Ark double instance.

demoralizis13

Hello there.

As ark servers have problems with stability and i play solo, i am wondering if this is legal to play on 2 ark accounts on one PC. I am often affraid about ark transfers, as i dont know if i will make it back home to take care of my other tames if server i transfered into get crashed. Would be nice if i can have emergency character in my tribe to feel secured.

Also have anyone tried to run one ark isntance through steam, and another one through epic games?

Happy weekend all.

58 minutes ago, demoralizis13 said:

Hello there.

As ark servers have problems with stability and i play solo, i am wondering if this is legal to play on 2 ark accounts on one PC. I am often affraid about ark transfers, as i dont know if i will make it back home to take care of my other tames if server i transfered into get crashed. Would be nice if i can have emergency character in my tribe to feel secured.

Also have anyone tried to run one ark isntance through steam, and another one through epic games?

Happy weekend all.

Hello there demoralizis13,

Ark is cross-platform but you can not play the same ark account through steam and epic games you would need a separate account. 

# support invincibleqc

50 minutes ago, Darklord234851 said:

Hello there demoralizis13,

Ark is cross-platform but you can not play the same ark account through steam and epic games you would need a separate account. 

# support invincibleqc

Thank you for your answer. 

However it still didnt answer my essential question :D

I am playing currently on steam.

So if i purchase ark on epic games as well, on other account, would i be able to turn on 2 instances of the game on one computer machine?

You would be able. But Ark is very resources demanding.

Currently possible in few ways - Microsoft virtuak machine, inboxie,  Nvidia Geforce Now and double space on ssd for steam and epic and for windows ... so on 500 gb are possible difficulties.

But you must have monster pc - procesor power, ram and graphics cards.

But why if you are playing solo, cheating is enabled on solo.

2 minutes ago, Noa said:

You would be able. But Ark is very resources demanding.

Currently possible in few ways - Microsoft virtuak machine, inboxie,  Nvidia Geforce Now and double space on ssd for steam and epic and for windows ... so on 500 gb are possible difficulties.

But you must have monster pc - procesor power, ram and graphics cards.

But why if you are playing solo, cheating is enabled on solo.

Thanks for answer.

My PC is not a monster, but so far was able to play every desired game on highest settings without drops, so shall be fine. 

And i meant i am playing solo, not single player. (without other people in tribe) :D 

And thats why i need second account. So if i travel to another server, and this server crash, i can have another character on my main server to take care for example on raising dino babies. Otherwise my main character will be stuck on crashed server, while on my main server babies will be starving. It may be very annoying :P

8 hours ago, Noa said:

Two ark on standard  PC  with one graphics card  lol, you will look at slow clanging slides like on dia.

But you can survive if another client you put on lowest and use it only  to accept other avatar in tribe.

Then to play with only one client at time and your needs will be fulfilled.

The change willl be very quick because having to ark accounts on your pc at the same time would cause a lot of lag.

Less lag would happen if you were in the same server.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 hours ago, demoralizis13 said:

Thanks for answer.

My PC is not a monster, but so far was able to play every desired game on highest settings without drops, so shall be fine. 

And i meant i am playing solo, not single player. (without other people in tribe) :D 

And thats why i need second account. So if i travel to another server, and this server crash, i can have another character on my main server to take care for example on raising dino babies. Otherwise my main character will be stuck on crashed server, while on my main server babies will be starving. It may be very annoying :P

If this happens, your character will be automatically restored. However, you will be kicked out of your tribe. So, all you really need is an inactive admin that you can contact and get an invite back in case this happens. Ask one of your friend you trust that do not play on your server, or PM me and I can fill that spot if you are comfortable with that. Something else that could add security, is for you to get multiple characters in your tribe and store them on different servers. That way, if you lose your main, or get kicked out, you can always transfer another to reset timer until you get assistance from a GM. Or, buy a second copy. However, you should buy it on Steam and launch it through a VM. That way, you can share your installation instead of duplicating the files on your disk. Up to you.

Running two instances at the same time would be a pain, but owning a second account that you can log into whenever your main character can't travel back is perfectly fine. I have my main character with steam, and got a copy of ark for my two boy's epic accounts when it was free - both have characters that stay at my main base. They all can login from the same computer, just not at the same time. You can also have your second account be a specialized crafter, for getting the most out of blueprints. 

Oh, I suppose you do need both accounts logged in at the same time once, in order to have the alt account join your tribe. I have a second computer which I did that from; worst case if you can't get two instances of Ark running on your computer for that brief bit, you can install Ark on a friend or relatives computer to do the tribe join. 

Archived