Imprinting confusion

DodoRaptor

So fully imprinting boosts all stats (besides stamina and oxygen) by 20%. A creature being leveled up receives a certain percentage of each stat, with the percentage being the base of that stat, which includes mutations for bred, and post-tame bonus levels for tamed. Do imprinted stats count as the "starter"? I'll use melee as an example.

Let's say I have a rex with 200% damage. I imprint it fully (giving it 240 melee), and then level it once in melee. Will it have 244 melee, or 244.8 melee? In this example, it's a somewhat trivial difference, but applying the answer to higher stats could really give me an idea of how to prepare my rex army.

I dont really understand your question. Imprint bonus will give out a X-value that will be taken into the calcluation on level-up bonus.

If a dino has 100 of any stat, after full imprint bonus it will be 120.
That dino has a tamed level up stat increase of 1%.
The dino without imprint will get a stat increase of 1 per level.
The dino with full imprint bonus will get a stat increase of 1.2%.

5 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

I dont really understand your question. Imprint bonus will give out a X-value that will be taken into the calcluation on level-up bonus.

If a dino has 100 of any stat, after full imprint bonus it will be 120.
That dino has a tamed level up stat increase of 1%.
The dino without imprint will get a stat increase of 1 per level.
The dino with full imprint bonus will get a stat increase of 1.2%.

Okay, I think I understand now. So for all intents and purposes, imprinting bonus would be taken into calculation after leveling, not before.

18 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

One last question. http://culcraft.com/ark/index.php (which is definitely outdated, but I wouldn't think the specific thing in question has changed) says that for post-tame level-ups, the melee would increase by 2%, rather than 1%. Has it indeed been changed?

It depends on the melee you start with.  If it is really high melee, the level up increases will be more substantial.  In looking at that calculator, it does reflect the improvement, but only after calculating, the column to the right doesn't change but try it out with anky.

If you leave anky w/ 100 and add 2 stat points and calculate, you see it go to 104%.

Now set anky to 516 to begin with and then add 2 stat points, recalculate, you see it go up by 20 to 536.

Archived