Genesis Part 2: Art, Music and June 2 Delay

StudioWildcard

We’ve had our heads down as we push to get ARK: Genesis Part 2 across the finish line, and we’d like to take pause and touch base with an update for our community. 

Firstly, here’s the reveal of the ARK Genesis 2 Main Theme Music, and Key Art -- which contains an important message that’s further explained below:

Download image in full resolution

This final chapter of the ARK: Survival Evolved story is by far the most intricate and ambitious expansion we’ve yet created! We’re so excited to share it with you and proud of the team’s immense efforts, creativity, and passion. We truly believe Genesis 2 will be something special, and a fitting story conclusion to the journey you’ve taken with us in ARK over the past 6 years, and hope our players will feel likewise!

As many of you are aware, we transitioned to a fully-remote working environment at the beginning of last year. Shifting from a collaborative in-office workflow to remote comes with unique challenges.

The massive scope of Genesis Part 2, and our personally set challenge of ending ARK 1 with a bang, was compounded by the team having to work from home all the way through the forthcoming release. We have made the decision to delay the launch by one week, until June the 2nd. Just in time for the 6th Anniversary of ARK! 

This was a difficult decision for us, since we’re as eager to get Genesis 2 into your hands as you are to play it--but ultimately we feel it’s the right decision to get the new content to our players in the best way on launch day, simultaneously across Steam, Epic Games Store, Xbox, and PlayStation.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and hope that when you get to play Genesis Part 2 and take the first steps to the end -- or a new beginning? -- that you will agree the wait will have been worth it! 

As HLN-A would say, “Hang in there, Survivors!” -- we’re almost home.

- The Studio Wildcard Team

P.S. Astrodelphis! (AKA Space Dolphins!)

ARK_Genesis2_Promo_Astrodelphis_1920x1080.jpg

Curious and inquisitive, the swift Astrodelphis may look like the cetaceans that once swam in Earth's oceans but this variation had loftier dreams and made an interstellar home amongst the stars, evolving unique traits. 

Equip a Starwing Saddle, and you have a sentient spacecraft capable of blasting targets into oblivion.

View full article

• Thanks 1

Are we actually going to get the anniversary event, though. It's not a color event but some of us are counting on the cake slices from party dodos to get the rare chbis we're missing and all of us are counting on the raised rates to get more baby raising done

On the subject of chibis, if/when the manticore chibi appears, it better fly like the griffin

• Like 2

❤️ I am so excited for this. Shame its delayed by a week but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Thank you for the long journey you guys, I have been around since early access on Steam and I am amazed, shocked, and impressed how far this game has come. Hurdles aside, you guys have done an amazing job with this game and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me a game I can enjoy with my brother.

Best wishes!

While you keep fixing stuff for the official release please please fix the mana and tuso glitches on official i know your dms are loaded with the complaints about. Also would be nice if you fix illegal skiff builds and quetz build cant wait for the launch of some more op stuff. Aimbot with mini gun coming to a server near you June 2nd

• Like 2

You guys make it really hard for us to take you seriously at this point. Why do you guys have to do this literally less than a week before the actual release? You would've known this a month ago... People are excited to play your game and take time off work to play it and then you move the release. For the love of GOD, give the community a proper notice for ONCE. This happens every damn release you guys bring out.. it's ridiculous.

Edited by DissuXx
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Psyloc said:

While you keep fixing stuff for the official release please please fix the mana and tuso glitches on official i know your dms are loaded with the complaints about. Also would be nice if you fix illegal skiff builds and quetz build cant wait for the launch of some more op stuff. Aimbot with mini gun coming to a server near you June 2nd

yes, this please.  hacks are getting worse. even players get personal ddos attacks on there home connection, ip address somehow leaking via hacked clients

Embarrassing and shameful. We have members of our cluster that literally took work off to be part of the launch and you just days beforehand push back the release instead of giving proper notice of at least a month. Let that sink in that it is your 6th anniversary and still you cannot be considerate of your community. You knew you were going to push the date back weeks ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

Thats it im done. You pulled this last time and time before, I was playing when beta release happened ... 6 years ago... and now here we are and once again just another disappointment and waste of my money on a game that keeps failing to even keep one moment true to their word. GG wildcard, it starts 1 week then 2 then 3 then oops a month and what do players get. They get screwed, hope you stop promising others in ark2 like you have burned everyone of us in ark1 ...... sigh.... game deleted good luck everyone. 

P.S.

I read that whole article, wow.... you really treat us like we are _______ don't you. Work from home, we all have been for over a year now, don't lie just be honest you guys are changing the date to june to release.. and don't lie ffs this is why in done.. Seriously that did it 100% done bye all

#nohope #dreamsgone #liedagain #WC #Wildcard #delayed #whatsnew #deleatedgame

Edited by DemoninjaDSM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1