How do you make an ark mod?

DrocKing44

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 5:50 AM, DrocKing44 said:

Blender?

and I searched a lot for vids and found nothing any suggestions? 

Blender is just one example of a 3D modeling software. Blender is free whereas the ones alot of game devs use like Autodesk Maya or Autodesk 3DS Max cost like $300 a month for a subscription or like $6000 for a non subscription (at least they used to do it that way) and then a new version comes out a year later.

It takes a professional like a day to 3D Model and texture a character and if not it can take weeks for a noobie. The first 3D model I ever made looked like a blow up doll with burn victim skin -_- You need to make quite a few models for practice before anything remotely good will come of it. 

http://kollarandor.com/gallery/chinese-man-game-character/

That's an just an example I found for you off google of what the head looks like under the skin and you need to make one just as complex if not more so to make a mod like jack and jill choosing where to make the areas where more than 4 lines meet in places where it won't cause issues when the mouth opens for example and you build a character like this by making each of those squares one by one or by sculpting in another program (like ZBrush which is like $600) or by making a cube and then adding more rings to the square and pushing and puling lines to match a reference image.

Prices given are AUD so about 3/4 of that would be the USD price which is still alot.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived