Using only yutyrannus for boss runs.

KuriAvonA

56 minutes ago, KuriAvonA said:

I was doing a run earlier and this thought came to me, can one use a yutyrannus army against all the island bosses. So what is the best place to find high level both on island and other maps, the stats they should have and tips on raising.

Unless you're on a private server configured with extra-high level dinos I don't think it's possible. Yuty's don't have enough HP+Melee to be able to take down all of the bosses on Alpha.

Now, it might be possible with 10 of them being ridden by players because ridden dinos do a lot more damage and they could guarantee that the whole army is constantly buffed, but doing it solo or with a small tribe I seriously doubt that this would work with yuty's.

5 hours ago, KuriAvonA said:

I was doing a run earlier and this thought came to me, can one use a yutyrannus army against all the island bosses. So what is the best place to find high level both on island and other maps, the stats they should have and tips on raising. Sincerely have a good day.

Yuty boss run.....hmmm, not a "bad" idea, a bit different, but hey. Its possible.

So the yuty's are much like rex's. Power and health is comparable, however the yuty has a bit of a drawback from its attack animation is rather slow. A rex just leans forewords, bites, and stands back up. The yuty reaches back, lunges foreword, bites, then resets itself before it starts the attack animation all over again. Due to this, a rex is best because it has a much quicker animation. Also, a fight with the alpha dragon might be rather dangerous as they cannot eat veggie cake to heal with. The alpha dragon will indeed be your hardest boss to deal with and will probably be the end game. With that said, the yuty is still comparable and they are often used in the cave of the brute to man handle all the polar bears and yeti's where nothing but something rex like would be enough to deal with it.

Because of this, Id strongly suggest looking for something over level 100, breed them to get the imprint bonus, level them up to 25k health and 500 melee before hitting gamma broodmother, adjusting their stats from there {If they take too much damage, level up health. If it takes too long, level up melee}, and get a pig with 50k food stat to go with them. Also I would only have 1 yuty set to give the auto courage, this way everyone else can focus on the work at hand.

On 5/10/2021 at 4:34 AM, wizard03 said:

Yuty boss run.....hmmm, not a "bad" idea, a bit different, but hey. Its possible.

So the yuty's are much like rex's. Power and health is comparable, however the yuty has a bit of a drawback from its attack animation is rather slow. A rex just leans forewords, bites, and stands back up. The yuty reaches back, lunges foreword, bites, then resets itself before it starts the attack animation all over again. Due to this, a rex is best because it has a much quicker animation. Also, a fight with the alpha dragon might be rather dangerous as they cannot eat veggie cake to heal with. The alpha dragon will indeed be your hardest boss to deal with and will probably be the end game. With that said, the yuty is still comparable and they are often used in the cave of the brute to man handle all the polar bears and yeti's where nothing but something rex like would be enough to deal with it.

Because of this, Id strongly suggest looking for something over level 100, breed them to get the imprint bonus, level them up to 25k health and 500 melee before hitting gamma broodmother, adjusting their stats from there {If they take too much damage, level up health. If it takes too long, level up melee}, and get a pig with 50k food stat to go with them. Also I would only have 1 yuty set to give the auto courage, this way everyone else can focus on the work at hand.

Well did the fights and the result is, actually a decent plan.

Important stats: Health: 40,000-52,000

stamina:1200-2100

Damage: about 600 or above per bite without the buff from the other yutyrannus.

Weight:1250 or above.

Actually viable for all the bosses and actually is best against the monkey then the spider by slight margin then the dragon but to be honest very one of the fights was stupid easy.

overseer could be a issue if not managed well, but it is for me ridiculous on how easy gamma and beta was, alpha is stressful but can be done easily.

Best place to find is up Northeast on Crystal isles and val, snow région on rag is the worst place to go to get them, island and Center is not great but doable

also in the tek cave use your fear roar to scare creatures to the lava

On 5/11/2021 at 9:15 PM, KuriAvonA said:

Well did the fights and the result is, actually a decent plan.

Important stats: Health: 40,000-52,000

stamina:1200-2100

Damage: about 600 or above per bite without the buff from the other yutyrannus.

Weight:1250 or above.

Actually viable for all the bosses and actually is best against the monkey then the spider by slight margin then the dragon but to be honest very one of the fights was stupid easy.

overseer could be a issue if not managed well, but it is for me ridiculous on how easy gamma and beta was, alpha is stressful but can be done easily.

Best place to find is up Northeast on Crystal isles and val, snow région on rag is the worst place to go to get them, island and Center is not great but doable

also in the tek cave use your fear roar to scare creatures to the lava

So what settings you play on? Offical, SP? How many riders? 

I like the yuty so if its viable i might try this out 🤔

And only Hp and melee is the important ones if they are unridden. So hopefully the stam and weight stats are base one or else just waisted points.

I imagen you are on SP?
Because Yutys roar during battle, unless ridden.
Reduces their damage output greatly, am I right?
Rexes and Yutys are comparable, only yuty has lower base damage, and slower attack, but with them roaring all the time...
Having those stats on Rexes, on official I doubt it will be all just a walk in the park. So with Yutys??
Whats the yuty saddles quality?

6 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

I imagen you are on SP?
Because Yutys roar during battle, unless ridden.
Reduces their damage output greatly, am I right?
Rexes and Yutys are comparable, only yuty has lower base damage, and slower attack, but with them roaring all the time...
Having those stats on Rexes, on official I doubt it will be all just a walk in the park. So with Yutys??
Whats the yuty saddles quality?

yuties don't roar in battle unless you turn on their auto courage.

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

yuties don't roar in battle unless you turn on their auto courage.

Are you calling me a liar?

Edit: I actually checked and it might have something to do with an auto-check of the yuty, to see if they can "fear" the target. If they can, they roar. if they cant, they dont...
Whistled neutral, agressive and attack this target, fighting Brontos; No roar.
Alpha Carno, and some smaller targets, they definitly roared, on official.
Couldnt find the auto-courage option in online-Official. Its still a SP only setting.
Whistling "attack this target" might prevent the Yutys from roaring alltogether in a boss fight, if you whistle target the boss...

11 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Edit: I actually checked and it might have something to do with an auto-check of the yuty, to see if they can "fear" the target. If they can, they roar. if they cant, they dont...
Couldnt find the auto-courage option in online-Official. Its still a SP only setting.
Whistling "attack this target" might prevent the Yutys from roaring alltogether in a boss fight, if you whistle target the boss...

They only fear creatures if ridden, and most creatures can and will be feared, auto courage roar is something I do not recommend as you can do it on the mutated yutyrannus which you are riding all the time.

12 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

I am pretty sure that it is not but check in the radial menu, but as I Saïd it is useless.

1 hour ago, KuriAvonA said:

They only fear creatures if ridden, and most creatures can and will be feared, auto courage roar is something I do not recommend as you can do it on the mutated yutyrannus which you are riding all the time.

They do fear creatures with their roar even if not ridden...
Thats the whole purpose of the Yuty...
But I wasnt talking about the effect, I was talking about the fact that they roar in combat, and it reduces their damage output greatly...

2 hours ago, KuriAvonA said:

I am pretty sure that it is not but check in the radial menu, but as I Saïd it is useless.

I need to keep trust in my own knowledge, and tell you that I probably know it better than you, since you are the one starting questions on the Yuty...
So you dont need to tell me to try things out...

Edit: Thought about it, maybe it isnt a SP-Online thing, but rather a PvP - PvE difference.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:23 PM, SunsetErosion said:

Interesting.....ok, my bad on that as on official legacy it was an option, but its been a couple years now. On solo, it is an option...That would be a bit of an issue if they decided to start screaming at things. 

13 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Edit: Thought about it, maybe it isnt a SP-Online thing, but rather a PvP - PvE difference.

My current run is technically a pvp with SP check box checked. Not sure if this helps tho

22 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

They do fear creatures with their roar even if not ridden...
Thats the whole purpose of the Yuty...
But I wasnt talking about the effect, I was talking about the fact that they roar in combat, and it reduces their damage output greatly...

What are you saying,

1. Tamed yutyrannus cannot fear roar unless ridden or wild.

2. Normal use of the yutyrannus is two-fold which are:

A.the fear roar to fear wild and enemy creatures.

B.To Courage roar allied creatures.

3. What roar are you referring to as the fear roar does not affect allied creatures in any way or you are referring to the courage roar which boosts only allied creatures.

4. I think you genuinely think I would put the auto-courage for all the yutyrannus, which is false because the yutyrannus I am riding during the fights is the one I am buffing the other yutyrannus.

11 hours ago, wizard03 said:

thats what I was saying.....unless you are on them, or turn on their roar, they will not roar.

Idk how but, in my game, online official pve, when NOT ridden, they roar AND their roar is a the fear-roar, and the roar affects wild dinos...
There is in my gameplay NO option for toggling Auto-Courage. In singleplayer, I was always able to select that option, so I checked it in SP and indeed the option was there, with single-player option turned OFF, and with both PvE setting on and off...
So I checked old patch-notes and indeed the patch 264.0 states that there is a SP option added for the Yutu to enable auto-courage.

1. Tamed yutyrannus cannot fear roar unless ridden or wild.

No, im stating the opposite :)
To me its strange that when in pve, pvp/SP has LESS options. PvE has always been limited on dino-abilities/tool-abilities. So I find it strange that if you play PvP, or SP, you wouldnt have those functions available...

A.the fear roar to fear wild and enemy creatures.

The tamed-yuty roar when not ridden on official PvE, its the fear-roar and it affects wild dinos, there are no enemy dinos on PvE.
Not sure if the fear roar is the roar that will ally wild carnos, or thats the courage roar.
Wild yutys roar the fear-roar and it affects wild dinos and tamed dinos. (obvious)

B.To Courage roar allied creatures.

This can only be done when riding a tamed Yuty, there is no option for auto-courage on official PvE, actually all gameplay-modes other than SP, or modded servers.

4. I think you genuinely think I would put the auto-courage for all the yutyrannus, which is false because the yutyrannus I am riding during the fights is the one I am buffing the other yutyrannus.

No, actually not. I think you are with me on that and have the fact that tamed Yutys, when not ridden also roar the fear roar, but you say it doesnt affect wild dinos, but on my gameplay (PvE) it absolutely affects wild dinos, I doubt that on your gameplay it doesnt. Could be, but then Im not sure what gameplay you are on.
I was trying to tell Wizard he could be wrong on the fact that tamed Yutys do not roar at all. But Im not sure if he actually believes that, his first post stated it, but he could have realized that they actually do. Well, at least on SP on PvP, and NO singleplayer-mode on, and on Official PvE.

Man, these Yutys! Why are they so complicated? :D

On 5/17/2021 at 11:42 AM, SunsetErosion said:

Idk how but, in my game, online official pve, when NOT ridden, they roar AND their roar is a the fear-roar, and the roar affects wild dinos...
There is in my gameplay NO option for toggling Auto-Courage. In singleplayer, I was always able to select that option, so I checked it in SP and indeed the option was there, with single-player option turned OFF, and with both PvE setting on and off...
So I checked old patch-notes and indeed the patch 264.0 states that there is a SP option added for the Yutu to enable auto-courage.

Interesting....all this time I swore I saw the option on to turn it on and off in my run on an official legacy PvE server...I wonder why its not available?

Archived