Single Player Maps and Saves Deleted After update. Help?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm EXTREMELY pissed. I play on Xbox 1, PVE, local. I had a map per location, as I have purchased ALL maps and awaiting Genesis 2, eagerly, so I thought, till today. ALL SAVES FOR EACH MAP IS GONE!!!

Is there even a QA team? Do they even freaking load the game up to test it? Seriously this bug is so blatantly obvious it should have been smacking them in the face. THEN they don't even roll back the

Keep us updated, I don't have twitter 

Posted Images

Lost everything

So what, is this game turning into 7 days to die? I signed in to find all of my saved data is gone for valguero. Everything is gone. If I used cheats it wouldn't be an issue so much but my character is gone, my base, and tames are all gone. Everything is gone. I had to make a new character (again).

I am on the xbox. I left 7d2d because of this same bs. Now I ha e to expect it from ark? Not happy. Not happy. NOT HAPPY! 

Yep, the same exact thing happened to me.  Lost my character who I'd traveled with across several maps and hundreds of hours worth of effort.  And honestly, as much as I love Ark, it'll probably be awhile before I even think about playing again.  I have to ask, how is it possible that an "update" can be released that does such a thing?  There must be quality control/beta testers, right?

Don't play this game...........I had a dedicated server running on an xbox.....after the latest patch......all server data gone.....just gone.

How can WildCard not test stuff before it's released? I am so angry. Months of play time gone.....because they can't get their poop together.

WildCard.......just stop making games. You should just stop.

Wiped dedicated server Xbox

Don't play this game...........I had a dedicated server running on an xbox.....after the latest patch......all server data gone.....just gone.

How can WildCard not test stuff before it's released? I am so angry. Months of play time gone.....because they can't get their poop together.

WildCard.......just stop making games. You should just stop.

• 6 months later...

Single Player Ark Data Loss Character Lost

Me and my brother play on the island single player, xbox one. We decided to try ragnorok and enjoyed it a lot with our characters, not having to level, excterra. We were low on supplies and my thlacoleo died so we decided to head back to the island, we fast traveled to our obelisk base and uploaded our ark data. When we got to island we spent about an hour packing up all our things and bringing them to the obelisk. We then transferred into ark data and uploaded our survivors. We exit to main menu and we got kicked out of the game. This happens about once a week when we save and the progress usually saves. We loaded back into ark and the resoution was terrible with random blue and pinks stripping across the screen. When we loaded in to Ragnarok we tried uploading our survivors but we couldn't see them we tried the island, again no luck. Is there any way to get back me and my freinds characters? Isthere any way to get the gear and animals in ark data? I dont want people saying I was stupid to risk this. I realize this. Please help.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by click56

I have had similar problems, however I cannot transfer my character at all. I lose it Everytime. But this issue only affects my account. My son has no problem and I can make a character in his game and transfer just fine. I sought help through here, Reddit, and even Microsoft and wildcard support. No character, item or tame retrieval possible and I received no help. No one has any idea why my characters disappear. I hope you character loss is a one time thing.

Yet another great example of the Xbox One's automatic sync of saved data to cloud that is flawed and the system desperately needs the ability for the user to manually copy save data to usb sticks for backups. Your local save data ( that contains that obelisk data as well ) got screwed up. It synced the screwed up data to the cloud when you exited the game , and gone are your healthy data. This is a major flaw of both Ark that is so buggy and unstable and the Xbox's inability to manually backup your saved data of any game. If you had a manual backup you could just copy it back. But Xbox is totally flawed in this regard. Automatic cloud sync of saved data is a terrible system. 
IE there is nothing you can do to recover. You got screwed over by Ark bugs and Xbox flaws.

I also want to add that trying to use features that is supposed to work ( Transferring items and characters ) doesn't make you stupid. It's not your fault the game is a buggy mess.
Now that you know though , just stay away from trying it again. And this is the type of thing that makes me angry about Ark. The user can't use basic features that should work just because WC can't sort out their buggy game.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This has happened 2x to me in the past month or two.  I play single player online via my xbox.  It has deleted saved games 2x now.  I can't get the server to link and recover.  Please fix it.  I had saves on all lands, now I have NOTHING again.  :(

I have lost tons of dinos, including other people's dinos who played a couple times with me on my saves via a hosted server.  They had dinos that I haven't been able to conquer and can't replace.  Uggggggg

• 5 months later...

I'm EXTREMELY pissed. I play on Xbox 1, PVE, local. I had a map per location, as I have purchased ALL maps and awaiting Genesis 2, eagerly, so I thought, till today. ALL SAVES FOR EACH MAP IS GONE!!! 9 maps of Dino's, bases, progress.... GONE! The save icon still there, as if, the save is still there and IT'S NOT. Explain this or freaking fix it!!! Tell me a solution to recover, over a year, hours of dedicated work!....IT'S JUST GONE after map selection? I mean, my Aberration map, wasn't too much of a lost. Since I only acquired like 28 dinos and I stopped playing that map, due to the INSTA-CLIMBING PICK DEATH GLITCH, that never seemed to get resolved. I paid for the other maps and I PURCHASED A XBOX JUST TO PLAY THIS GAME. I know I'm 1 of billions of Ark players and there probably are billions of players also purchased these maps. I'm not playing on a server, HOW DO I LOSE MY SAVES? WE NEED BETTER SAVE OPTIONS AND BACK UP SAVE OPTIONS! ESPECIALLY, IF YOU, THE DEVELOPERS SAY THERE IS NO WAY TO RECOVER MY SAVES! AGAIN, PLEASE HELP AND OR FIX, ASAP!

EXTREMELY PISSED ARK PLAYER😡

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Same happened to less then out ago, while i was playing. I got kicked off getting told ark needs to update, so i do it, go back in, EVERYTHING IS GONE.... Now i only started playing a couple weeks ago, so i didn't lose anywhere near as much as other players did. But its disheartening. Fix it devs, or or lose a new player that was really getting into it. Doesn't look great for what we can expect from ark 2...

• Sad 1

this SHOULD be A MAJOR ISSUE being addressed. im rather mad myself, i checked my save files i spent 1000s of hours of building adventures etc with my bro and its all gone... it PUTS me on a respawn screen as if i had died when i didnt EVERYTIME I try to log into a world. gets rid of all my beds creations tames, as if its a new world but my level is still a 96 and my player lost their clothes and inv but hair length all the same as before.e OOOOOOH and dont get me started on the fact that this isnt happening to one of my accounts. its every single freaking account i own and every single freaking map save i have too. AND i asked my bro if it happened to him where he is at on his console and all saves??? gone. all freaking gone. everyone should be having an issue. i was on xbox also. but i own a pc version too at least connected through microsoft and the same glitch occurs again. this IS ABSOLUTELY GAME BREAKING FOR PEOPLE. PLEASE FIX. REVERT THE PATCH. GIVE ME MY WORLDS AND ALL MY SAVES BACK. THANK YOU. horrible issue, this is ridiculous. if you dont fix this issue i will never be playing ARK again. 

• Sad 1
  • xXLuuXx changed the title to Update Problem
  • Joebl0w13 changed the title to Single Player Maps and Saves Deleted After update. Help?