What's going on this week! Quick catch-up thread

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey guys,

There's a lot going on this week and you've probably seen activity on social/survivetheark all over the place so it's pretty difficult to keep up. Now a lot of this won't be news to everyone, but I figure I'd just consolidate information into one simple post. 

Figured I'll make a quick reddit-post just to share some information.

Xbox Update!

MET3HaP.jpgThis is the patch we've been working on over the coming weeks and it's currently going through Microsoft QA! Assuming all goes well and they're happy with it and find no bugs / issues, we're hoping that we'll be able to deploy it tomorrow [ Tuesday ] . It'll include the Center, as well as all of the latest PC content. -- Though that all depends on whether there are any issues! We'll have to see how it all goes tonight! Fingers crossed! 

PC Update

1zZRNDw.jpg

Here's a PC update which is currently being worked on / QA'd that we're also hoping to launch tomorrow if all goes well. It should hopefully include the feature that everybody has been waiting for, the ability to pick up your Dodo! Of course between now and actual release, a billion things could go wrong - but let's touch wood that they don't eh? ;).

Mod Contest

We haven't forgotten! We are very excited to announce the winners of our mod-contest. The modding-community in ARK is very important to us and we're absolutely enchanted with how well it's taken off and the hard work the community have put into it! We will be announcing the winners shortly and are super grateful for what you guys have accomplished so far, as well as for putting the Dev Kit through it's paces hehe! P.S Feel free to harass @ComplexMinded about mod-related stuff. 

Server Performance

Server performance is a topic I've seen come up a fair bit lately, especially on Reddit. Rest assured guys, we will be making improvements - don't sweat! A lot of the concerns that have cropped up lately have been due to a bug that we've got going on (you may have noticed today on Twitter, I was speaking to a lot of players about it) and we believe we may have found the cause of that bug, though it's a bit of a deep-fix, so it's not been deployed yet as we want to make sure it's solid before pushing it out. However if there are any Official Servers that are currently having issues with players being unable to mount Dinos, open storage chests, weird-dino movement - just reach out to me and I will come check it out - though we did resolve a large number of cases today and by the next time we do a full deployment with the update, the rest should be taken care of - if I haven't sort them out myself by then. Easiest way to get a hold of me would probably be twitter as I always have my deck open. (https://twitter.com/jatstweeter)

Community Crunch

Every week, we aim - this doesn't always happen, but we do try! - to post a Community Crunch which shows off fanart, fan-made videos, basically content that you guys make!

It also includes some weekly contests where we hand out cash-prizes, these are known as ARKitect, ARKArt, and the newly added ARKpocalypse [hopefully even more down the line!] - we encourage Survivors to submit screenshots of things they've made in game to participate in the contest, or hell if you've got something you'd like to share - send it to the community. On occasion, if something has stood out - we may reward for it too :).

So yeah, if you've got something you'd like to share, send it my way - or post it here:

We also check out the Community Hub Gallery on survivetheark and steam too!

Biome Changes

Still the same information since the last time I posted about it, but guess what? I'm going to tell you all again!

The expected (ESTIMATED) release is May the 30th! 

If there are any more changes to come, due to technical reasons or otherwise - we will immediately let you know. However these are the changes and we're confident we'll be able to make them.

----

What's happening?

The Old Snow Biome has received some changes, the extent of which is difficulty to quantify, it is closer to a touch-up as opposed to a re-do. There is a chance this could effect bases in that location, which is why we wanted to include it on the map to give you guys the option as to whether to relocate or not, however it is also likely that they are not significant enough to cause you any disruption.

The other highlighted areas, are areas of change. This is where the new Redwood Biome will exist. The swamp isn't being made into a tiny small piece, it is still rather large - it's just a far majority of it will be unaffected by this map change, which is why it is not highlighted on the map - however the areas that are highlighted, will change. 

We try to avoid making drastic map changes as we know it can be unsettling for players to have to be concerned about relocating their base, however sometimes we have to go ahead and make those changes for the development of the game. We apologize if this does cause any inconvenience and we really hope you enjoy the upcoming biome changes :)

---

large.573226dc73cea_7D85D9D02D8F501A9E3931C34EEDFCB5F89592A0C6092BD0FEpimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Key

Blue area == Changes occurring in this area are to highlight the new Snow Biome. The previous biome will receive a touch-up / some alterations and adjustments which may effect your base. So there are some slight landscape/terrain changes made throughout the biome.

Orange area == This is the new Redwood biome. It will be replacing the previous existing Jungle/Mountain area that was here before. 

Green area == **This is the swamp biome that will turn into Redwood.** The rest of the swamp will be fine.

---

Don't worry if it's a little confusing! We'll be updating the in-game environment with 3D markers indicating areas that will be undergoing a change!

---

I think that's pretty much everything.. I think, I'll edit if not. I will be a bit quieter from Wednesday til the end of the weekend as my Sister is sorta-getting married (some cultural thing..) and I have to do brother-family stuff, however you'll be in good-hands of course and I'll be keeping an eye out from wherever I am and will stop by when I do get some freetime! 

3 hours ago, Jat said:

We'll be updating the in-game environment with 3D markers indicating areas that will be undergoing a change!

That's a fantastic idea !!

So if your area become colourized (not normal colours) then you know your in an effected area? Cool !!

(might raise or lower the panic)

so do you mean like this ? 

or like this ? 

or like this ?  

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived