Seeds change?

TargetOne

I used to play on official pve for a a while but moved to unofficial because of massive lag (partly due to gacha towers). So out of curiosity, I did some research. I visited a coupled different servers and observed what it was all about. It's usually a character with a weird name (often a really low level one), just hanging there by the tower, doing nothing other than occasionally picking up crystals. They do nothing else. They dont respond to anything.

My conclusion:  most of the towers I saw are manned by a farm account that runs some sort of script that picks up the crystals from time to time. I have no proof as to the purpose of the dust, but I can make an educated guess:  it is sold for real money on ebay.

If even half of my assession is true then I am really surprised such activities can take place without WC taking any sort of measures to stop them.

Solution? I was suspicious of gachas already the day they were introduced because I come from many MMOs where similar automated systems were introduced and then blatantly abused. The way I see it, remove element dust from the production list altogether. Some tribes would still use gachas to produce other resources, but the root of the problem is the dust.

I didnt put much tought into it, but what about increasing the mate detection area slightly. But make it so that the Gacha has to be on wander and actually have to walk a certain distance, like with baby imprint distance or with Titanosaur taming. That way towers are in no way functional, because they either have to be way, way to big, nor cant you make macros on picking up the crystals, since you cannot know where the crystal is going to drop. Above that, you can make crystals less "bouncy" so they dont fall down those stairs. Make them like eggs and stick to the ground immediatly. OR you can make gachas drop crystals in random directions, like with opening up a OSD, make it drop from the gatchas in various directions.

Or you can make it so that a player cannot carry more than a certain amount of crystals. (like with artifacts) Either crystals of any type, or crystals of certain quality. THis means you gonne be full or have to open up the crystals before picking up new ones. Im not sure macros are able to open up crystals.

Also maybe a possible way to destroy crystal farming (if you limit crystals quantities in inverntory) is to have a "crafting/opening" timer added to opening crystals. Like if you would be "crafting" the loot (like converting dust to unstable-element) THis means farming huge amounts of crystal is going to be a waste of time, because the opening of all those crystals is going to be highly time consuming, again like with turning dust into element.
Or make crystals as heavy as an Elephant.

• Volunteer Moderator
38 minutes ago, HenryManson said:

they should have just put a limit on "gachas per tribe active at a time" instead of messing with seeds!

like only allowing one or two pairs of gachas maximum per tribe out at the same time = no gacha towers!

as it is now, it just screws over normal players....

It wouldn't really works. Players would just farm unclaimed and/or allied ones instead. But anyways, the only reason why it was an issue is because the Iguanodon is broken. As previously stated, it makes no sense at all that you can trade 100 berries for 15000 seeds over and over again. Here is a short clip demonstrating it:

750000 seeds for 5000 berries in about 4 minutes... seems legit, right? 🙄

IMO, making hard element transferable would cause in explosion of "black marketers" hording boss fights. All day, every day, every obi.

And I really don't think loot drop based boss fights are a viable alternative. Can take 5-10 minutes to prep and arrange tames, set tributes, and go... during that time, some griefing mofo can just fly in and take everything from the box to close it.

Nor do I think opening transmitters to boss fights would help, since you have had to actually gotten the engram before taking advantage of that. 

So... in order to then mitigate THAT cluster f***, you'd have to create a new way 'easy' method of initiating boss fights... perhaps a low level tribute shrine craftable that anyone can make, then upgrade to a higher level.

Or... they could just do what they did. The lowest amount of code to mitigate an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Question. Is using bots/macros for collecting the crystals against the CoC?

Hacking and Exploiting

Hacking or exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage over other players is not tolerated.

> Hacking - examples are not limited to but can include using third-party programs such as in-game automated bots

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

> Hacking - examples are not limited to but can include using third-party programs such as in-game automated bots

Yes, In my opinion I read that it is illegal. But so many players seem to use those towers and I cant imagen they really use them without the auto-bots.
If they are against the CoC, why are there so many towers still standing? (PvE)

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Yes, In my opinion I read that it is illegal. But so many players seem to use those towers and I cant imagen they really use them without the auto-bots.
If they are against the CoC, why are there so many towers still standing? (PvE)

Somebody would have to report them. The Enforcement team would have to investigate. Not sure anything is done about it.

Archived