Where to get low cost high dura/damage blueprints on official?

Jhangir

Took a break from ARK and after returning to official I have seen a lot of blueprints going around that have very high damage and dura with journeyman or mastercraft quality. For example I have seen journeyman flak with 700+ dura, and mastercraft flak with 900+ dura. Journeyman compound bows/fab snipers with 250+ damage. 

Where exactly are these type of high efficiency blueprints available? I have ran all the loot crates on ARK, crystal isles, island caves, center caves but have never seen anything like this. Any idea where to obtain these?

23 minutes ago, Austria said:

Extinction drops

... and a big helping of RNG.

They aren't "somewhere."  They are everywhere you listed.  Its just that you can fastforward the RNG with Ext OSDs.  Just remember, they are still bound in RNG.  So if after 1 or 2 drops you don't have a full set of 800+ dura JM flak, nothing is broken, it is simply RNG.

You could do 10 OSDs and get zero flak BPs.  You could do 10 more and get 10-15 useless BPs, maybe one good BP.  If you took a break, well then you played before, so you probably get it.  :)

32 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

... and a big helping of RNG.

They aren't "somewhere."  They are everywhere you listed.  Its just that you can fastforward the RNG with Ext OSDs.  Just remember, they are still bound in RNG.  So if after 1 or 2 drops you don't have a full set of 800+ dura JM flak, nothing is broken, it is simply RNG.

You could do 10 OSDs and get zero flak BPs.  You could do 10 more and get 10-15 useless BPs, maybe one good BP.  If you took a break, well then you played before, so you probably get it.  :)

what the heck is rng mean? I didn't understand any of that...

Valguero - Abyss! The completely subterranean ocean.

Wiki ---> here!

It takes some preparation and investment (marine animals) but it's not as dangerous as OSD's and can be played entirely solo.
In addition, one of the 10 red boxes will spawn again immediately after one has been emptied. i get tons of epic content!

19 hours ago, Jhangir said:

Took a break from ARK and after returning to official I have seen a lot of blueprints going around that have very high damage and dura with journeyman or mastercraft quality. For example I have seen journeyman flak with 700+ dura, and mastercraft flak with 900+ dura. Journeyman compound bows/fab snipers with 250+ damage. 

Where exactly are these type of high efficiency blueprints available? I have ran all the loot crates on ARK, crystal isles, island caves, center caves but have never seen anything like this. Any idea where to obtain these?

The basic logic of the game is still the same - loot crates in areas that are harder to get to are more likely to give you better blueprints, but there is no single magic answer to "the best" place to get things.

As always there is a random element to drops, so you can still get garbage from deep sea loot crates, or desert loot crates, or Aberration surface beacons, and so on. But the harder it is to get to a drop the more likely that you'll get good items from it. Other than that, you just need to keep looting the beacons & crates until you get what you're looking for.

Archived