NaStar

25 minutes ago, NaStar said:

Hi everyone i am currently level 75 and having alot of trouble levelling up have decent spino/rex have completed good amount of caves(hunter,clever,skylord,lava)

So what should i do now?For xp its really tough

Take a broth of enlightenment, hit the swamp cave.....you will be over 90 in no time.

Solid suggestions so far, I don't know how advanced you are or if you're single player or what your situation is but when my friend recently joined our tribe this is what we did to level him from 1 to 100 in a matter of hours (PvE official just to say).

1. Got him on the back of a giga and kited wyverns at him to which he promptly chomped.

2. Took him deep sea diving with a tuso and killed 3 alpha tusos and an alpha mosa and a boatload of regular tusos

3. Gave him a broth and while the grinder was running we had him slaughter defenseless baby gigas and soak up their sweet, sweet XP.

Also we didn't do this for my buddy since we were on Rag but if you're on the island don't underestimate explorer notes, tracking them down can help quite a bit...plus fun skins and all that. Also toilets can give you an XP boost as well, though I'm not sure if you can craft one on the Island.

11 minutes ago, LordHotPockets said:

Solid suggestions so far, I don't know how advanced you are or if you're single player or what your situation is but when my friend recently joined our tribe this is what we did to level him from 1 to 100 in a matter of hours (PvE official just to say).

1. Got him on the back of a giga and kited wyverns at him to which he promptly chomped.

2. Took him deep sea diving with a tuso and killed 3 alpha tusos and an alpha mosa and a boatload of regular tusos

3. Gave him a broth and while the grinder was running we had him slaughter defenseless baby gigas and soak up their sweet, sweet XP.

Also we didn't do this for my buddy since we were on Rag but if you're on the island don't underestimate explorer notes, tracking them down can help quite a bit...plus fun skins and all that. Also toilets can give you an XP boost as well, though I'm not sure if you can craft one on the Island.

I personally got a guy from lvl 1 to 63 with the broth and swamp cave on PvE server. However he did die. XD 
But if you slammed a grinder, narco in a chem bench, chewed on some baby giga's, and after you hit a note or ten......the cap is lvl 105. :P

2 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

I personally got a guy from lvl 1 to 63 with the broth and swamp cave on PvE server. However he did die. XD 
But if you slammed a grinder, narco in a chem bench, chewed on some baby giga's, and after you hit a note or ten......the cap is lvl 105. :P

I can see that working pretty well, but if he doesn't have alot of gas masks or scubas stored up that might be an impediment because of those damn arthropleura. I don't doubt the dying part one bit that cave is freaking evil lol

He said he has a rex and spino, think he'd have a chance if he podded it up and took it to the strong cave? Levels in there are silly after all, just gotta watch out for purlovia. I remember people raising rexes in there back in the day so it should be doable if his dino levels are decent right? Tbh though since Rag and CI has that artifact I haven't set one foot in that god awful cave lol

Sleeping in the Tek Sleeping Pod is really good too for passive XP when you are offline. You seem to get more XP too during XP Events when sleeping in them too. I haven't played in 6 months and I went from 140 to 145 just sleeping in the Pod. You can unlock it from Rockwell Gamma and its super easy to do on foot. https://youtu.be/hlxNfimsBa0

If you have extinction take a good doed through the city smashing lamps and benches, this will get you a pile of element dust which you get a engram to turn into shard, there is also one for turning it into slab which I usually get but it's the shard craft that gives you xp, slab crafts cook the element faster but zero xp. Doing a element craft during an event and drinking broths and hitting a toilet, whilst running a grinder and/or killing babyies, and/or crafting metal ladders, hats, stone inlet pipe, tranq arrows, long necks from a good bp, what have you. Get some achatinas and in between events collecting the paste every few hours, during the event crafts make metal base components. Get a chem bench and during the craft make ungodly amounts of spark powder then gun powder, then tranq darts and toss em in a vault so you'll never run out of ko power. Almost forgot, drink focal chilli during the mass craft too, this makes you craft things faster so that all your broth and toilet counts for that much more of the craft, sometimes I start crafting a thousand shards and maybe hit the toilet  and maybe just walk away from my pc... I've crafted so much shard at this point it doesn't even matter to me if I'm doing it efficiently anymore lol.

12 hours ago, LordHotPockets said:

I can see that working pretty well, but if he doesn't have alot of gas masks or scubas stored up that might be an impediment because of those damn arthropleura. I don't doubt the dying part one bit that cave is freaking evil lol

He said he has a rex and spino, think he'd have a chance if he podded it up and took it to the strong cave? Levels in there are silly after all, just gotta watch out for purlovia. I remember people raising rexes in there back in the day so it should be doable if his dino levels are decent right? Tbh though since Rag and CI has that artifact I haven't set one foot in that god awful cave lol

Yeah, I actually don't like hitting the swamp cave unless I also have 100 health brews too. I could have 20 gas masks, but if I ain't got the brew, Im on eggshells. That way when the centipede shows his ugly face, I take off the mask, lick bug butt, slam a couple health brews and once he is done, put the mask back on like nothing happened.

The problem with the cave of the strong is that you gotta fight some tough critters one or two at a time. Its grindy. Ontop of that, its nearly impossible to run with just a rex or spino.....you would literally be cryopodding and unpodding over and over again, meaning in certain areas you would be without a tame. If he had a high level yuty, they will fit, but again you will not be killing hundreds of bugs quickly, but just a dozen or so critters here and there as you go through it.
Honestly the cave of the strong is going to be worse in my opinion honestly.

21 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Yeah, I actually don't like hitting the swamp cave unless I also have 100 health brews too. I could have 20 gas masks, but if I ain't got the brew, Im on eggshells. That way when the centipede shows his ugly face, I take off the mask, lick bug butt, slam a couple health brews and once he is done, put the mask back on like nothing happened.

The problem with the cave of the strong is that you gotta fight some tough critters one or two at a time. Its grindy. Ontop of that, its nearly impossible to run with just a rex or spino.....you would literally be cryopodding and unpodding over and over again, meaning in certain areas you would be without a tame. If he had a high level yuty, they will fit, but again you will not be killing hundreds of bugs quickly, but just a dozen or so critters here and there as you go through it.
Honestly the cave of the strong is going to be worse in my opinion honestly.

i dont know bbut i have done the strong cave on an arthropleura noone does notice me but why are the creatures level 500+ im on mid difficulty.

36 minutes ago, NaStar said:

Thanks everyone but how to get black pearls

Black pearl gacha is easier to tame than element dust gacha, but fairly rare so you'll wanna go in with a ton of owl pellets. But once you get one you'll only need to milk it a few times and you'll never want for black pearl again. And in the process of taming one you'll probably get several other types, a favorite of mine is the organic poly... wonder if anyone has got one that can do all 3 resources (poly + dust + bp would be all the gacha you'd ever need)

On 5/16/2021 at 12:05 AM, NaStar said:

Thanks everyone but how to get black pearls

Thats probably the hardest resource in all of the island to get. Only fast way of getting a few hundred of them, take a full imprint/leveled up basil WITH a good saddle, into the hard water cave......be prepared for the hardest brawl you will ever encounter.....alpha megladons, alpha tuso, alpha mosa, jellyfish, electric eel.......

If you need me to do a video showcaseing a run, I need to start getting pearls myself, but my current basil is still too low on melee for my liking. Might have to take my monster mosa to help back me up...

On 5/16/2021 at 12:07 AM, NaStar said:

i dont know bbut i have done the strong cave on an arthropleura noone does notice me but why are the creatures level 500+ im on mid difficulty.

The caves are allways hardest. Period. Even on 0.2 difficulty, you will still see the cave creatures over 200-300 The sad part is, they typically can't be tamed.....Could you imagine my disapointment when I managed to knock out a lvl 420 mosa and there was no taming bar. :( 

9 hours ago, wizard03 said:

The caves are allways hardest. Period. Even on 0.2 difficulty, you will still see the cave creatures over 200-300 The sad part is, they typically can't be tamed.....Could you imagine my disapointment when I managed to knock out a lvl 420 mosa and there was no taming bar. :(

I agree. My opinion the caves are more difficult than the boss fights. I died umpteeen million times in the top left cave on scorched earth (damn golums) ... And when I finally summoned Alpha Manticore - it was easy in comparison!

On 5/17/2021 at 10:22 AM, DirkInSA said:

I agree. My opinion the caves are more difficult than the boss fights. I died umpteeen million times in the top left cave on scorched earth (damn golums) ... And when I finally summoned Alpha Manticore - it was easy in comparison!

sorta yes, sorta no....Online, yeah. All the stuff you kill can come back to life while your still in the cave. With that said tho, there technically is no timer in a cave. If you absolutely had to, you could kill literally one enemy at a time.
As for the rock golums......just add high explosive. Rocket launchers, c4, ect. ect.

Archived