Rock drake saddles (BP)

SunsetErosion

I have spend 10s of hours on surface looking for a bp for rock drake saddles. At first I would occasionally get some RD saddles from the red or yellow drops. But that is far in the past, I dont even get those anymore. Only decent loot I get on Surface are Pliers and Dodo saddles...
Also went to Element Vault a good amount of times, which in many runs there is not even a loot drop open, or I cant find it but im pretty sure they arent always open.
To me thats ridiculous, why the hell would THAT cave not have a drop open at all times on timers. Drop time's over, when it eaches 0, new drop spawns. Take it before timers runs out, wait till timers are 0 as if you didnt take it. Most times I get the same crap as I get on surface, only slightly better.

Why the hell is Rock Drake saddle BP so special, i have a thousand bps for every other dino saddle, but 0 for Rock Drake, common WTH is this.
Am I that unlucky or what is going on with this? Are there other ways to get RD saddles?

Does the drop right outside the cave, between the spikes, maybe mistakenly belong to the same cluster as the cave spawns? If anyone can tell me all the spawn locations, I might be overlooking spawns.

Does anyone know a link or vid to all the spawn locations of drops in Element Vault?

These locations I know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xpiwvLKNPw&ab_channel=TheTJ125

Ive done OSD's many times, didnt get any BPs for Rock Drake ones nor saddles. I only do purple ones, only occasionally Red ones. But didnt get any RD saddles, nor bps out of them yet.
ISo I dont think Rock drake saddles are on the OSD's loot table.

Genesis Tier 3 loot crates, I think might have RD saddles in it. But Ive bought maybe 50 tier 3 loot crates, and no RockDrake saddles. THose contain, I think ALL the saddles, but since it contains ALL saddles the chance to get a RD saddle is very, very slim. Above that, only 1-4/5 tier 4 crates will give you items out of the "saddle" loot table. So that I think will be a long, long grind for RD saddles, and then my wish to get a RD saddle BP.

Thanks for answer though, I so hope Im wrong. OSDs drop so many bps at ones... And Gen loot crates are pretty easy to grind for.

I have been on abb since the start and the surface was the place for rock drake saddles.  Now I only find them in the element vault and the drop right outside the cave in the little pillars. The drops in that video are were I go and have never found a different spot in the cave where a drop spawns. I do always go and take the artifact which seems to make a drop spawn when there isn't any but I find I have to leave the cave and return for this to happen. My guess is there is about a 30 min timer between drops spawning. Good luck since in 3 years I only found 25 or so with only maybe 5 being good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 5:21 PM, SunsetErosion said:

Also went to Element Vault a good amount of times, which in many runs there is not even a loot drop open, or I cant find it but im pretty sure they arent always open.
To me thats ridiculous, why the hell would THAT cave not have a drop open at all times on timers. Drop time's over, when it eaches 0, new drop spawns. Take it before timers runs out, wait till timers are 0 as if you didnt take it. Most times I get the same crap as I get on surface, only slightly better.

Are you by chance playing single player?   They intentionally nerfed the drop spawns in caves in single player by design.   There's an old tweet floating around by Jen, the old community manager explaining that the reason was they didn't want players running the cave over and over again in single player.   Which is just.... the worst.    Because you can literally spawn in whatever you want.   It's this particular design I think that causes the Skylord artifact to be bugged on Island and not spawn in SP even after they said they fixed it in a recent patch.

2 hours ago, theopheus said:

Are you by chance playing single player?   They intentionally nerfed the drop spawns in caves in single player by design.   There's an old tweet floating around by Jen, the old community manager explaining that the reason was they didn't want players running the cave over and over again in single player.   Which is just.... the worst.    Because you can literally spawn in whatever you want.   It's this particular design I think that causes the Skylord artifact to be bugged on Island and not spawn in SP even after they said they fixed it in a recent patch.

No, Im on official servers. I was looking for rock drake saddle bps for months. Only extremely active for a week or 4-5. Didnt find any at all. Not even saddles. I only got like 2-3 saddles from the drops on surface. But oddest thing ever happened like 2-3 days after original post on this topic. I found 2 Bps in Element vault and 1 Bp on surface all on the same day. What are the odds!? Next day I think I found another so I am not actively looking for them anymore.

• 1 month later...

Best way to get RD bp is on surface, especially during xmas event you can get pretty sick ascendant ones. And it does drop you just need like to it daily during 90/50% night for few days. It will drop. I think i got mine on 3rd day of xmas ( ascendant one ) and journey/mastercraft x3 during normal escapades. Av 50 red drops to get one during my tests

Never seeen RD saddle/bp drop in caves of abe.

Also gen2 drops can drop bp and saddles ( got 2 already )

• 10 months later...

Archived