ARK IS STAGNANT

jag0341

On 5/15/2021 at 3:42 PM, roughshodmedal5 said:

I think you should be able to transfer your lvl 145 character from pvp to pve this is one issue I have with pve.

No game does that (or at least not any that I know of), for a good reason. In every game it's so much easier to level up in PvE, if a game allowed that transfer then everyone would level up in PvE and only play PvP once they were max level.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:42 PM, roughshodmedal5 said:

I think you should be able to transfer your lvl 145 character from pvp to pve this is one issue I have with pve.

Yes I agree with that. It wouldnt give you any kind of advantage, if its a one-way transfer, because any kind of advantage is non-existant on pve really... If its not a one-way transfer it will completely destroy PvP, any Alpha tribe on PvP will be a Zero tribe, unless they decide to also tranfer in and out...
But I think it has to do with servers clustered, PvP servers arent "clustered" with PvE servers, so they dont share the same database.
Though in the far past of Ark, When it was still in pre-release. somewhere in late 2016. I somehow remember I was always able to transfer my character out of a hardcore pve server, onto a normal pve server. But it was a oneway transfer. Though hardcore-mode is a server setting and has for that little to do with PvE or clustering. The hardcore PvE servers where on the same cluster as normal PvE serves, but it was only a one way transfer, when comming from Hardcore-mode PvE servers. I dont know if my memory is false, maybe some other old players know the answer.

14 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

if its a one-way transfer, because any kind of advantage is non-existant on pve really...

The advantage of PvE is very existent. It's a lot easier to maintain the kind of base you need to complete all of those boss fights in PvE. Leveling in PvP always take more time, in pretty much every game.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

The advantage of PvE is very existent. It's a lot easier to maintain the kind of base you need to complete all of those boss fights in PvE. Leveling in PvP always take more time, in pretty much every game.

Thats not how I am trying to say it. In PvE, there are no real advantages towards other players...
I hope you are not one of those people that only read what they want to read...

10 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

I found out people left to play Res Evil.  Wish Wildcard Marketing would aim at English speaking.  No bigot I just want other players to talk to.  So on topic PvE isn't a competition it's a gamer chat room.  That's okay.  If you have someone to talk to.  But there is nobody game is lonely.

Just finished Village on hardcore today. Outstanding game. Way better than RE7. Definitely want to do another play through before gen 2 next week.

On 5/5/2021 at 12:59 PM, jag0341 said:

1.) Make turrets more powerful. (ie. if you want to soak my turrets (full of ammo), be prepared to lose great dinos per turret or have a lot of tasty cakes) (at least 100k hit points per turret) A problem that breeding introduced. You never had this issue back in the day when you could have 10000 turret walls you just had massive lag.

2.) Fix your bugs. (ie. meshing, dupping, esp, rubber banning, aim botting; all exploits) This is only fixable by traceable accounts. No game including blizzard/activision has solved duping issues. The difference is the duped items can be tracked deleted and those involved banned. The only way to fix this issue is a pro-active solution.

3.) There should never be a pocket dev playing for any tribe or at anytimes. Ark needs to hold your employees accountable. I doubt there is pocket dev's this is just something people say because they are getting wrecked. I have been against a tribe that supposed had a pocket dev then with a tribe who supposed had a pocket dev protecting us. If there was a pocket dev why does every group get accused of having one? It is simple people know when admins are on and when they are not so you can get away with hours of cheating and even more if you pre-flood the enforcement system with issues about aim botters in which every single tribe seems to have some.

4.) Cave building should never be excluded. Cave's were made in the game so players can utilize them in the first place. In addition, take away any penalty for living in a cave. (ie. x6 damage) Or design the game to where living in a cave is not needed; ie. powerful turrets. Uploading ruined caves. The ability to farm on other servers and have a maximum protected area where minimal creatures can access makes them to strong. This is why you never see people build outside anymore because there is enough caves for everyone to live in.

5.) Crafting issues; can't craft items. (ie. a simple pick will not show up to craft at times, even though I have learned the ingram) Personally never had this issue but i am sure this is a bug that could be fixed fairly simple.

6.) Turret limit; should be unlimited or make turrets more powerful as mentioned above. If you think the lag is bad now the lag you got when you were getting shot by 1000 turrets was 500x worse than what people experience today.

7.) Game should be 2x for gathering , 2x for taming, 2x for breeding for all servers at all times. The game already is on like 4x everything...probably even higher than that. The event that they have makes it like 8x i think it is the original rates. I feel like you picked up the game last year and left your game open for 8k hours after this statement.

8.) FOR PRIMITIVE PLUS - Takes way too long to load the game. This should be deleted it is a dead mode. I would wager those playing on primitive + would not even care if it was removed

9.) Consider making a cluster server(s) with no tek, with the exception of cryo pods (i'm not talking about primitive plus). The most powerful dino for land should be a giga, a wyvern for fliers. There is. Time capsule servers. The thing is they do not have wyverns and stuff because it is the island only. I also think there is no giga.

image.png.244fce0bd4cc3908c47453df3c3dc9c5.png

10.) Sometimes when your fighting airborne; my flier gets hung up on the neck of a powerful dino and ends up getting killed. Yea clipping issues suck but i would say 

11.) It should take more c4 to get through a wall. (ie. 20 c4's to get through a wall or 5 times the amount to make one c4) This is an issue caused by rates. If rates were low it would take longer to farm and the amount of C4 needed would mean something but due to the ever increasing rate of resource collecting the only thing putting down 20 C4 will do will bring back the grind in which that was the idea of upping the rates in the first place was to remove this.

12.) Cloning dino's should not even exist. Cloning dino's is no worse than breeding 100 of the same creature losing 20 in a war then breeding another 100

13.) Buying dino's or equipment from the black market should never occur and needs to be punishable and monitor more closely. Impossible to monitor, Sorry to say but that is the reality. Developers could make assumptions but w/o taking people to court there is no real way to monitor it.

14.) Global chat should be more lenient. (ie. be more realistic... I heard players have gotten banned for calling people's mother's names. However, if its a deadly threat they get banned) You heard wrong people lying to you because there is no repercussion for lying to people on the internet unless they get caught out. 

15.) Speed should be increased for basic rafts; at least 25 % increase in speed. Normal rafts are an early game feature they should stay the speed they are because if you increase their speed then you got to increase motor boats and all of a sudden you end up with boats that are to fast.

16.)  You should never be able to block obelisk, or drops or spawn points with structures or dino's on turret mode. I thought they stopped people from blocking them, Also can you not do everything you can do from an obi in a world drop now days?

17.) Take away the use of INI. files from being altered. (ie. able to see through trees, bushes, and unlimited visibility in the water) You can not take this away, Not because i think people should be doing it but even if the files get packed and encrypted people will find work arounds

18.) Take away the use of GAMMA but don't make the night so dark to where you can't see six inches in front of you. (Why even have torches?...make it realistic).  One of the biggest reasons people loved the center map so much was due to how bright it was at night...There mite as well not even been night time on the original center map

Last but not least if you want all this stuff done make your own server and change all these features yourself and govern it yourself that is the best part about Ark. If no one plays your server it is because it is not a server people would want to play on.

Example: I was going to make a 1.x old early access island only server using the time capsule map but after looking in to it and talking to people no one wants that old style anymore, They enjoy the new style. If your way of playing is not what the majority like P-servers are designed for exactly that.

23 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Thats not how I am trying to say it. In PvE, there are no real advantages towards other players...

That may be true but it completely misses the point.

Leveling up in PvE and then transferring over to PvP is an advantage over everyone who leveled up in PvP because it's easier and faster. Again, no games do this so it should be obvious to you that there's a reason for it and ARK's not going to do it either.

23 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

I hope you are not one of those people that only read what they want to read...

Passive-aggressive much?

18 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

That may be true but it completely misses the point.

Leveling up in PvE and then transferring over to PvP is an advantage over everyone who leveled up in PvP because it's easier and faster. Again, no games do this so it should be obvious to you that there's a reason for it and ARK's not going to do it either.

No, you are COMPLETELY missing the point. The OP on these replies states that he wants to quit PvP:

The whole reason I stopped playing pvp was to get away from all the dupping and doss issues you have on servers.

If you actually read what the CONTENT of posts is, rather than giving an opinion on another subject, you would realize that:

Yes, it is completely obvious that being able to transfer in AND out to PvE, from PvP, it will destroy the whole PvP gameplay. It would be somewhat like PvE, where you can "Start" a war, only when you feel like it. But He and myself are talking about a one-way transfer only. Going from PvP to PvE, to start a new "life".
It wouldnt hurt anyone really if the player from PvP has been doing stuff before, to give him/her advantage over other players, because any advantage on PvE, wouldnt hurt other players. Well, other than the fact they can build a base faster than starting completely fresh and maybe chose to not buy from community, so the other players "might" miss out on getting stuff by selling things...

27 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Passive-aggressive much?

Unfortunatly, yes.
Im sorry, but I just dont like those kind of "posts" Im sure you are a fine person. So I limit it to those posts only. But just read. Correct me if Im wrong...

12 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Unfortunatly, yes.

Im sorry, but I just dont like those kind of "posts" Im sure you are a fine person. So I limit it to those posts only. But just read. Correct me if Im wrong...

I'm not a fine person, I'm a terrible human being and you should hate me with every fiber of your soul. On the other hand I know how to use sarcastic quotes properly.

How can a game with endless playability be stagnant lol, so you have !!

1. Found all explorer notes

2. Completed all bosses on Alpha and have reached MAX level

3. You have a 100% Trophy collection

4. You have bases on all servers to swap back and forth so not to play the same map day in day out

5. You have complete the Island Ice cave and survived

6. You have killed the Ice Worm Queens and done the Maze solo on Rag

I have played since day ONE and not done all this yet, like all AAA some simple things could be near impossible to fix and major things could be easy I don't know I'm not a Dev but I am sure they just do things with the intention to piss the playerbase off this would not be good for the sequel.

Ark Devs have made so many changes already to make the QOL better for players but look at the scale of the game, they also have Ark2 in the works and Genesis2 so expecting them to have a full team on Ark is not going to happen.

Tbh I'm happy they are still working on the game at all no matter what they do even if its small things now and then, they could just do what GTA did and say sorry all changes going forward will  be for next Gen consoles and PC??

And finally the game is only stagnant because you let it be I never get bored and always never have time to get everything done so don't know what you do on your Ark Days 

On 5/19/2021 at 3:25 AM, St1ckyBandit said:

Just finished Village on hardcore today. Outstanding game. Way better than RE7. Definitely want to do another play through before gen 2 next week.

Look what you did!!

Who says the devs aren't considerate of the player base, loads of time for your play through now 😛

2 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Look what you did!!

Who says the devs aren't considerate of the player base, loads of time for your play through now 😛

Yeah I haven't touched RE since. Been banging my head against a wall with randoms in Apex.

I suppose one should never give WC a sliver of a reason to delay, as they will always take you up on it.

Sorry guys I'll keep my dumb mouth shut next time.

Archived