Xbox dedicated server

So, I finally got my hands on an Xbox series x.   Currently I host a player dedicated private server for me and a handful of friends on my Xbox one.  Been playing all the maps with friends for over a year.   I want to make the Xbox series x the new server Xbox so we can do genesis and crystal isles.  My issue is that it seems upgrading may have been a waste of money since the server files did not move over to the series x.  Does anyone have any ideas how I can make this work, otherwise is seems that upgrading doesn’t do anything for us without restarting from the beginning. And with each player starting from scratch on our worlds we have spent a long time doing. Please help.  And please don’t say it’s impossible to buy a new Xbox and not be able to continue doing what we’ve been doing. That would make me 730$ sadder.  

• 1 month later...

Agreed.  I have since gone to a Nitrado server and we have all started over. Slightly boosted rates and we know so much more than when we were beach bobs.  I can say the Nitrado server is very stable.  Way less time out connection lost.  Ping is usually under 25 for us.  I wish I would have known about the Xbox dedicated save thing way before, I would have probably not rushed out to get it. But. It is very nice to play on.  Hope it works out for you as well.  Waiting for Gen 2 to release and then see what kind of bugs show up after updates before my crew goes to Gen 1.  We are preparing things on ragnarok right now.  Oh. And I also can say that when we transferred cryopod animals over to a different map on the Nitrado, all the animals went to level 1.  So don’t do it that way if you are going with Nitrado.  Not sure if that’s an Xbox thing or Nitrado or main bug.  

I’m not sure how many people you have that play.  But I have 10 slots on my server.  I only use 4-5.  We are going to add a second server soon and cluster them.  We are PVE. And friendly. And coop.  Most of us play on our own.  No violence.  If that sounds interesting, maybe we could all share and split some cost.  I could set up the booster app which lets people add some runtime/money on it. 

Archived