ARK IS STAGNANT

jag0341

I been a gamer for over 40 years; an OG gamer (over 8k hours of Ark). I will make this simple and straight to the point for the Ark developers. Dev's need to worry less about banning or reinventing Ark (ie. conquest, classic, etc)  and focus on the big picture for Ark. You all have had enough years to fix some basic bugs in your game. Just recently I installed Ark again to see if any of the basic issues were resolved. And no, unfortunately they weren't. For example, I picked up my tribe member with a flyer and all of a sudden they got teleported back where I originally grab them seconds ago.  Also your killing your own game with so much high power dino's and tech weapons. The game is totally uneven. Instead of coming out with add-ons or new maps, just go back to the essence of the game and correct the simple issues. There is so much more I want to say but I don't want to be that guy. Anyhow, here are a few suggestions or concerns to at least consider. I UNDERSTAND YOUR LIMITATION FOR SOME CHANGES BASED ON THE ENGINE THE GAME WAS DEVELOPED ON.

1.) Make turrets more powerful. (ie. if you want to soak my turrets (full of ammo), be prepared to lose great dinos per turret or have a lot of tasty cakes) (at least 100k hit points per turret)

2.) Fix your bugs. (ie. meshing, dupping, esp, rubber banning, aim botting; all exploits)

3.) There should never be a pocket dev playing for any tribe or at anytimes. Ark needs to hold your employees accountable.

4.) Cave building should never be excluded. Cave's were made in the game so players can utilize them in the first place. In addition, take away any penalty for living in a cave. (ie. x6 damage) Or design the game to where living in a cave is not needed; ie. powerful turrets.

5.) Crafting issues; can't craft items. (ie. a simple pick will not show up to craft at times, even though I have learned the ingram)

6.) Turret limit; should be unlimited or make turrets more powerful as mentioned above.

7.) Game should be 2x for gathering , 2x for taming, 2x for breeding for all servers at all times.

8.) FOR PRIMITIVE PLUS - Takes way too long to load the game.

9.) Consider making a cluster server(s) with no tek, with the exception of cryo pods (i'm not talking about primitive plus). The most powerful dino for land should be a giga, a wyvern for fliers. 

10.) Sometimes when your fighting airborne; my flier gets hung up on the neck of a powerful dino and ends up getting killed. 

11.) It should take more c4 to get through a wall. (ie. 20 c4's to get through a wall or 5 times the amount to make one c4)

12.) Cloning dino's should not even exist.

13.) Buying dino's or equipment from the black market should never occur and needs to be punishable and monitor more closely.

14.) Global chat should be more lenient. (ie. be more realistic... I heard players have gotten banned for calling people's mother's names. However, if its a deadly threat they get banned) 

15.) Speed should be increased for basic rafts; atleast 25 % increase in speed.

16.)  You should never be able to block obelisk, or drops or spawn points with structures or dino's on turret mode.

17.) Take away the use of INI. files from being altered. (ie. able to see through trees, bushes, and unlimited visibility in the water)

18.) Take away the use of GAMMA but don't make the night so dark to where you can't see six inches in front of you. (Why even have torches?...make it realistic)

29 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

To me it's stagnant for the exact opposite reason, lack of new content. CI breathed new life into the game but its been way too long without a new map.

If gen 2 wasn't a thing I probably would have moved on already as all I really do now is sign in to keep my base running. 

Agreed, though I do log in to do a little of this or that. Once  week I drop in refresh my bases on the secondary maps. But last week I decided to go back to the island and hunted down a server stable enough to make the effort. It was entertaining enough just to find a place to build a crafting base. Figure I'll do a couple of boss runs, then give away the element before moving on.

Gen 2 is what I'm waiting for.

• Volunteer Moderator

It's not surprising a game becomes stagnant after 6 years. I also feel it is not always the game's fault, but people in general lose interest in gaming over the years, whether they admit it to themselves or not. Both of those combined result in loss of interest.

Gen 2 will help with that, but likely a short term thing for some people.

Ark 2 is where it's really at!!!!!

15 hours ago, jag0341 said:

I been a gamer for over 40 years; an OG gamer (over 8k hours of Ark). I will make this simple and straight to the point for the Ark developers. Dev's need to worry less about banning or reinventing Ark (ie. conquest, classic, etc)  and focus on the big picture for Ark. You all have had enough years to fix some basic bugs in your game. Just recently I installed Ark again to see if any of the basic issues were resolved. And no, unfortunately they weren't. For example, I picked up my tribe member with a flyer and all of a sudden they got teleported back where I originally grab them seconds ago.  Also your killing your own game with so much high power dino's and tech weapons. The game is totally uneven. Instead of coming out with add-ons or new maps, just go back to the essence of the game and correct the simple issues. There is so much more I want to say but I don't want to be that guy. Anyhow, here are a few suggestions or concerns to at least consider. I UNDERSTAND YOUR LIMITATION FOR SOME CHANGES BASED ON THE ENGINE THE GAME WAS DEVELOPED ON.

1.) Make turrets more powerful. (ie. if you want to soak my turrets (full of ammo), be prepared to lose great dinos per turret or have a lot of tasty cakes) (at least 100k hit points per turret) No need to if they adress breeding and 100k racers and other related abominatons.

2.) Fix your bugs. (ie. meshing, dupping, esp, rubber banning, aim botting; all exploits) Couldn't agree more. However, all popular games are riddled with bugs, I mean it's one of the core principle of prgramming that creating something bug-free is impossible. Although I agree the meshing is still running rampant, the situation is much better than 2 years ago.

3.) There should never be a pocket dev playing for any tribe or at anytimes. Ark needs to hold your employees accountable. I've heard horror stories, but never witnessed one myself in Ark, so I can't comment.

4.) Cave building should never be excluded. Cave's were made in the game so players can utilize them in the first place. In addition, take away any penalty for living in a cave. (ie. x6 damage) Or design the game to where living in a cave is not needed; ie. powerful turrets. Penailities were created because some cave designs/layout would make them nearly un-raidable. Once again, powercreeping turrets to compound breeding & cave design is not a good solution. An approach I took for non-artifact caves within my map is to have a tradeoff. If you build there, the resources and creatures can't be obtained elsewhere.

5.) Crafting issues; can't craft items. (ie. a simple pick will not show up to craft at times, even though I have learned the ingram) A worst one is the reload glitch on crossbows and the longneck rifle.

6.) Turret limit; should be unlimited or make turrets more powerful as mentioned above. Turrets used to be unlimited and it created a lag mess on all servers. Returning to a previous state will not only worsen the already lagging servers, but further make loading your base more painful, as well as server backups every 15 mins. Just imagine the lag of 10-25k turrets doing their animations at once and shooting at the same target... yikes.

7.) Game should be 2x for gathering , 2x for taming, 2x for breeding for all servers at all times. Base rates are already x2. Honestly, I do miss the 2015 as the new rates tend to remove most satisfaction from working hard to reach a milestone. I dislike Ragnarok for that reason, spoiling players with an overabundance of resources combined with crazy gathering rates.

8.) FOR PRIMITIVE PLUS - Takes way too long to load the game. It's a TC (Total Conversion) which means the loading process overwrite a LOT of your core game files each time. There are no magical solution to that one.

9.) Consider making a cluster server(s) with no tek, with the exception of cryo pods (i'm not talking about primitive plus). The most powerful dino for land should be a giga, a wyvern for fliers. There used to be such servers, along with no-tame servers and they all failed horribly.

10.) Sometimes when your fighting airborne; my flier gets hung up on the neck of a powerful dino and ends up getting killed.  There are plenty of fliers issues and we could easily argue about them for days.

11.) It should take more c4 to get through a wall. (ie. 20 c4's to get through a wall or 5 times the amount to make one c4) Tek tier could easily be tweaked to be explosion-proof or having a significant reduction. Right now, they are nothing more than a more expensive/pretty metal tier.

12.) Cloning dino's should not even exist. If you don't like tek, don't use it. Teleporting is fine but not cloning?

13.) Buying dino's or equipment from the black market should never occur and needs to be punishable and monitor more closely. Similar to cheating, this is a rampant problem in a lot of games, WoW, EVE Online, etc. It's like trying to crush dandelions with your boots and expecting it not to grow back...

14.) Global chat should be more lenient. (ie. be more realistic... I heard players have gotten banned for calling people's mother's names. However, if its a deadly threat they get banned) This one is laughable at best. You can say just about anything in the general chat with 0 consequences, minus the racism part. Heck, I've personally reported idiots saying out loud they were cheating and nothing happened. GMs act on rock-solid evidence, such as videos of cheating or without-a-doubt screenshots of such.

16.)  You should never be able to block obelisk, or drops or spawn points with structures or dino's on turret mode. The fix is nothing more than a few click in the settings of StructurePreventionVolumes already around each obelisk.

17.) Take away the use of INI. files from being altered. (ie. able to see through trees, bushes, and unlimited visibility in the water) Several solutions were proposed before. The one I offered  was to force the players to automatically redownload/rewrite parts of their INI file each time they connect to an official server, if said file is altered from the official settings.

18.) Take away the use of GAMMA but don't make the night so dark to where you can't see six inches in front of you. (Why even have torches?...make it realistic) You can at times, see perfectly fine during the darkest night, especially if there is a full moon. Without the moon to reflect light or on a cloudy night, it's pitch black. Torches are not only used in-game for light, but as a small source of warmth. Those here who played on my map can confirm (wink).

Also, as mentionned by others, disabling the option from the game won't prevent players from manually changing gamma from their GPU driver instead, as we used to do when the command was disabled on official servers.

13 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Whenever a thread starts off with “I’ve been a gamer for X years and played Ark for X hours” there’s usually little reason to finish reading it. 

Maybe true, but just try to look through that and instead of that, look at the amount of posts this guy made, to know whether hes aware of what the community wants and is about, or he thinks hes above it and just trying to be a smartass because he doesnt like the game because its not made the way he wants it...

7 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

To me it's stagnant for the exact opposite reason, lack of new content. CI breathed new life into the game but its been way too long without a new map.

If gen 2 wasn't a thing I probably would have moved on already as all I really do now is sign in to keep my base running. 

Lack of new content is to me really bothering also. Yes I like Genesis and the new missions and all. That map, Its a game in a game, I think its a pretty strong dlc. (even though I rarely play on Genesis because I STILL get kicked every 30 minutes, goddamn).
I really do like, but most new content, its all not quite it. I indeed understand that players tend to lose interest in a game at a certain point. But not for me and a lot of other Ark players...
Again I really liked most added content. But it feels so cheaply made everytime. Some stuff is actually really good, but to me it always feel like they just dont really want to do better. A lot of times they just trow in unfinished patches and updates, and let the community react to it and then apply new factors to the new content and make it better. Ofcourse not a bad strategy, though the distance from Playerbase - Gamemakers to me is too unclear. Did my posts actually have effect?
In the end I feel like they did on some topics because I still play Ark after many years... But I think they should be able to do so much better...

But thats also the reason I hate the fact they are starting to work on Ark 2. I think Ark has a stable playerbase of die-hard players, and new players dont seem to stop comming. New content being a strong factor in that. But launching Ark 2 to me feels like launching WoW 2.
(Wow maybe really is getting too old, but not really its still highly popular)
Are developpers so limited to old game-engines or whatever? I can hardly believe that, its made in UE4 so DILO? Dont kill off this game, just keep adding new content and dont see Island, Scorched and other "old" maps as "finalized" maps. That to me is maybe one of the things I really hate most...

5 hours ago, Darkholis said:

3.) There should never be a pocket dev playing for any tribe or at anytimes. Ark needs to hold your employees accountable. I've heard horror stories, but never witnessed one myself in Ark, so I can't comment.

Yeah, I witnessed GM's messing things up on official, though first time is a long, long time ago. It was in early acces so no actual damage done... Everything done in early acces should be taken as "tests"...
2nd time I subtly told the GM he made a mistake, not going to give names, it was a somewhat small mistake. But it was a mistake made by his own behavoir (Apllied cheats), NOT choises he made or decission making.

4.) Cave building should never be excluded. Cave's were made in the game so players can utilize them in the first place. In addition, take away any penalty for living in a cave. (ie. x6 damage) Or design the game to where living in a cave is not needed; ie. powerful turrets. Penailities were created because some cave designs/layout would make them nearly un-raidable. Once again, powercreeping turrets to compound breeding & cave design is not a good solution. An approach I took for non-artifact caves within my map is to have a tradeoff. If you build there, the resources and creatures can't be obtained elsewhere.

He says he plays Ark for a long time, but there are indeed some caves you'd be so glad there are cave penalties.

5.) Crafting issues; can't craft items. (ie. a simple pick will not show up to craft at times, even though I have learned the ingram) A worst one is the reload glitch on crossbows and the longneck rifle.

Yes, fix it! Def the reloading thing :D Not too hard to fix it yourself though, dont be dumb just press the quickslot number twice...

6.) Turret limit; should be unlimited or make turrets more powerful as mentioned above. Turrets used to be unlimited and it created a lag mess on all servers. Returning to a previous state will not only worsen the already lagging servers, but further make loading your base more painful, as well as server backups every 15 mins. Just imagine the lag of 10-25k turrets doing their animations at once and shooting at the same target... yikes.

Making turrets more powerfull will not stop players from building more... Though the server lag on Clonemaps (EXT) is insane. (I play PVE, thousands of cloners and thousands of dinos EVERYWHERE !!!) I think they need to figure out a way to lower amounts of walls etc.
Make large-walls cheaper to construct or maybe even 4xwalls chance into large walls...

7.) Game should be 2x for gathering , 2x for taming, 2x for breeding for all servers at all times. Base rates are already x2. Honestly, I do miss the 2015 as the new rates tend to remove most satisfaction from working hard to reach a milestone. I dislike Ragnarok for that reason, spoiling players with an overabundance of resources combined with crazy gathering rates.

Again, do you even play this game?

8.) FOR PRIMITIVE PLUS - Takes way too long to load the game. It's a TC (Total Conversion) which means the loading process overwrite a LOT of your core game files each time. There are no magical solution to that one.

Loading maps is indeed taking really long. AND going back to main menu takes FOREVER! Quiting the game takes me maybe up to 5 minutes! Why?

9.) Consider making a cluster server(s) with no tek, with the exception of cryo pods (i'm not talking about primitive plus). The most powerful dino for land should be a giga, a wyvern for fliers. There used to be such servers, along with no-tame servers and they all failed horribly.

Again... Do you even play this game, there used to be special game play servers indeed, also extinction. Maybe there is a reason those arent there anymore, go find some unofficials... Also the most powerfull dino for land is by far a giga already?! MEK is not a dino those can be thougher...

12.) Cloning dino's should not even exist. If you don't like tek, don't use it. Teleporting is fine but not cloning?

Maybe in a way very true, but It gave the game a boost on many levels also. 

13.) Buying dino's or equipment from the black market should never occur and needs to be punishable and monitor more closely. Similar to cheating, this is a rampant problem in a lot of games, WoW, EVE Online, etc. It's like trying to crush dandelions with your boots and expecting it not to grow back...

Yes true, but its not possible to monitor all the trading, better to let that go. Though its a 3th party that is "hosting" these stuff most of the time. I hate it also in some degree because it also encourages duping and other forms of cheating, stealing (PVE).

14.) Global chat should be more lenient. (ie. be more realistic... I heard players have gotten banned for calling people's mother's names. However, if its a deadly threat they get banned) This one is laughable at best. You can say just about anything in the general chat with 0 consequences, minus the racism part. Heck, I've personally reported idiots saying out loud they were cheating and nothing happened. GMs act on rock-solid evidence, such as videos of cheating or without-a-doubt screenshots of such.

Only thing I hate about the chat is that its somewhat "hard" to talk in aliance or regions or whatever. Mostly confusing for "new players" And the missing language packs resulting in squares. Also a go-around for that: -culture=globaldodo.

...SIGN...

16.)  You should never be able to block obelisk, or drops or spawn points with structures or dino's on turret mode. The fix is nothing more than a few click in the settings of StructurePreventionVolumes already around each obelisk.

Contradicts with your opinion about caves...

18.) Take away the use of GAMMA but don't make the night so dark to where you can't see six inches in front of you. (Why even have torches?...make it realistic) You can at times, see perfectly fine during the darkest night, especially if there is a full moon. Without the moon to reflect light or on a cloudy night, it's pitch black. Torches are not only used in-game for light, but as a small source of warmth. Those here who played on my map can confirm (wink).

I think Ark is also called Survival Evolved, It might be officially a survival game... If you play official, I think it actually should be dark at some times... If it wouldnt stop gameplay for half an hour, I would actually remove the ability to adjust gamma, AND keep it really really dark at night. But gameplay shouldnt stop at night, during extreme fog or other bad weather... So if you would adjust it, make torches and other lightsourches a bit more powerfull actually to keep playing at night, and-or add better heat-searching-helmets or however you want to call them. Maybe make them adable to helmets, like wingsuits...

I guess those 8k hours weren't spent well. A good chunk of what you ask is not doable by wildcard they are just incompetent. Also as someone who's played since launch of ps4 ark I think most of what youre saying is completely unneeded. Take away cave damage and unilited turrets.... get outta here you know how aids it is to already raid a base with capped stuff. People cheese bases with Rex's and tappy tek saddles

7 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

@SunsetErosion You should have quoted the original post and not the one with my answers in it. Right now, I don't know if you are calling the OP dumb or me...

You are both dumb :) No im not really calling you dumb. They are towards OP, but some things have pretty easy go-arounds... Though they should get fixed indeed. Sorry if i offend you, not my intention. I want to edit the post anyway because there are some wrong texts at wrong location, its hard to read it.. But the site is so slow, i cant edit my own posts anymore because i get time-outs...

14 hours ago, jag0341 said:

1.) Make turrets more powerful. (ie. if you want to soak my turrets (full of ammo), be prepared to lose great dinos per turret or have a lot of tasty cakes) (at least 100k hit points per turret)

2.) Fix your bugs. (ie. meshing, dupping, esp, rubber banning, aim botting; all exploits)

3.) There should never be a pocket dev playing for any tribe or at anytimes. Ark needs to hold your employees accountable.

4.) Cave building should never be excluded. Cave's were made in the game so players can utilize them in the first place. In addition, take away any penalty for living in a cave. (ie. x6 damage) Or design the game to where living in a cave is not needed; ie. powerful turrets.

5.) Crafting issues; can't craft items. (ie. a simple pick will not show up to craft at times, even though I have learned the ingram)

6.) Turret limit; should be unlimited or make turrets more powerful as mentioned above.

7.) Game should be 2x for gathering , 2x for taming, 2x for breeding for all servers at all times.

8.) FOR PRIMITIVE PLUS - Takes way too long to load the game.

9.) Consider making a cluster server(s) with no tek, with the exception of cryo pods (i'm not talking about primitive plus). The most powerful dino for land should be a giga, a wyvern for fliers. 

10.) Sometimes when your fighting airborne; my flier gets hung up on the neck of a powerful dino and ends up getting killed. 

11.) It should take more c4 to get through a wall. (ie. 20 c4's to get through a wall or 5 times the amount to make one c4)

12.) Cloning dino's should not even exist.

13.) Buying dino's or equipment from the black market should never occur and needs to be punishable and monitor more closely.

14.) Global chat should be more lenient. (ie. be more realistic... I heard players have gotten banned for calling people's mother's names. However, if its a deadly threat they get banned) 

16.)  You should never be able to block obelisk, or drops or spawn points with structures or dino's on turret mode.

17.) Take away the use of INI. files from being altered. (ie. able to see through trees, bushes, and unlimited visibility in the water)

18.) Take away the use of GAMMA but don't make the night so dark to where you can't see six inches in front of you. (Why even have torches?...make it realistic)

You've made some good points, but there are also some misconceptions and bad logic here.

1) WildCard has made it clear many times over the years that they prefer offense to be stronger than defense. The last thing they want is for a tribe to be able to "turtle up" and create a base that's so expensive that it's not worth the cost of raiding. They explicitly want raiding to be profitable otherwise PvP would be stagnant with no one being willing to expend the time & resources to raid. They deliberately make offense more powerful than defense to create a PvP environment in which combat & raiding are a constant activity. Defense wins game in football, but not in ARK.

You have every right to disagree with that philosophy, I'm not trying to tell you what you should like or dislike, but if you do dislike it then you might as well play another game for your PvP. That's WildCard's approach to PvP and it's obviously not going to change.

2) Agreed, but it's pretty obvious that this ship sailed about 6 years ago. They have always prioritized bugs lower than new content. If you don't get that by now then you're never going to understand WildCard.

3) True, and pretty much everyone will agree with you, but that doesn't mean it's actually happening. An accusation like this doesn't belong in a long list of complaints, it's something that should be its own topic including evidence. I could just as easily say, "jag you should stop cheating", but just saying it doesn't make it true. Unless there's evidence of cheating then it's crappy to throw out an accusation like that.

4) No. It would be far to easy for a smart tribe to lock down caves so that no one else can ever use them. Caves are extra valuable locations and they should be extra hard to block off an deny access to other players.

6) No.

a) Unlimited turrets would cause unlimited server lag. There's no such thing as an infinitely powerful computer, there have to be limits on some things in the game and turrets are definitely on that list.

b) And, again, Offense has to be cost effective otherwise PvP servers would just become bogged down with big & invulnerable bases.

7) Here's a perfect case of "give them an inch and they want a mile". The game has been doubled twice since it was first released in Early Access, so the game you're playing now is effectively x4 all day, every day, 24x7. Now I'm not saying that another x2 (which would make it permanently x8) is necessarily bad, but I guarantee that if they doubled the game again then there would still be people (possibly including you) that want to double it yet again. But whatever the speed is, it's equal for everyone. If you think that another x2 would give you a better chance in PvP you're wrong, all of the people you're fighting against would also have another x2, you'd be in the exact same situation youre in now.

9) That's a decent suggestion, but it really should have it's own thread under the "Suggestions" forum, it doesn't belong in the middle of a diatribe about things you think are problems with the game.

10) Agreed, dinos glitching on to each other is something we all wish they would have fixed years ago (assuming that it's something that's even fixable with the engine the game uses.

11) Again, balance of power between Offense and Defense. WildCard wants offense to be more powerful, that's never going to change.

12) Disagree. I won't say that you're "wrong", per se, but unless you make a case for why you think this there's nothing to discuss. In the meanwhile it will simply suffice to say that lots of people disagree with you.

13) That would be nice, unfortunately I doubt they'll get any better about it as the game approaches end-of-life.

14) Nope. People need to learn how to control themselves, otherwise chat is ruled by the most obnoxious, anti-social jerks on the server. If people don't like the chat rules then they need to learn how to shut their mouths.

15) Again, that belongs in a separate thread under the "Suggestions" forum.

16) Not in PvE, but in PvP yes you definitely should be able to. At this point you're being silly and inconsistent - you want change the rules for caves so that people can easily block them from other players, but you don't want people to block obelisks or drops with turret-mode dinos. That's such a contradiction that it's basically nonsense. Even spawn points on a PvP server are legitimate candidates for turret dinos.

17) That would be cool, assuming they can also prevent any method of doing those things so that no one can do it. But if there's any method (including external programs) then we'd be depending on WildCard to do a better job of doing cheat enforcement and banning and, well, we know how good they are at that. Preventing cheating is always a good idea, and this would certainly make PvP more fun for people who are not in mega-tribes, but how effectively would they be able to prevent all methods of doing these same things?

18) That would definitely be an improvement for PvE game play, but for PvP it would just give an advantage to people who have better technical skills. If gamma didn't work in the game then people with better computer skills would just use the utilities that are include with their video cards to do the same thing. There's absolutely no way that WC can prevent players from manipulating their gamma, and WC understand that, so instead WC decided to make it a feature that's equally accessible to all players regardless of their technical skills. Allowing everyone to change their gamma using the in-game feature levels the playing field.

7 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

You are both dumb :) No im not really calling you dumb. Just some things have pretty easy go-arounds... Though they should get fixed indeed. Sorry if i offend you, not my intention. I want to edit the post anyway because there are some wrong texts at wrong location, its hard to read it.. But the site is so slow, i cant edit my own posts anymore because i get time-outs...

No worries. For a good second, I was like... eh, my answers to the stuff posted by the OP are mostly backed up by facts (with a touch of personnal opinion) and yeah the forums can be finicky at times.

Ark is suffering right now.  I have never seen this low number in players.  There is no longer a crowding issue but there is no one to play with.  New players don't want to stay.   The server numbers look good until you log in and find out no one speaks English.  I'm not being bigot here.  It's honest fact.  No one wants to try and play with someone they cannot talk to.  Not asking to chase away non-English.  I'm saying North America has lost interest in playing Ark and multiplayer is stagnating because there no one to talk to.  Everyone is filtering out like sand in an hour glass.  There is no one to talk to.

On 5/5/2021 at 8:35 PM, SarahMonette said:

Ark is suffering right now.  I have never seen this low number in players.  There is no longer a crowding issue but there is no one to play with.  New players don't want to stay.

Every now and then we hear that Ark is dying, yada yada. Steam charts says otherwise. Also keep in mind that the vast majority of the playerbase is now on unofficial servers.

On 5/5/2021 at 8:35 PM, SarahMonette said:

The server numbers look good until you log in and find out no one speaks English.  I'm not being bigot here.  It's honest fact.  No one wants to try and play with someone they cannot talk to.

Disproof by example:  I have enjoyed playing with cool people where we could not communicate traditionally because of the language barrier - had two as tribemates in PvP, and did a lot of PvE alpha gen missions with others - we were able to have great cooperation and you might be shocked at how much you can get across without discord or chat.  If the person is cool, I will play with them.

I been playing ark sense it came out to Xbox and PlayStation I like the basics of it but there is a limit on how many times you dc or blue screen you get tired of the lag because the servers can’t handle everything, I have played pvp, I just went to pve because it’s a little more excitement but the lag and the teleporting back where you first started gets annoying when you are playing a game. The whole reason I stopped playing pvp was to get away from all the dupping and doss issues you have on servers. Don’t get me started on devs to me they are a piece of work who does not do there job correctly you place a ticket and they tell you the problem is resolved but yet your dinos are still stuck or lost because of the problem. 

I think you should be able to transfer your lvl 145 character from pvp to pve this is one issue I have with pve.

Archived