*Best* Way to get Ascendant Pick BPs?

MayonnaisePlease

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

People charge an arm and a leg for max pick bps, few hundreds of tek usually 

Maxed blueprints are pretty much a waste anyway. Anything around ~200%+ will have a pretty good chance to yield maxed ones with a good crafter, and they are pretty common into any caves.

8 hours ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

Solo Official PvE player here. Wanting the (very elusive) high pickaxe BPs, but unsure as to where to look? I've heard the Rag ice cave is good but I check the entrance drops, no luck so far. I have all of the maps. Any suggestions?

Just got mine from the cave of the brute on the island.....there is sometimes a supply drop that appears in the ice water at the very end of the run.....swam up to it and boom. BP for a ascendant metal pick, 300% damage.

Silly question tho, why? Why a expensive to make pick instead of an anky? o.o

16 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Just got mine from the cave of the brute on the island.....there is sometimes a supply drop that appears in the ice water at the very end of the run.....swam up to it and boom. BP for a ascendant metal pick, 300% damage.

Silly question tho, why? Why a expensive to make pick instead of an anky? o.o

Pick bp's don't really get expensive as far as I know. Even the best ascendant one I've found only requires something like 12 ingots to make.

You usually want good bp's to craft max damage picks for using with mantis on ele veins

1 hour ago, hud said:

If u find good bp for drill how much its cost to make ???

Or he schould use primitive one ?? From vein view, nothing beats meele mantis+298% pick

And for craft cost, like #carbonark  said its cost about 10 ingots to make

I had in mind solo player without tame support as he didn't mentioned it in his first post and for general use like crystal, metal and stone.

For him self solo yes better  primitive than applying a lot points in melee.

Crafting drill even primitive and repair cost was for me expensive but i still using it for weight reduction purpose.

For using a dino i have seen ppl try other dinos too like thery with 3k damage but i personally didn't tried.

And for vein without dino i have heard chainsaw can do too - also didn't tried.

9 hours ago, Noa said:

Looking for whip BP, damage does not mater, just  big durability.

( have matting partner in wooden cage and need to tame and correct his behavior without damaging him too much as i need him for  breeding mutated avatars)

SE, they are fairly common and easy to find in any drop. Even the primative whips can be mastercrafted with better durability. Might be able to make one on a horse without the need to transfer maps however

7 hours ago, carbonark said:

Pick bp's don't really get expensive as far as I know. Even the best ascendant one I've found only requires something like 12 ingots to make.

You usually want good bp's to craft max damage picks for using with mantis on ele veins

I didn't check mine, but I do know of a ascendant shotty BP I got, dang thing wants 1200 metal >.<
But I get you on the mantis with high tier tools. I still remember the time I equipped a mantis with an ascendant club. I did it for the lols, but a lvl 53 wolf vs brand new tame 120 mantis and an ascendant club = nighty night

I've got my loot quality settings pumped up, if I were tool farming I'd say get a good high stam Pt or wyvern on Val and hit the supply drops at night.  Val is small enough in footprint that you can snag the drops quickly.

As you've said, the ice worm cave on Rag.  The 4 red crates on rag also, I build behemoth gates over them so I can see them easier, but those crates are mostly for fur and ghillie armor and saddles.

Hunting alpha raptors is also a great way to get upgraded tools and crossbows, they won't be ascendant quality but they'll be better than primitive.

2 hours ago, Thekuervito said:

Alpha raptors give in low rates asc picks/crossbows,200-202 % dmg

My gachas too but not 298.

Btw i mindwiped and pumped all points in crafting but could not  go over that, seems those BP's are capped by developers.

Only effect of my skills was in item better duration. (pick and bow with asc BP)

With Tek BP's you get on extinction skills work a lot better, you get armors with 500-8oo protection and several K of durability each pice but it cost sea of resources to do it.

12 hours ago, Noa said:

My gachas too but not 298.
Btw i mindwiped and pumped all points in crafting but could not  go over that, seems those BP's are capped by developers.
Only effect of my skills was in item better duration. (pick and bow with asc BP)
With Tek BP's you get on extinction skills work a lot better, you get armors with 500-8oo protection and several K of durability each pice but it cost sea of resources to do it.

yeah, on official the devs put caps on a lot of different gear, especially saddles. Its almost tempting to just completely avoid a mind wipe and just put a couple points permanently into crafting, then forget about it and just look for some good BP's. Maybe you cook em up to max, maybe you get really close and meh after that.

52 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

I'm with SMP -  blueprints for shotty, rex saddle & etc are worth it. A pick? just hit longer, or get an Ankylo or whatever ....

The time you spent getting an ascendant + 2000 pick you would have already harvested ALL the stuff you need w a primitive pick or resource adapted dino.

Yea but as others have mentioned, for an end game pve player the high end pick bp is useful for a mantis doing element vein harvesting. Other than that yes they are not needed generally.

15 hours ago, SMP said:

By the time I'm finding good hatchet/pick BPs, I'm far beyond actually needing them.  I just toss any I find.

Im right there with you, but Iv always kept one. I figure if the worst case scenario, Ill just send it to the next map so that I can cook it up if I ever need it, or if something game change occurs to actually need one. Such as the mantis's.

Archived