Genesis Part 2: Art, Music and June 2 Delay

StudioWildcard

2 minutes ago, GordoGoH said:

I find it really sad that people take time off work to play this game, not that the game is bad or anything (I enjoy playing this game). It's just sad that people would rather play games then work... you know... for money. also you're probably not a very fun person to be around seeing as you genuinely think that they hate their players enough to trick them into having time off of work then delaying it. they try as hard as they can to appease the community, It just takes time to fix certain problems, but judging you from your short paragraph you don't run a million dollar survival game and wouldn't understand the trouble of fixing bugs and working on patches for hacks.

What people do with their free time is their business. Some people are still in lockdown and won't have a chance to go on holiday this year, so why you judging them for taking time off to do what they enjoy?

And no, most people don't think they're trying to trick the playerbase, but I do think they lack communicative skills.

Edited by DissuXx

3 hours ago, DemoninjaDSM said:

Thats it im done. You pulled this last time and time before, I was playing when beta release happened ... 6 years ago... and now here we are and once again just another disappointment and waste of my money on a game that keeps failing to even keep one moment true to their word. GG wildcard, it starts 1 week then 2 then 3 then oops a month and what do players get. They get screwed, hope you stop promising others in ark2 like you have burned everyone of us in ark1 ...... sigh.... game deleted good luck everyone. 

P.S.

I read that whole article, wow.... you really treat us like we are _______ don't you. Work from home, we all have been for over a year now, don't lie just be honest you guys are changing the date to june to release.. and don't lie ffs this is why in done.. Seriously that did it 100% done bye all

#nohope #dreamsgone #liedagain #WC #Wildcard #delayed #whatsnew #deleatedgame

putting off some real cro-magnon energy here

2 hours ago, JS2 said:

Wildcard you are a joke delayed 4 times now if I was your management I would fire everyone of you 

but you're not management are you? If you fired every one of them then you would have nothing... absolutely nothing. Making a thoughtful judgment, I can guess that you aren't a game developer, you wouldn't know how to fix any sort of bug, you wouldn't know how to make a decent game. Even if you added a whole new cast of developers, they don't know Ark. They would make something that's just not ark, yea they could probably make a dinosaur related game but that's not what ark is. Ark is a fusion of survival and story (like the Forest). The hardest game to create in game development is a sandbox multiplayer survival game (aka Ark).

1 hour ago, Viosiax said:

Ok I will admit I am very disappointed 😞 not in the fact there is a delay I'm disappointed in the timing I'm sure you knew about this delay for weeks and yet you still post about it being released on the 26th up untill now, why? Why wait till a week before to let us know of a delay you knew about weeks ago 😒 I hope you at wild card will work on this when working on ark 2 and if anything make a date well past your target date then if its done sooner your followers will be much happier for a earlier than stated release date. So your not making false promises.

Its called maybe a surprise bug in the game, they try to be as nice to the average player as they can be, they just want to make a game that wont break upon launch (ok now saying that it probably will but even then, would you rather have the DLC come out on its intended time and not be able to run it OR would you have a game that got delayed and be able to run it when it comes out?)

25 minutes ago, DissuXx said:

I don't care that it's delayed, but I do care that we've been left in the dark once again. They should've been up front with us. People take time off work for a DLC to their favourite game.

What if they didn't know that the game needed to be delayed weeks ago, surprise bugs happen all the time during the final play tests (not even just on ark), they just want to make sure the game can actually be played when it launches 

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, DissuXx said:

I don't care that it's delayed, but I do care that we've been left in the dark once again. They should've been up front with us. People take time off work for a DLC to their favourite game.

People should know better by now not to take time off for the release of a video game that could be delayed at any moment.

Especially this one.

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 1

So, from all of that, the only take away is: to all those who requested time off of work to enjoy this, go f*** yourself. Not only did you waste your time, but it’s likely too little notice to cancel and re-request it off.

and no, Wildcard, this does not mean the community wants it delayed further. It probably will be though.

It's kinda sad people are complaining about a delay. It's delayed only a week and WIld Card wants this DLC to be extra special. Of course most of the fanbase is sad about this whole delay but you don't have to go insulting the devs about it. The adventure we all went on 6 years ago, on June 2nd, 2015, is ending on the same day 5 years later. Wild Card wants to end off the adventure on a big bang (it will literally be big).  And what an bang it will be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

Its called maybe a surprise bug in the game, they try to be as nice to the average player as they can be, they just want to make a game that wont break upon launch (ok now saying that it probably will but even then, would you rather have the DLC come out on its intended time and not be able to run it OR would you have a game that got delayed and be able to run it when it comes out?)

Like I said in my post I'm not upset about it being delayed...I am upset about them not telling us sooner or at least planning for issues to come up wild card does not have the best track record with release dates so it would be proactive for them to plan ahead for a delay and just push the intend date back from the target date example: if they had planned a release date for July in the first place no one would be complaining about it being delayed and they would have plenty of time for QA testing and suprize bugs.

Edited by Viosiax
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Whitecrayon said:

So, from all of that, the only take away is: to all those who requested time off of work to enjoy this, go f*** yourself. Not only did you waste your time, but it’s likely too little notice to cancel and re-request it off.

and no, Wildcard, this does not mean the community wants it delayed further. It probably will be though.

If you're taking time off work for a video game that's NOT going anywhere , you MAY want to rethink , your Priorities ......   just sayin

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Viosiax said:

Like I said in my post I'm not upset about it being delayed...I am upset about them not telling us sooner or at least planning for issues to come up wild card does not have the best track record with release dates so it would be proactive for them to plan ahead for a delay and just push the intend date back from the target date example: if they had planned a release date for July in the first place no one would be complaining about it being delayed and they would have plenty of time for QA testing and suprize bugs.

Now I'm not gonna be one of those people and say that you're wrong and only I am right. I can agree on this, Wildcard needs to give themselves more time for game development and QA testing. They shouldn't give an official release date until they know for certain that it wont change. From a business standpoint, I understand why they give a release date that wont be their actual release date. Its because they don't want to lose players by keeping them hyped for the release date just to have it be pushed back by unknown circumstances. That's one of their big problems. My suggestion is that they shouldn't give any sort of release date (either ever or until they have finished development and QA testing) as it would bring their rep up, I don't think people are exited about a release date, I think they are more exited for the content that would be released. I hope they can understand this when Ark 2 comes as it would put less stress onto them if they didn't try to give themselves a deadline that cant be met.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

It called polishing off the game. It's like you think that they want to delay the game. Also if they release it on its new date then it will release on its anniversary which means that it finishes off on the same date that it started.

Yeah genesis 1 was real polished after its delay. Oh wait no it was still broken af.

Yeah extinction was real polished after its delay. Oh wait no it was still broken af.

Nothing this team has ever released has been polished right down to simple events.

Crystal Isles came out on August 25th last year. How much time does a studio need to finish ONE MAP.

Keep licking their boots though. I'm sure Ark 2 will be polished right ?

1 minute ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Yeah genesis 1 was real polished after its delay. Oh wait no it was still broken af.

Yeah extinction was real polished after its delay. Oh wait no it was still broken af.

Nothing this team has ever released has been polished right down to simple events.

Crystal Isles came out on August 25th last year. How much time does a studio need to finish ONE MAP.

Keep licking their boots though. I'm sure Ark 2 will be polished right ?

If you really hate the game this much then you do have the right to leave, you're not being held captive by the ark devs to paly their game, all they want to do is release content for their players and it may take longer then expected. I did use the word polished and that's kind of a bad word to use, what I meant was fixing as much as they could.

2 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

It's intended release time was December 2020. Quite a few surprise bugs in the last 6 months I guess.