Community Crunch 268: Stryder, TEK Bow, and More!

StudioWildcard

On 5/14/2021 at 9:05 PM, ChildishRandino said:

Horizon Zero Dawn vibes

As anyone can see, WildCard doesnt have any better ideas than copy and paste other awesome stuff from other games... I will totally not recommend u guys focus your love in Ark 2 just bc i think it gonna be another trashy game like Ark 1. Mark my words.

3 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

Devs, here's my pitch idea. A nuclear program in ark. Full on nuclear warfare with ICBM's and Nuclear Fusion. maybe nukes that bombard entire bases with biohazard material. When Ark 1 is on its last leg, that should be the way it goes out, the Nukes and Missiles update.   

That is a good one idea... for Fallout Series... not for Ark... any other idea that doesnt be a copy and a paste from other games??? 

2 hours ago, BlackScarlatta said:

That is a good one idea... for Fallout Series... not for Ark... any other idea that doesnt be a copy and a paste from other games??? 

nah its all good dude, it was just joke. if I was to give an actual suggestion, it would be support Ark 1 until every player either moves to ark 2 or quits. adding more dino's possibly (base game) or trying to improve it as much as possible.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GordoGoH said:

Devs, here's my pitch idea. A nuclear program in ark. Full on nuclear warfare with ICBM's and Nuclear Fusion. maybe nukes that bombard entire bases with biohazard material. When Ark 1 is on its last leg, that should be the way it goes out, the Nukes and Missiles update.   

ARK: Russia

• Like 1

Do you reckon the Stryder is a neutral or aggressive tame? I reckon it would attack but its a federation created machine so I don't think it would attack random survivors. What I think is that its like the calico, they don't harm you unless you get in their way or try to tame them. They have their own motives and don't want small insignificant survivors to stop them from completing their motives (resource collection, Gen Ship defense, keeping peace by killing outliers). Now reading that last line sounds a bit f*cked. When you tame/hack a Stryder, it takes them away from doing the chores that they were programmed to complete and uphold, maybe even using them to do the opposite by disturbing the peace and sanctity of the Colony Ship.

You forgot to wipe the Beginner servers.  

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/community-crunch-247-turkey-trial-xbox-free-weekend-and-more-r1676/

"... undergone some changes and will wipe every 8 weeks ... Below are the subsequent planned wipes based on the 8-week wipe schedule:

January 26
March 23
May 18
July 13
September 7
Nov 2
Dec 28"

If you are planning to remove the wipe you should at least announce it.  None of us know if we should move our pets or not.  Will the next wipe also be disregarded?

7 hours ago, Sithtrooper said:

Are you going to add a new aquatic creature to Genesis 2?

probably not, and they don't really need to. Ark already has enough useful water creatures; soakers, travel, pack pule and damage. Ark needs more land (maybe air) balance, a counter to the tough dogs like gigas and manas, probably more pve helpers like the harvester stryder.