Any suggestions for mid game?

NaStar

Hi everybody Im level 73 and play in mid difficulty have a base.I have a level 140 doedicrus pretty good weight could carry 4k stones in 1 trip and have a level 160 anky and use my level 190 argy to get 3k metal i also have mammoth,spino,rex,direwolf,direbear,saber, all are pretty good level i  wanted to tame a quetzal and im grinding for xp i also use my rex for getting xp since i live near the arctic  any more tames i should do? And what should i do next explore ocean?,caves?Breeding?

I have done the hunter cave middle cave and lava cave

My base is at lat:41.2  lon:16.9

Thanks  have  a nice day!

I remember wanting a quetzal when I was new to the game, but when I finally got one it was a huge disappointment. Sure they have a ton of weight but they are just too slow for me to stand to use. While they do have more weight than an argy, they don't have all those 50% weight reductions like the argy does such as 50% reduction to metal weight so calculating in those 50% weight reductions the argy has about the same weight capacity as a quetzal would but the argy is faster so I would not use a quetzal. 

If you want to harvest metal more efficiently then get two high lvl anky's (I usually go for wild lvl 140 or higher), put all points into weight for one of them and all points into melee damage for the other, preferably the melee anky should have a higher base melee stat than the weight anky. Put the melee anky in a cryopod and carry the weight anky around with your argy. Uncryo the melee anky to harvest the rocks and transfer the metal from the melee anky to your weight anky and keep it in there.

If you want more to do then you can explore the deep sea, I recommend using a high lvl ichthyosaurus(dolphin) for exploring and a scuba set, the dolphin is also great for taming underwater creatures because you can fire a crossbow while riding it and it can outrun pretty much everything except an alpha mosa. Megalodons(sharks) aren't really worth taming as they're pretty bad and somewhat slow. If you want a good water tame then go for a plesiosaur or a mosasaur, both are fast, both have high weight, and both have high damage. There's also your water pen if you want to build one to keep your water dinos in, make it out of at least stone do not use wood although if you want a really good pen make it out of metal as alpha megalodons can damage stone. If you can't get scuba gear then you can either use lazarus chowder or ride on a diplocaulus, the diplo uses up it's own oxygen instead of yours when you're riding it and they have high oxygen.

As for breeding you don't need to breed every kind of dino you have especially not the dinos you use as kibble production, just breed the useful ones such as the anky, argy, doed, and rex. For xp you can go around the map killing alphas with your rex though I would suggest staying away from the alpha rexes unless you have a very powerful rex of your own, I had a rex that was a lvl 150 wild tame and it could barely defeat a lvl 40 alpha rex though if your rex is high lvl you shouldn't have a problem killing alpha raptors or alpha carnos no matter what lvl they are.

1 hour ago, Laveyan said:

I remember wanting a quetzal when I was new to the game, but when I finally got one it was a huge disappointment. Sure they have a ton of weight but they are just too slow for me to stand to use. While they do have more weight than an argy, they don't have all those 50% weight reductions like the argy does such as 50% reduction to metal weight so calculating in those 50% weight reductions the argy has about the same weight capacity as a quetzal would but the argy is faster so I would not use a quetzal. 

If you want to harvest metal more efficiently then get two high lvl anky's (I usually go for wild lvl 140 or higher), put all points into weight for one of them and all points into melee damage for the other, preferably the melee anky should have a higher base melee stat than the weight anky. Put the melee anky in a cryopod and carry the weight anky around with your argy. Uncryo the melee anky to harvest the rocks and transfer the metal from the melee anky to your weight anky and keep it in there.

If you want more to do then you can explore the deep sea, I recommend using a high lvl ichthyosaurus(dolphin) for exploring and a scuba set, the dolphin is also great for taming underwater creatures because you can fire a crossbow while riding it and it can outrun pretty much everything except an alpha mosa. Megalodons(sharks) aren't really worth taming as they're pretty bad and somewhat slow. If you want a good water tame then go for a plesiosaur or a mosasaur, both are fast, both have high weight, and both have high damage. There's also your water pen if you want to build one to keep your water dinos in, make it out of at least stone do not use wood although if you want a really good pen make it out of metal as alpha megalodons can damage stone. If you can't get scuba gear then you can either use lazarus chowder or ride on a diplocaulus, the diplo uses up it's own oxygen instead of yours when you're riding it and they have high oxygen.

As for breeding you don't need to breed every kind of dino you have especially not the dinos you use as kibble production, just breed the useful ones such as the anky, argy, doed, and rex. For xp you can go around the map killing alphas with your rex though I would suggest staying away from the alpha rexes unless you have a very powerful rex of your own, I had a rex that was a lvl 150 wild tame and it could barely defeat a lvl 40 alpha rex though if your rex is high lvl you shouldn't have a problem killing alpha raptors or alpha carnos no matter what lvl they are.

i was going to reply to this topic but then you just said everything that i even thought about saying.

You fail to mention if you are pvp or pve, if pvp then quetzal is a good sky base... i agree with the other guy they are kinda a let down once you have good end game argy. Didn't see giga on you i have list, that is a good option in pvp and pve. They have phenomenal base melee damage and can melt your enemys stone base like butter. Pve highly breed gigas kill titanosaurs, dodo rex, etc. and of course are my goto for meat running to fill the troughs and raise more baby gigas.

18 hours ago, NaStar said:

Hi everybody Im level 73 and play in mid difficulty have a base.I have a level 140 doedicrus pretty good weight could carry 4k stones in 1 trip and have a level 160 anky and use my level 190 argy to get 3k metal i also have mammoth,spino,rex,direwolf,direbear,saber, all are pretty good level i  wanted to tame a quetzal and im grinding for xp i also use my rex for getting xp since i live near the arctic  any more tames i should do? And what should i do next explore ocean?,caves?Breeding? I have done the hunter cave middle cave and lava cave My base is at lat:41.2  lon:16.9 Thanks  have  a nice day!

Looks like you having a good run, bout time to hit the ocean. However you could also smash a few more caves, prep for some boss fights by getting more high level rexes and breeding them, or trying to go for some of the more unique tames such as a yuty, thylacoleo {tree kitty}, or maybe some tek guys. And last but not least, the quetz....If you have one in mind, here is a vid on the topic: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1010676837?t=1h9m17s

As for my opinions, get your feet wet.....you will probably die, but its still early game, your not going to loose much. ;)

19 hours ago, Laveyan said:

Thanks for explaining in brief sadly im on ark mobile so i cant take dinos for boss fights i have an op dire bear i forgot to mention with 900kg weight 3k health 1k damage and is level 226 this thing can shread through alphas For my next step i will tame itchy and i also wanted basilosaur cuz of its resistance to those cindarias and oil generator and is fairly easy to tame.I have ascendant chitin and want to do the skylord cave next.I have access to kibble fairly easily so i wanna ask which are better spinos in group or rexs to breed and fight with a wild giga.

Regarding your cave question, the baryonyx has higher survivability as it's tougher than a direwolf, especially since the direwolf can't wear a saddle which means no armor for it, although if you want chitin out of those caves you should use a sabertooth or a direwolf as they can get you a lot of chitin, the baryonyx can't. As for spinos or rexes, I would go for the rexes as they do higher damage than a spino and have more health. A spino can outdamage a rex if it has it's "hydrated" buff which is when the spino is in water.

Thanks everyone i have a high level rex 190 good for mid difficluty and 200 lvl argy and 160 anky so i am currently working on getting an ictcy and metal and i am doing caves then i will get in the ocean thanks everyone!And i wanna ask which is better for caves dire wolf or baryonyx and i am on pve.

A strong level direwolf is a decent cave mount, but honestly a bary is probably better due to the pirahna in most of the water caves......With that said, I STRONGLY urge you to get a thylacoleo. Most of the caves have vertical drops and the thylo's fall reduction damage and ability to climb said vertical drops is perhaps the most overpowered ability for any cave runner. 

Either tame you go with, go with the one you know. If you know what they are capable of, when to back off, go easy, or charge in, go with that tame first. If you try to use a tame your not familiar with, it could get you into trouble.

Ok the thylas are those who are the most annoying creature in redwoods if you are flying ok i will tame one and go to the hollow cave and will try to breed rexes.

Thanks for your precious time!

Not a prob man....Fly on the outside of the redwoods and keep your eye's peeled. They will cling to the side of the trees and most of them will have an orange or grey fur coverings. Makeing them nearly invisible unless you know what your looking for.

As a word of caution, bring extra narcotics or a berry gather. They wake up quicker than you can hand gather narco berries and you will need to keep them out for them to starve out a bit Also, do not tame them with raw meat. They actually like cooked meat! 😮  Kibble and mutton is best, prime second, but cook it first!

4 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Not a prob man....Fly on the outside of the redwoods and keep your eye's peeled. They will cling to the side of the trees and most of them will have an orange or grey fur coverings. Makeing them nearly invisible unless you know what your looking for.

As a word of caution, bring extra narcotics or a berry gather. They wake up quicker than you can hand gather narco berries and you will need to keep them out for them to starve out a bit Also, do not tame them with raw meat. They actually like cooked meat! 😮  Kibble and mutton is best, prime second, but cook it first!

Ok i actually tamed a level 130 which is now 190 and is amazing and powerful i will now go to the carno island and level her up and use her for caves How to archive the tropic?

2 hours ago, NaStar said:

Ok i actually tamed a level 130 which is now 190 and is amazing and powerful i will now go to the carno island and level her up and use her for caves How to archive the tropic?

Sweet tame man, best I usually get is 90. If you was to go so far to try and breed them, they make an imprint run really shine.

21 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Sweet tame man, best I usually get is 90. If you was to go so far to try and breed them, they make an imprint run really shine.

How to get mutton btw lol i can't find anythin to drop mutton and i am really trying for xp currently im lvl 75 im also not able to get xp.and i was rlly lucky for the thyla i was just going home sadly then i saw the last thyla and he was 130!.

3 hours ago, NaStar said:

How to get mutton btw lol i can't find anythin to drop mutton and i am really trying for xp currently im lvl 75 im also not able to get xp.and i was rlly lucky for the thyla i was just going home sadly then i saw the last thyla and he was 130!.

You got to find an ovis. AKA the little sheep.....they are really hard to find as they look exactly like the female deer, but are hyper murdered anytime they pop into existance by nearby predator's. I can sometimes spot them in the snow biome while flying around on my argy however I have also seen them from time to time in the redwoods by the swamp cave. They are the only creature in the whole game to provide mutton. Good news is, you can breed them, so once you got a boy n girl, you can just use them to breed another anytime you want to make more and get more mutton on demand. Also, when you get to SE, the chainsaw turns it into a hide farm as well.

As for XP......swamp cave.......get a frog

Archived