Introducing Conquest Season 3!

StudioWildcard

We just mod the forum. We don't write the game code. Nothing to see here.

is there a way we could get it forwarded to someone who may reconsider massive changes to a cluster people have grown to love that is being ruined by the bad decisions they are putting in place last minute?  no caves, ok what ever, its gonna be annoying and the cluster is going to die fast, which sucks because we waited almost a whole year for this wipe. but then you add in a 24hr cooldown on tribe slots 2 days before the wipe when a lot of people had already planned out their tribes and invited people and friends to play with them. you have to understand that the 24hr cd doesnt affect the big tribes it hurts the casual players who may only have a few hrs to play a day/week (these players will now be frowned upon and not invited to play this wipe because they just "waste" a tribe slot cooldown).

please think about removing the tribe slot cooldown, it hurts the casuals more than i think you realize.
i would also say think about activating cave building but honestly i would take one miracle atleast....

• Volunteer Moderator

You know guys, those settings are not set in stone. I'm sure they will monitor how it goes closely and adjust accordingly if needs be. Give it a shot yourselves first before requesting changes, and perhaps you will realize that it isn't that bad after all. Or not, but you won't know until it goes live. I mean, yes, you are affected by that 24 hours cooldown, but keep in mind your enemies are too!

That said, the only legitimate concern I can think of, is the fact that character restorations is kicking players out of their tribe and now they might not be able to get invited back with a new character until the next day. Other than that, from a game-play perspective, I'd say nobody can really tell how it will play out just yet.

4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

You know guys, those settings are not set in stone. I'm sure they will monitor how it goes closely and adjust accordingly if needs be. Give it a shot yourselves first before requesting changes, and perhaps you will realize that it isn't that bad after all. Or not, but you won't know until it goes live. I mean, yes, you are affected by that 24 hours cooldown, but keep in mind your enemies are too!

That said, the only legitimate concern I can think of, is the fact that character restorations is kicking players out of their tribe and now they might not be able to get invited back with a new character until the next day. Other than that, from a game-play perspective, I'd say nobody can really tell how it will play out just yet.

I would, to be honest, but 1: I've become addicted to C.o.D recently, and probably gonna switch to something soon.

2: I'm stuck with single pringle mode. can't experience online.

22 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

LOLLL

how it will play out? Bro. 

• Facepalm 1

56 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I'm just concerned because they have NEVER changed any of the rules of a Conquest or Classic season during the actual season. Its pretty clear to most of the larger groups playing that this rule is just going to make everything more annoying in general, on top of making it impossible to defend any base from an attack (basically whoever attacks first wins since they can get 25 people and go to a server while the defending tribe cant do anything if they dont have many people online). Just the logistics of managing a tribe like this are disgusting because of how its formatted. In previous conquest/classic seasons people generally had like 40-50 people per tribe and cycled the members throughout the day as people logged off. With these new rules that wont be possible, making a tribe of 40 or 50 have to split into 2 tribes of 25. A lot of tribes are even considering not even inviting any casual players to their tribe now because it is now a detriment to take up a tribe slot, as they simply cant be removed when they get offline. One of the main reasons people play this cluster is because it is more casual than main official or small tribes, and implementing this rule that essentially incentivizes tribes to not even consider inviting players that can only get on for an hour or so a day will completely ruin the cluster for so many people. This is not even to mention all the issues that managing a 100 person group split up between 4 tribes is going to cause (You may argue that the point is to deter people from being in large groups like this, however this wont happen at all with this change because being in a large group will still be of a great benefit in terms of having a large number of people that can participate in a raid or defense) like managing breedlines for 30 or 40 different types of dinos, and making sure each member will have access to all these lines if they want to raise dinos. The logistics will basically make this more of a hassle than regular official, which again, is another big reason why people have played classic and conquest in the past in the first place. 

The rules were fine as they were before and basically everyone that played it previously will agree. Almost everyone that played conquest last season had a good experience and it would have been great if the devs decided to keep everything the same. I guess there should be some way of giving feedback about the season at the end of each of them so that the devs can know if things need to be changed or not to another case such as this. The rules as they currently are are essentially unplayable with this new addition on top of making caves unbuildable. For someone who hasn't played conquest or small tribes previously I can see why you might not understand this, but for literally everyone who has, they know how difficult defending will be compared to attacking with these rules. On previous conquest seasons there were many raids that were 50vs25 or even 75vs25. There will be nothing stopping the same thing from happening this season, where 75 people can split into 3 groups and attack someones base from all sides. Last season this was okay for 2 reasons:

1. Cave building was possible, making it easy to defend your base even when down many members compared to the attacking tribe
2. It was possible to invite other members from your tribe/alliance to help defend if you were down too many people

Neither of these options will be viable this season, as caves are not buildable, and it is not possible to kick people out of your tribe and invite someone immediately. This will lead to a meta where bases are simply zerged with 50+ people while the defending tribe is mostly offline, and there will be nothing the defending tribe can do to defend. If there was a rule that enforced no teaming during raids this could possibly be viable, but with how it currently is it will be way too easy to raid a base compared to defending it, basically forcing everyone on the cluster to attack their enemies before they are able to attack.

I really hope they revert this rule, as it will simply ruin this season without a question. I'm not exaggerating when I say there is not a single person I know out of 150+ people that thinks this rule is good. This is with contrast to the no cave building rule, which many people in my tribe are actually very open to try out, even though it might not be our favorite thing. Hopefully the devs can see why this combination of rules will not work, and revert the changes before the servers go live, because as it is right now, about half the people that were looking to play before, dont want to even touch the cluster now. Conquest was all about these large 25 person raids and defenses, and this rule basically destroys that, since much of the time you cannot get 25 people online without kicking out members who are offline. It was a lot of fun the previous 2 seasons and it would be stupid to ruin it with an experimental rule change that no one asked for.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

If these settings are not set in Stone, it Will be a first. when they added gigas to classic People where complaining for 24 hours on treads and om discord. And no reply what so ever regarding the issue. It’s like they try to anger their playerbase on purpose at this point. It makes no sense. 

Clearly you didnt read any of the other replies here. Attackers will join a server, make a new tribe and get 25 People from their alliance in that tribe. Since they won’t have cooldown. In the meantime the defenders can’t fill their tribe because of the cooldown. So how do you think that will play out? 

At this point I'm pretty confused on one single fact, I believe we all love this game and by far I'm willing to say that ark is one of the survival that is still "surviving" as a game against the current trend. 

Now we have the main problem and the problem is called developers or admins how ever you want to say it. You all are trying to impose a game style to your community that nobody likes. And I'm not saying you do it on purpose because it would be stupid to say based just  on how many players you're losing everytime you take one of this choices, I think that the problem would be that nobody of you know how the game currently is, yes you know how the variable in the programming code for the Stegosaurus is called but do you know how strong the Dino is? and how impossible that Dino is making living outside of a cave? And this is just an example of a bad choice you took but that basically ruined the experience of conquest for a huge amount of players?

You mods should think more about how you can improve your game and if you don't know how to do it the best way to do so, as every developer do in every open beta game is asking your community, and by saying asking I do not intend that you have to do what ever we say, but if you're releasing such a big change in the gameplay it would be a nice idea to ask your community what do they think about it before changing a game mode so radically. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Zenzey said:

Clearly you didnt read any of the other replies here. Attackers will join a server, make a new tribe and get 25 People from their alliance in that tribe. Since they won’t have cooldown. In the meantime the defenders can’t fill their tribe because of the cooldown. So how do you think that will play out? 

I understand that point very well. But look at it from another perspective; yes, they may be able to get 25 players online at once and initiate a raid. However, for how long? Do you really think these 25 players will play for 24 hours straight? I doubt it. Shortly after, they will start logging off one by one for one reason or another (boredom, real-life obligations, sleep, eat, whatever, etc.) and won't be able to swap right away for other players that are active. So, instead of having big raids of 25vs25 24/7, chances are this change will cause them to average something like 15vs15 that will fluctuate throughout the day. But again, nobody can tell how this will play out, hence why you should wait and see how it goes once it is live. Then, and only then, everyone posting in this thread will be able to make informed claims as to whether this change is bad or not for the dynamic of the servers. This is all I was saying; until it goes live, the only thing we can all do is assume and guess what may or may not happens but the reality is; nobody knows until it goes live.

Also, this also means they can't replace hostages you manage to capture.

Edited by invincibleqc