it. This happens multiple times every dlc. A pattern?

1 minute ago, RoxannePugg said:

I love all the tears coming from these ungrateful neckbeards. If your as fed as you cry about then go. Nobody's gonna miss ye let us enjoy the game. Delays and all. 

We ALL knew it would be delayed. If I was gonna go I would have in past 7 years. By the way there is no tears in  fact I am laughing, so is wildcard. Do you even know the joke? Blood and ashes I flaming started my comment with haha. 

4 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

What if they didn't know that the game needed to be delayed weeks ago, surprise bugs happen all the time during the final play tests (not even just on ark), they just want to make sure the game can actually be played when it launches 

It just so happens to be postponed until the anniversary? Come on? What are the odds? They knew. They knew. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Greatchawhee said:

Perhaps you think this is a 1 time thing? And clowns yes. We ask for less glitches and less bugs. What is their response? Give us a map where we are killed by bugs and have to fix glitches. Basically laughing at the people who by the product they make. So clowns is fitting. Do you think it is a odd that it gets delayed to the point of releasing now on the anniversary? They knew they would delay it, we knew they would delay it. I am just pointing out the fact that they think it's all a joke. This has literally happened every single time. The give a date, the muss it. This happens multiple times every dlc. A pattern?

I like the glitches, and I know that they will probably delay the DLC's, its not uncommon ground, however I dont blame the devs for anything. I will still happily support this game for as long as i live no matter how many bugs and glitches there are or how long DLC's are delayed. They don't see this community as a joke either, they genuinely want to make the game better but running off of a minimum of 20 devs isn't the best. I just see a missed delay date as an opportunity to play the game in its current state without the new DLC's features, because there is no doubt that Gen 2 will break the mould in terms of PvP and PvE respectively. 

12 minutes ago, soulslayer said:

I really hope this will at least actually be a simultaneous release for all platforms, I Do not ever recall that being the case, but if xbox gets delayed again like I expect it to be, it'll make all these delays even more annoying for me and mine. 

it will be a simultaneous release, they wont release it until all platforms apart from switch and mobile are ready 

6 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

Bruh, they are working extra hard to release this DLC, they are trying to make it extra special. Plus they are releasing it on Ark's anniversary (June 2), making it a perfect time to close the series off at the same time when it began. and they wont put the launch trailer out 2 weeks before it releases, cause then its not a launch trailer, its just a trailer. It wouldn't make sense to release a DLC pre launch trailer either cause it is 2 weeks away, usually you would release a DLC pre launch trailer months before the release. 

"they are working extra hard to release this DLC" dude you gonna be very very surprise when the map is out, count on first day system not server going down since they wanna launch in all platforms at the same time, plus we already have gen 1 (a broken dlc that they dont give two poops about it, its almost unplayingble) and for last, i have play this game for many year and one think i can say to your face this gonna hurt you very much unless you dont play online or official servers otherwise its gonna be a poophole all over again exactly like every other paid dlc before :D

1 hour ago, GordoGoH said:

I like the glitches, and I know that they will probably delay the DLC's, its not uncommon ground, however I dont blame the devs for anything. I will still happily support this game for as long as i live no matter how many bugs and glitches there are or how long DLC's are delayed. They don't see this community as a joke either, they genuinely want to make the game better but running off of a minimum of 20 devs isn't the best. I just see a missed delay date as an opportunity to play the game in its current state without the new DLC's features, because there is no doubt that Gen 2 will break the mould in terms of PvP and PvE respectively. 

dude if you like the glitches than youre a cheater for sure 100% duper, and for the rest of your comment youre a troll what else can one honest person get from that

1 hour ago, FOX8619 said:

"they are working extra hard to release this DLC" dude you gonna be very very surprise when the map is out, count on first day system not server going down since they wanna launch in all platforms at the same time, plus we already have gen 1 (a broken dlc that they dont give two poops about it, its almost unplayingble) and for last, i have play this game for many year and one think i can say to your face this gonna hurt you very much unless you dont play online or official servers otherwise its gonna be a poophole all over again exactly like every other paid dlc before :D

i can play gen 1 almost perfectly on an old xbox, so idk what you're doing wrong but gen 1 runs fine.

1 hour ago, FOX8619 said:

dude if you like the glitches than youre a cheater for sure 100% duper, and for the rest of your comment youre a troll what else can one honest person get from that

i dont cheat, i dont dupe, i just like some of the glitches in the game because it makes it more fun and adds a sense of comedy as it can be hilarious with some of the bugs n shmit that the game has. as far as im concerned, i am not a troll 

I think PISSED is an understatement for most of us, not because it's delayed, but because like many have said, they took time off work, pushed stuff aside to be on and ready for a launch next week, and now it's pushed back even further when everyone could have been notified much sooner to adjust those plans.  Thankfully, in our case, my wife didn't pull the trigger on scheduling our pet for some play time for 2 days at a local pet suites today.  My gut told me not to do it and when I told her that we held off. Some people however weren't so lucky.

Personally, I just want the map released, or I'd like to at the very least be able to load up the unfinished map just to be able to look around, even in the editor would be fine.   I'm not all that upset, disappointed maybe, but upset.. nah..  I'd pretty much lost interest altogether in Genesis 2 until the more recent hype hit the crunches anyhow. 

I said this a year or two ago and I'll say it now, someone in your marketing team needs to be demoted to janitor for the lack thereof of any promotion at all on the game until the last month or two. I sure hope Ark 2 isn't going to be spearheaded by the same people pushing through Ark 1, clearly the mistakes of the past haven't truly be recognized and learned from.  In truth, I'm semi convinced I won't bother with Ark 2 as my expectations won't be met and I'll have moved on to other AAA titles by the time anything comes out that even looks remotely interesting about it.

Edited by Rio4201

3 hours ago, FOX8619 said:

You'd have to be a moron to be surprised about arks awful launch states even after multiple delays, but judging by some of the blind faith posts here, that seems to be exactly what were dealing with.

Edited by St1ckyBandit