I want to tame a giga by staying on top of a massive cliff will this work?

Badatark420

8 minutes ago, Domica said:

Tnx :) Will prepare and try taming. Need to use behemoth gateways?

you can keep them in place with metal normal dino gates just has to be on level ground so they won't step over them.

Behemoth  Gates is the safest way though. and fly above them with griffin and knock them from your griffin. Watch your stamina.

If you don't have a Griffin just leave the Behemoth Gates spaced out form each other just a bit to shoot threw.

Bring more then one LongNeck Rifle too best ya got.

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Iv had a 120 pop up before. o.o

:) Ive been playing Ark Crystal a month and must say saw Giga only once (my survivor too low level to even try approaching). :)

I now have it on my list as was raided once with 1 giga (lv 60) which almost wiped managarmr (300+ lv) and 3 wyverns (250+ levels) so seems like a great dino to have on your side. :)

So, I did exactly this for my first giga tame. There's a waterfall in the far north and middle of the Snow biome on the island (you can see it from the coast, just south of a large ruin on the rivers west coast). Got the Giga to chase me over it, then scooted back around top and shot down on it, with a crossbow no less. It took ages, but it eventually went down and next thing you know, I had to wait 40 something levels to ride it.

On 5/8/2021 at 5:10 AM, Domica said:

:) Ive been playing Ark Crystal a month and must say saw Giga only once (my survivor too low level to even try approaching). :)

I now have it on my list as was raided once with 1 giga (lv 60) which almost wiped managarmr (300+ lv) and 3 wyverns (250+ levels) so seems like a great dino to have on your side. :)

they are pretty much the peak of the crown for online and especially pvp, however on pve, or offline, they are extremely questionable....they lose an insane amount of health, their melee goes into the dumps, you got to breed them to get anything of real value back, and in the end, its a monster than can turn on you if things get rough. There is better alternatives when you consider all the stuff that goes into getting a proper giga going. First the trap, then the darts or arrows, then the constant monitoring and narcos, finally breeding and all that. And thats before you can consider it to be "good enough" because if it isn't, it will kill you after a bad decision.
The worst part, at the end....You are really limited on actually using them for anything more than taking down whichever map your on.....if it will let you transfer to that map.....No boss fights, no ascension run {or at least I think so}, in the end its nothing more than a trophy dino. I came, I saw, I conquered. Nothing else.

I myself am a rex 200 lv+ fan. :) With 2 rexes mana or wyvern players choose to avoid direct conflict. Yes, more vulnerable from air and low stamina but damage excellent. 3 better , while with 4+ seems to give diversity. Only for a boss fight (learned this weekend) you also need some smaller back/underneath dino protectors. In general I try to tame at least 2 carnotaurus and 3 allos for the full pack.

Thanks for the tip, Giga will be a plan but for later on. :)

Archived