Titanasaurus Problem

Shadow201210

I am extremely new to the game and trying to play single player on The Island in Spawn zone 1/2 because it's easy and my dino attacked a Titanasaurus and I am worried it's going to find my current base but now in the area more towards the Red Obelisk where I want to make a larger base. How can I get rid of this? I'm worried it will destroy my base and cause me problems. I don't want to have to delete my file and start over because of this. Any help/guidance? 

3 hours ago, Shadow201210 said:

I am extremely new to the game and trying to play single player on The Island in Spawn zone 1/2 because it's easy and my dino attacked a Titanasaurus and I am worried it's going to find my current base but now in the area more towards the Red Obelisk where I want to make a larger base. How can I get rid of this? I'm worried it will destroy my base and cause me problems. I don't want to have to delete my file and start over because of this. Any help/guidance? 

You got a bunch of different choices here.
First is unless you make it mad at you again, it should leave your base alone. It will just be annoying for the most part, stomping around, shaking the camera, getting in the way, trying to do what it can to have you accidentally hit him so he can get angry at you. Its just annoying, but they will eventually wander off if you give them enough time.

If you "truly" want to get rid of it, you could build a raft a couple arrows and a bow. Throw the raft in the ocean nearby, go back and make the titano angry with an arrow or two, run back to the raft, shoot another arrow or two at him, then lead him out into the ocean. Make sure to lead him out into the depths and purposely take your time to make sure he follows you all the way out. Once you get him way out in the middle of the ocean, head back to shore as quickly as possible and he should run out of stamina in the ocean and drown. If you decide to harvest the carcass, you will not get much other than some hide, meat, maybe some prime, and a sauropod vertebra. 

Other than that, you could do suicide runs....Build a bow, couple arrows, run to the edge of your bow n arrow talents, take shots till you hit him, and then run away from your base as fast as possible. You will die, either from titano or something, but you do not care. Your only goal, to taunt the titano as far away from your base as possible.

14 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

You got a bunch of different choices here.
First is unless you make it mad at you again, it should leave your base alone. It will just be annoying for the most part, stomping around, shaking the camera, getting in the way, trying to do what it can to have you accidentally hit him so he can get angry at you. Its just annoying, but they will eventually wander off if you give them enough time.

If you "truly" want to get rid of it, you could build a raft a couple arrows and a bow. Throw the raft in the ocean nearby, go back and make the titano angry with an arrow or two, run back to the raft, shoot another arrow or two at him, then lead him out into the ocean. Make sure to lead him out into the depths and purposely take your time to make sure he follows you all the way out. Once you get him way out in the middle of the ocean, head back to shore as quickly as possible and he should run out of stamina in the ocean and drown. If you decide to harvest the carcass, you will not get much other than some hide, meat, maybe some prime, and a sauropod vertebra. 

Other than that, you could do suicide runs....Build a bow, couple arrows, run to the edge of your bow n arrow talents, take shots till you hit him, and then run away from your base as fast as possible. You will die, either from titano or something, but you do not care. Your only goal, to taunt the titano as far away from your base as possible.

Thanks, ya I will have to see what I can do later. Just really sucks there were two I was the swamp area. I need to lead the one back towards its original location. I figure if I avoid the area it should stay there. Not sure how mechanics areas that are not loaded in. 

8 minutes ago, Shadow201210 said:

Thanks, ya I will have to see what I can do later. Just really sucks there were two I was the swamp area. I need to lead the one back towards its original location. I figure if I avoid the area it should stay there. Not sure how mechanics areas that are not loaded in. 

the best way to think about it in single player mode, is everthing that is outside of render distance, is "paused" Untill someone renders it back into existance.

I got a titano over by my base, but since he unrenders whenever Im home, he is "paused" in place untill I go towards him. Only then does he come back to life and is moveing again.....If it ever becomes a true both to me tho, Ill just hop onto my argy, go nibble on his head, then kite him away from my base for a bit, then just leave him alone.....Honestly them and giga's are not really worth the bother. It is cool to take one and build a base on their butt, however in the end, they are not really worth anything. =/

13 hours ago, Shadow201210 said:

In addition to the solutions that people have offered in this thread, there are three more solutions.

1) Use a mod

I have never used a mod to remove a dino from my game, but I'm 95% certain that there is a mod available that will do this for you. If there is something you want to do with the game then I can just about guarantee that there is a mod to do it. I've used bunches of mods for solo and dedicated server play, I've just never looked for a mod to do this.

2) Use console commands to kill them whenever they're inconvenient

Let's say you want to keep the titano's on your map, but you want to be certain that you can get rid of them whenever they get in your way or they're a threat to your base.

At the bottom of this post I'm going to paste in a link for the "Console Commands" page on the wiki. Since you're in a solo game you can use console commands you can do nearly anything you can imagine in the game. You can fly, you can ghost into the terrain, you can spawn in equipment and dino's, the list goes on. Obviously if your goal is to play the game honestly then you want to be very careful about when you use console commands, putting yourself into god mode makes it easy to beat things but at that point why even bother playing the game?

Having said that, console commands are great for making up for glitches in the game or for fixing little things that you don't like. As we've said, maybe you like having titano's on your map, but you don't want to spend all the time it takes to kite them into the ocean and you definitely don't want one to wreck your base if it gets too close and you accidentally attack it (I can tell you from personal experience that one wrong move can cause a titano to utterly destroy weeks of work, including killing even high level tames).

So what you do is use the console command to "fly", you get close to the titano and then you use the command to "kill". The kill commands will automatically kill whatever you are targeting, which is why you don't want to use it when you're mounted on one of your birds, you won't want to accidentally kill your own mount.

3) edit the config files to remove them from your solo game

This is what I do. I've never liked titano's, as far as I'm concerned they simply should not exist in solo games or even on public servers in PvE, the only place that they make any sense is in PvP.

You can configure your game so that Titanosaurs are removed from your maps, but you have to be familiar enough with your computer that you're comfortable finding the game files and the configuration files.

There is a configuration filed called "game.ini", and in that file you can put an entry that looks like the following:

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Titanosaur_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")

Rather than try to write a tutorial here, I'll just say that if you do some googling there is a bunch of information available explaining how to find the right file and how to edit it. It's not hard to do and it's a good way to learn where all of the files are stored for your installation of ARK (assuming that's something you want to learn).

If you're comfortable enough with your computer to learn this and do it, you won't ever have to have a titanosaur on any of your solo/private maps.

Here's the link to the console commands page:

https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Console_commands

Titanosaurs are like big brontos, short term anger memory, just make sure your dinos aren't on aggressive and attack it first and you should be fine and others on here have already mentioned great ways of dealing with it so I won't bother.

I had to say though that the way you described it I imagined the titan tracking you down and waiting for you to leave your base just so it can wreck everything like a jealous ex. Like this giant mountain of dino trying to conceal itself behind itty bitty trees to stalk you or just act nonchalant to try and get you to lower your guard just to switch on psycho mode. These mental pictures brought much laughter, thank you.

Archived