25+ featherlights = dino wipe, 168 industrial forges = ?

GrumpyBear

2 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Idk what this is???
My calc brings me to 420k metal ignots for that. Not impossible to farm at all, but that smells like duping...
Duping on PVE...

That setup,  before they install the next floor,  like it appears they are doing , will cook 7.5million ingots at a time...

this is a script farming setup on steroids.

19 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

lol, PVE needs an actual adversary. The "environment" ain't cutting it.

Im not sure what you are saying. But Ive said before, that indeed the Ark's wildlife isnt in anyway interesting anymore. Taming gives you practically nothing anymore, and none threats comming from it. Well, unless you want to go for colors, but most colours are in the game anyway. All wildlife is, is meat, from dodos to Gigas, everything is just meat... 

When you build something like in that picture, and are actually planning on building a next floor..
You either need to just move on to another game, or you are into Ark for "other purposes"

All I do is fly around on my Pelo, doing some OSD's clone a bit of this and that for fun to sell to newbies and help others do Bosses etc...
Plenty of fun for me, if I get to the point of not knowing what to do, I might start over ...

Maybe they should ad a "purge hour"
Every week, one random hour will the sky turn red, the wild animals eyes will glow red as if they are possesed, turning corrupt, going on a rampage...
And its PVP time :)

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

But Ive said before, that indeed the Ark's wildlife isnt in anyway interesting anymore

That's what I'm saying. Once you tame a rex in PVE the game is basically over. It's just a farm sim at that point.

I'm no pro PVP guy. I've played both side for years.

7 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's what I'm saying. Once you tame a rex in PVE the game is basically over. It's just a farm sim at that point.

Yes, the survival aspect of the game is pretty much over with a Rex.
Not the game though, a lot of things yet to do. (Overseer, OSD's, getting a skiff, catching up with the "Big tribes")

Ive played hardcore mode, when I started playing Ark. It was a pretty isolated cluster, so I had to do everything myself, solo.
Breeding theris capable of going agains Alpha Dragon etc.
For new people its not really doable to do everything in the game solo at this point, and maybe even with a big tribe. If you do it all from scratch.
It took me maybe 2 years to finally give Alpha Dragon a shot, normal-mode it would have probably been faster...
So you have to tend to the community, and ones you do that. All wildlife has to offer is meat and hide...
Getting good stats on taming is hard, maybe too random, getting decent mutations is extremely time consuming...

For me, the build-up was the most fun by far.  I know different people have different experiences, especially in PvP: but for me, PvP was about constant grind leading to constant loss from offline raiding.  I never once got raided while online.  I stopped PvP because I wanted to build and live in a base instead of slumming it in a rat-hole.  PvE was fun while it was dangerous, but as soon as the base is built and I get a rex/giga/wyvern, it becomes more like maintenance and baby-sitting with no danger.  The genesis alpha missions provided a nice challenge for a bit, since boss runs require a lot of prep-work and are less frequent.

I am searching for a server where it is possible to have a base in PvP, even if solo, and be able to hang in with the people that play 18 hours a day.  Maybe something where there is no tech beyond the middle-ages, OP creatures made untamable and some solid ORP.  I would imagine that combat in a live base siege would be a lot more fun and challenging than C4ing your way into a sleeping player's base and shank them in their beds.

2 hours ago, Fresiki said:

What does this have to do with featherlights and seed decay timer? Don't be so meta, say what you're saying! 

It’s simple really ,  WC keeps a list of “easy to tame” dinos.  If someone reports you for having too many feather lights out in your base a gm can come and Dino wipe you for it.   

by removing seeds from the gacha meta,  the script farmers are switching to ingots to feed their gacha while afk using scripts.  

it’s my contention that having 168 industrial forges producing 7,500,000 ingots at a time  is more taxing on the server than having 26 feather lights out for breeding.

for some context, before the game was officially released , there was a certain setup of structures where if you packed enough of them together in a small area and turned on an electrical generator to power them all - u could crash the whole server to force a rollback and begin duping things that way.  

This sort of setup has the potential to increase instability on the server,  without even drawing attention to the fact the builders completely blocked the pathway and you are no longer able to walk a Dino through there.  It’s not just a lag farm,  it’s smack dab in the middle of a key pathway.

5 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's what I'm saying. Once you tame a rex in PVE the game is basically over. It's just a farm sim at that point. I'm no pro PVP guy. I've played both side for years.

Can't argue. Typically its when I do the argy, its just farming at that point.
Need meat? Argy, Poly? argy, gonna tame something. argy

Hell, I get the right ones, breed em right, and slap some notes with the final product, Id argue I could take down alpha rex without issues.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

It’s simple really ,  WC keeps a list of “easy to tame” dinos.  If someone reports you for having too many feather lights out in your base a gm can come and Dino wipe you for it.

That rule is in place because tames are globally limited; structures aren't.

17 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I'm no pro PVP guy. I've played both side for years.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. Sure you have a point, but I also wanna add that I think once you reach a certain point, the PvE adversary just switches.

It's a survival game until it becomes a mangement game. I still find that Genesis missions and bosses are quite the challenge, even with good Rexes. You no longer randomly die to Dilos outside your base, so in some ways the gameplay changes, but at that point you're supposed to seek out the greater challenges. Now, you could enjoy that turn of events or you could not enjoy it, but the game isn't over once you get a Rex. The early game where you die all the time might be over.

For me personally, that's when I started designing bases for ease of use. I spent the next period of my Ark career designing various solutions for quickly offloading/transferring loads of resources, and started hoarding. Finding the best places for resources, stocking up hundreds of thousands of all of them so I could craft all my epic ascendant blueprints. Where in the early game, you have to be on your toes to not die all the time, which is engaging in the sense that you're never safe - in the mid game, you have to similarly be on point. It's not skittering around, watching the shadows, aiming quickly, thinking quickly in the same sense, but you can still turn yourself "on" when it comes to resource management. Simply put, you can be really quick at harvesting and crafting raw materials into resources and putting them into storage... Or you could be really slow at it. I actually found some enjoyment in trying to improve my farming game. YMMW. Then I crafted all my blueprints and still had enough resources for years left over in my base, so I started stacking mutations on dinos. Been doing that for a year, while looking for new tames or doing other content like dungeons/bosses on occasion. Me and another guy have a breeding "alliance" where we breed like four dinos each. I do health and weight, he does stam and damage, then we exchange at the end. So soon will have 20 health/stam/weight/damage rexes, lightning wyverns, deinonuchus and therizinos. We're also both mutating gigas.I have 4500 hours and still have the king titan on extinction + 50% of genesis part 1 left to complete, then genesis 2.

So there's an early game, where alpha creatures, dilos and Ichtyornis make your life miserable. Then there's a mid game, where the gameplay changes drastically to building yourself up with resources, weapons, armor, dino mutations, MEKs, etc., essentially turning the game into farming simulator. Then there's an end-game where you actually defeat the hardest stuff. I think the design works. The mid and late game would be very annoying if you also died all the time like in the early game. But the game play feel is really different, so I get why a lot of people stay in the early game forever, and then just restart when they reach too far.

On 5/9/2021 at 7:36 PM, invincibleqc said:

That rule is in place because tames are globally limited; structures aren't.

and yet, you all could just add gachas to that easy to tame list and make having 20 pairs of them out a wipeable offense as well.  Save everyone's machines all the extra rendering that stupid animal has brought about.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

and yet, you all could just add gachas to that easy to tame list and make having 20 pairs of them out a wipeable offense as well.  Save everyone's machines all the extra rendering that stupid animal has brought about.

I have nothing to do with enforcement. I was only saying that a capped server affects everyone, while someone having hundreds of forges don't. Hence why they have rules for tames, not for structures. Whether Gachas should also be limited is another discussion altogether.

7 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I have nothing to do with enforcement. I was only saying that a capped server affects everyone, while someone having hundreds of forges don't. Hence why they have rules for tames, not for structures. Whether Gachas should also be limited is another discussion altogether.

people dual boxing and creating a structure to harvest ingots through scripting, to then feed gachas and harvest dust through scripting in another structure is tied together.  If all of us players escalate to this point , there would be no more room on any server for actual players, it would just be bots and any new players would just walk away.

Also, there are bases on plenty of servers that are so detailed that simply looking in their general direction can cause any player to have a frozen screen for a minute or 2 until their computers allow them to look away and regain control over their pc's .   I had to leave extinction441 because someone in the city built a base just like that and I was tired of getting trapped after accidentally getting too close to it and looking towards it.  To say that oversized structures and pathway blocking doesn't effect everyone who plays just seems like they haven't been playing on official pve servers that much.

and GMs have even deleted parts of some peoples bases before simply because they were crashing the server and the only resolution was to break part of the offending players base to resolve the problem.  Structures can definitely have a material effect on gameplay of others.

I guess the most honest answer to all this is that 1 person buying 3 licenses is how we are going to keep the lights on since attracting new players is more difficult at this point. and this is just what we will be living w/ for some time.

-I didn't necessarily mean you mods, just WC in general as you are a representative of sorts.  

On 5/10/2021 at 2:34 PM, Fresiki said:

but at that point you're supposed to seek out the greater challenges.

I dont really like your profile picture, it freaks me out :)

But I do like that comment. Yes, Ark is a survival game, and you work your way around fighting the dangers, when thats done, you seek out dangers to gain profit.
But when all thats done, you appearantly cant find another game to play and start doing management on trying to get as rich as possible. What will be completely useless. Unless you are bored for life without Ark, or... make RLM with it. When new maps get released. At first you gotta start new and fresh on those anyway.

I said in a post before that I hate the fact that the "old" maps are regarded as "finalized" They shouldnt be so static, I dont like that. The story progresses but nothing happens to the "old" Arks.

Though now I think of it maybe that will actually give reason to behave like that, building hundreds of Forges. But who knows.

Archived