Trying to do Red/Purple OSD solo

MayonnaisePlease

PvE Official if that matters.

I'm thinking of bringing another giga for the mate boost, deactivate the shield and just chomp on dinos attacking the OSD (in PvE you can't damage your own OSD)

BUT i'm mostly worried about the enraged creatures. What can I do to avoid my gigas from getting enraged? They're not imprinted by me and have prim saddles. I don't have a better giga saddle bp but have been farming Rag drops like crazy for them

On 5/5/2021 at 11:48 AM, Wargur said:

I tried to protect the purple drop with 10 rexes (115k hp, 1600+ dmg) with saddles for 100 + armor-I could barely survive until the 6th wave - the drop was destroyed, the Rexes had 10% hp left

i did a purple osd solo to wave 6 with 3 giga 36k hp 1.6k melee 90 armor, i stopped at wave 6 because the 2 unridden giga became bloody, i got 700k xp on my chibi (2x rates)

• 3 months later...

On the official server I'm on, tribes have surrounded the drop areas with either metal spikes or signs. The corrupted dinos will stay aggro'ed on those thus sparing the drop. Then, after you take care of the ones that do get to the drop, you can walk over with your giga(s) and kill them. You can even bring a daedon or owl to heal your dinos while the corrupted are still focused on the other structures.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:19 AM, kyleb350 said:

On the official server I'm on, tribes have surrounded the drop areas with either metal spikes or signs. The corrupted dinos will stay aggro'ed on those thus sparing the drop. Then, after you take care of the ones that do get to the drop, you can walk over with your giga(s) and kill them. You can even bring a daedon or owl to heal your dinos while the corrupted are still focused on the other structures.

Interesting. I thought that when a drop lands it destroys everything on the ground. So if I understand you can place "permanent" structures near enough to aggro waves but distant enough to not be destroyed by the drop ?

On 8/25/2021 at 5:27 AM, Elgar said:

Interesting. I thought that when a drop lands it destroys everything on the ground. So if I understand you can place "permanent" structures near enough to aggro waves but distant enough to not be destroyed by the drop ?

Oh yeah. Drops only fall in specific areas, so you may see a big ring of spikes around a certain area in the middle of nowhere. They need to be far away enough not to be hit by the drop, maybe 20-30 foundations away. 

On 8/17/2021 at 9:19 PM, kyleb350 said:

yeah cheating always makes things easier, am I right? Lol I don't blame you for using that strat if it is there but that is not a real strat. Some dude made an account, went and put a bunch of walls down and then lefft the tribe...not exactly inteded. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 5:24 AM, Zeptium said:

Bump, to hear if you managed to solo the drop MayonnaisePlease. Thinking of also attempting this, but only have primitive giga saddles..

I just went 83 waves with 2 gigs.....Both female, so no mate boost, one prim saddle, one ascendant, one snow owl, and 53 metal spikes we got from a yellow drop we did earlier......the key is to put the blockaids up in choke points. Sadly however this will not prevent all of the dino's from getting through, but after dealing with the ones that do get past, the others will get stuck and stop the next wave from beginning too early. This gives you time to heal and to worry about other problems.....water was the biggest problem. I highly recommend custom drink recipe's. If not, berries will be your best

On 8/25/2021 at 6:27 AM, Elgar said:

yes.

8 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I just went 83 waves with 2 gigs.....Both female, so no mate boost, one prim saddle, one ascendant, one snow owl, and 53 metal spikes we got from a yellow drop we did earlier......the key is to put the blockaids up in choke points. Sadly however this will not prevent all of the dino's from getting through, but after dealing with the ones that do get past, the others will get stuck and stop the next wave from beginning too early. This gives you time to heal and to worry about other problems.....water was the biggest problem. I highly recommend custom drink recipe's. If not, berries will be your best

yes.

He try in pve server no singleplayer,that why you can do a purple osd with 2 gigas with primitive saddles

8 hours ago, Thekuervito said:

He try in pve server no singleplayer,that why you can do a purple osd with 2 gigas with primitive saddles

my settings mimic official pve, I would actually like to be online but due to a bug or extra security impliments from wildcard, I cannot. So yes I am on single player, but Im doing so without "trying" to cheat.....No SP settings, extra tameing, or any other gimicks.

He can do it, but he has to be smart about it and think differently about how to do it. Don't just rush in and think everything is going to be fine, set up a perimeter, put speed bumps in the way to buy more time, bring methods of healing your fighter.....With that said, it took me 5 hours working on this supply drop to get to wave 83 before I called it.....I kept healing my giga's between waves. If I couldn't have done that, if I had to keep fighting, the only other way I could have done it is if I had an entire army of gigas at my disposal. In such a case, I would have to run one untill I was uncomfortable with its health level, cryopod it up, and get a new fresh giga with full health.

For purple OSDs, we use two gigas (we are sometimes in range to be mateboosted but often move further away to deal with opposite ends of the hordes and lose the boost) that are imprinted to us and have good (100+ saddles).  Gigas have to be mutated unless you're using many of them. Our gigas have 30 mutations in melee, around 500%ish on hatch which amounts to 99-107 points. You can do it with fewer mutations, I would recommend that one should aim to have at least 20 melee mutations, full imprint and good saddles. Be ready to rescue and replace an injured giga with a fresh cryopoded one and have an owl for healing between waves.

• 3 months later...

If you are going to solo, make sure the Gigas you have are clumped together as well as you can. I usually whistle them to follow/attack my target and then just keep left clicking to attach. Use group move commands in between waves to get them all in one spot. You need high quality saddles, but mostly just a ton of melee since you need to deal with corrupted dinos as quickly as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived