Dire-bears against all the island bosses

KuriAvonA

I just wanted to know the stats I would need to fight against all four bosses of the island (Broodmother, Dragon, Megapithicius and overseer.) using dire-bears*, which is the best place to find them on the island and the free unofficial maps, great place to find saddles and what creatures can carry them.

*Just use primitive saddles in the equation because obviously I will be using ascendant saddles but just for the sake of consistency use primitive saddles for the equation.

Bears spawn in and around the Redwoods on Island. Though Island has a lower average spawn level. Its harder to find a high level bear on Island.
Best to find tames on Valguero or Ragnarok.
On Ragnarok their spawn locations are not limited to only the Redwoods.

Your bears will need around 25k HP and damage around 700, or more to beat up to Beta Broodmother, Beta Megapithicus. Gamma Dragon might be possible if you can play it well. All these battles are going to be close call even with a full team I would say. Definitely bring a Yuty, but I feel like you want a all-bear team...

For Alpha Broodmother, Alpha Megapithicus, Beta Dragon, you are going to need stats atleast like 30k HP, 1000 melee. Well, dragon Beta is different, you might need something like 20k HP and 2k melee... Dragon is badass. Alpha Dragon: at least 25k HP and 5k melee...

Overseer...
Nope...
You will need to go through the first part, fighting every encounter with your bears.
Then get past a Giga...
Overseer battle itself you will meet Dragon again...

This is all a guess though, I have never tried...

Actually that is depending on the circumstances because you can bait the creatures to lava which is what I did for the giga at the entrance of the overseer portal for my first time and fear the rest on my yuti.

Overseer think 50k health and 5-6k damage is enough for gamma and beta.

I will test this using spawned in bears as a reference.

Are you testing on Singleplayer? Do keep in mind that there is a "single player setting" you will have to turn off..
Im not doubting you are aware of this, but it is really pretty hard to get those stats on a Direbear if you do it with official settings. Or having to breed in so many mutations just by yourself seems like a extremely time consuming job...

Edit: Misunderstood your question, but yes obviously I turn it off.

Original answer:For my single-player, I keep the single-player setting on because that’s what make it single-player. The other is just a non-dedicated session with no-one else.

but I do play on a unofficial cluster where i do have a line that is very close to that.

A direbear only run, thats crazy AF.......If highly argue that 20k health and 5k melee would be enough for anything except the dragon, thats when things will start to fall apart.
I would strongly urge you to consider a yuty and a deadon tho......Yuty will make all your bears more powerfull and would allow you to substitute two for the yuty and the piggy.
The piggy however is an absolute must. in order to buy them enough time to take down the bosses you going to need time, and the only way of doing that is to heal them as they fight......Get a deadon, level his food stat up to 50k, and investigate to see if the bears can do the veggie cakes or not. If they can, you should be ok, if not.......

Id like to see the video. :P

11 hours ago, wizard03 said:

A direbear only run, thats crazy AF.......If highly argue that 20k health and 5k melee would be enough for anything except the dragon, thats when things will start to fall apart.
I would strongly urge you to consider a yuty and a deadon tho......Yuty will make all your bears more powerfull and would allow you to substitute two for the yuty and the piggy.
The piggy however is an absolute must. in order to buy them enough time to take down the bosses you going to need time, and the only way of doing that is to heal them as they fight......Get a deadon, level his food stat up to 50k, and investigate to see if the bears can do the veggie cakes or not. If they can, you should be ok, if not.......

Id like to see the video. :P

It is not a only dire-bears, a yuti and daeodon were included, veggie cakes were not tested. Gamma was easy speezy, beta was somewhat difficult but doable with 25k health and 2-3k damage, alpha is difficult but doable and so stats need to be buffed to 50k and 5-6k damage.

Archived