Gallimimus removal/replacement + changing movement

SunsetErosion

Suggestion

I prefer this dino to just be removed from the game.

But;

Change the walking-speed of the Gallimimus and maybe even change wild Gallimimus running speed. OR make it ground better.
Also the turning radius for a supposedly nimble dino is rediculous. This all because it looks so riduculous. They fly all over which makes Ark look like a circus.
Also pretty hard to tame for a low-tier dino. Above that, the dino is supposed to be very skittish, though it just runs without fear into players or other dinos breathing heavily into your ears staring into your eyes like a rapist.

Or just remove this thing.

I do not see the practical use for it in any way other than pure anoyment and confusion whether Arks wildlife movement is credible. I doubt many players tame this dino. Let alone use it. It was just a "popular dino" add. Or replace it with a more functional dino that doesnt makes grand jetes all over the place going for the moon. There is now in 2021 enough other content to make this dino redundant and there are now new dinos that can be added to Island that maybe make the island dinos "catch up" with functional dinos in comparison to other maps functional dinos.

5 replies to this server topic

On 5/4/2021 at 4:35 PM, SunsetErosion said:

I dont think you can say it actually is anything but a low-tier dino, since the saddle is already unlocked at lvl 29.

Honestly, good luck taming one without a tranq rifle. 

Yeah, no one uses them, but no one uses Female Megaloceros, Terror Birds, Pelagornis, 90% of shoulder pets, or Diplos either. They aren't used because you need health and melee more than anything else in PvP, speed is only good for PvP if you can back it up like the Managarmr. 

Also, it makes sense for the Galli to only be good at open plains running, because that's how it was. Honestly, try running down a hill at top speed and see how well you do. At the end of the day, they're still one of the fastest creatures full stop, and would smoke just about anything in a foot race. 

I honestly don't understand how Gallis are annoying either, sure they're loud and a bit obnoxious, but they literally do nothing to you. It's not like Pegos, who can steal your stuff, Ichthys who will eat all your food, or Microraptors and Purlovia, it's basically just an anorexic Parasaur walking around higher than a kite on cocaine, literally not bothering a thing. If we're to remove Gallis or change them, I think there are many other creatures who deserve changes for before them, like Brontos or Pelagornis. 

7 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

Yeah, no one uses them, but no one uses Female Megaloceros, Terror Birds, Pelagornis, 90% of shoulder pets, or Diplos either. They aren't used because you need health and melee more than anything else in PvP, speed is only good for PvP if you can back it up like the Managarmr. 

Its not only that it has no use...
I used to use terrorbirds a lot early on for caves though. They have attack damage, they belong in the group of wolfes/sabres etc. A lot of shoulderpets have the function of keeping you save in pve situations where you would get knocked out eg. I played hardcore mode back then, so i always had to carried a shoulder dimo... Pelagornis is use for polymer, still today :)
Dinos like Gali, Diplo etc are dinos for fun pve stuff you do on modded servers or events/roleplaying when there is nothing else to do, yes.
But its the fact they are nothing what they should be, even when beeing completely useless. All other dinos to me are what they should be even when useless.
Diplo is anoying as hell, and does its job really really well, unfortunatly. Thats why i dont want that dino to leave the game.
Only the Gali.
Again, they are not skittish, movement is absurd, they are semi-flyers, and are really anoying, when they shouldnt be, they should be skittish, like oviraptor or something. Gali flies around in redwoods and even jungle, YES INDEED where it shouldnt be. Gali is an abomination to Arks wildlife representation.
They make no sense...
Better delete this dino or adjust its movement...

Good news!

I just heard they are going to take the Galimimus out of the game...
Elon Musk is going to need them for a test taking animals to Mars.
He told Wildcard he needed the Galimimus because they are used to high speeds and flying around in orbit.
So they are taking the Galimimus out of the game and put them into the shuttles of Elon Musk...

3 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Also pretty hard to tame for a low-tier dino.

It's not supposed to be a low tier dino, it just feels that way because their only strength is their speed. Only like three or four creatures can really beat a Gallimimus in a straight sprint, and I think only the Mana can once you start leveling movement speed.

There's plenty of nothing creatures in the game, the Galli is probably one of the more useful ones. After all this time though, I think they deserve a health buff, and an immunity to slowing abilities like webbing or ice. 

2 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

It's not supposed to be a low tier dino, it just feels that way because their only strength is their speed. Only like three or four creatures can really beat a Gallimimus in a straight sprint, and I think only the Mana can once you start leveling movement speed.

There's plenty of nothing creatures in the game, the Galli is probably one of the more useful ones. After all this time though, I think they deserve a health buff, and an immunity to slowing abilities like webbing or ice. 

I dont think you can say it actually is anything but a low-tier dino, since the saddle is already unlocked at lvl 29. Yes it is really fast, but I dont think that feat is anything special to make it high-tier animal class. It at most belongs in mid-tier class along with all other animals sub featuring-animals. High-tier beeing the map alpha creatures, like Giga, titano, quetzal, reapers, drakes, wyverns, golems, Manas, meks, astros, magmasaurus. I dont play pvp a lot, but when I did i have never seen anyone use galis in raids or anything, nor do i see anyone use it on pve. Its function is speed, but it is so flawed that its speed is actually its downside. You cant run downhills, you are going to fly and leave a small crater when you land. Its stepheight is to low, it gets stuck behind everything, its turning radius is ridiculous...

It really needs a lot of twitching to make me feel like it gives any value to the game, making pros count up against its cons;

NOT skittish
Flying land dinos all over your screen
Killing frustration from its movement abilities

If its not low-tier, and you think its not anything but downgrading the game, might as well give it a tek-saddle...

Archived