Epic Games Store Ark Mods???

plshelpmeeee

Hi all :) I used to play a lot of Ark and am interested in returning and experimenting with mods. I have the Epic Games Ark and have been seeing conflicting information and was wondering if is is possible to use mods for Ark on the Epic Games Store? If so, how do you do this and can you play with other people on Epic Games/Steam? Thank you in advance :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 1:24 PM, plshelpmeeee said:

Hi all :) I used to play a lot of Ark and am interested in returning and experimenting with mods. I have the Epic Games Ark and have been seeing conflicting information and was wondering if is is possible to use mods for Ark on the Epic Games Store? If so, how do you do this and can you play with other people on Epic Games/Steam? Thank you in advance :)

I've read that they're planning to support mods on Epic, but I haven't read anything that gives a schedule or date for when that will happen.

17 hours ago, legendofgow said:

So.... what about mods on epic game store?  It's been 6months since epic added mod support, I've already asked everyone, even support and no one wants to answer,is there any information about it when? cmo devs wake up how much more do we have to wait before you settle it :)

There are third party sites that host mod downloads. Even if Epic doesn't officially support them by making them available in the Epic store, mods will still work with the Epic version of ARK. This is something I do with Valheim, a game that officially doesn't support mods but mods still work. I've never done this with ARK since I've only ever played the Steam version, but if you're willing to do a little extra work (like maybe installing a mod manager to help you keep them up-to-date) then you should be able to use mods with your Epic install.

• 2 months later...
On 5/18/2021 at 1:24 PM, plshelpmeeee said:

As I understand, currently steam, epic, and consoles all play separately {which sucks eggs and has caused hundreds of multi purchases just for people to play with their friends} Sorry for that. :(
Next, mods for epic was mentioned some time ago. Not sure where it is on the list of things to do, but the idea of it working its way over to epic kinda had me taking note, as if it does come over to epic, there might actually be a chance for us on console to get some of those mods as the epic version and xbox version are nearly identical. {including all the bugs x.x}

However I think its more or less something thats either in the pipeline, or a "soft" possibility. But its not something thats up and running right now.

Archived