Having problems with dino not laying eggs

Domica

Still new and catching the ropes using forum and YouTube. :)

Am currently in start of using kibble for taming dinos, have set up a nice stego and anky colony and tamed 1 male to 3-4 females for eggs. Dinos are set to wander and all have visible mate bonus but in 3 days have only gotten eggs from mating, ufertilized eggs only twice (and have 8 dinos) while being in game majority of time.

I saw that I could tame an Oviraptor but the number of eggs seems a bit too much for taming while does not eat other food.

I saw that the eggs could be hatched every 17 minutes with mate bonus (oviraptor to 11 minutes) and also beneficial if the player is around.

Any advice?

You dont have to set them to wander..
Actually it is best to not set them to wander, but just line them up. Female, female, male, female, female etc.
Indeed they only lay eggs when they are "rendered" in. But that is actually not the real factor for them to lay eggs.
You have to be closer to them than the common "render" distance. More something like lowest render-distance in graphics menu.

I do not know if this is an exploit, but you can somewhat "cheat" a little bit and go out of "render distance",
then go back and get the egg-farm back in render and the initial counter for them to lay eggs resets, and there will be a "new" check
on the "lay egg" timer and they can lay an egg again, even when the timer didnt reset yet. Im not sure this is the case, but my base is
pretty big and when i start to do things in my base and move in and out the "render distance" I can collect a lot of eggs from my egg farm,
a lot of times 2 eggs from the same dino, when only +-20 minutes have passed. 

Beeing an exploit or not, its going to happen anyway when I move around in my base, so I cant stop it from happening anyway...

Investing your eggs to an oviraptor is a ABC, do it asap. Your oviraptor doesnt have to be highlevel, lvl 1 is just fine.
Put them in a cage, or overload them, put them to wander and they will do what they have to do.
The Oviraptors eggboost will give affected dinos a egg-icon above their names.

8 Dinos is not a big egg-farm to rely on, get a few low lvl tames to join it.

Archived