Everyone's opinion on Gigas?

GordoGoH

I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates Gigas. They are true scum of the earth. They ruin almost every fight you have with someone, if two tribes are fighting with stuff like Rex's, Wyv's, Pt's, then the guy with a pocket gig comes along and sh*ts on everything there. Gone are the days when you were the top dog if you had a cool looking Rex, now its if you have a Giga everyone fears you. i know there are ways to counter Gigas, raging it with an equally if not more powerful Giga, Ferox rage it, range attacks like wyvern breath or sniper, however they still absolutely abuse everything in a fight. I think they are better as boss animals seeing as their wild counterpart has 80,000 health, if they were some mini boss like the titans but for bobs then they are good but as it stands, if you don't have Gigas, there is no point fighting anyone.

I think the main problem with gigas, and a lot of the other broken dinos like manas is just the breeding. If you look at arkpoc you don't really see manas and gigas in the same way because when you dont have 11k stam on your mana and 2.5k melee on your giga their weaknesses are more apparent. I don't think the situation can really be salvaged in Ark 1 unless WC is willing to completely kill all dinos or start a new cluster of servers with balanced breeding (I doubt that will happen). Hopefully in Ark 2 breeding will not be some limitless OP thing that ruins pvp. Only allowing a few generations and more balanced stat caps are definitely needed.

21 hours ago, maxplanck58 said:

In my opinion, Ark is much more fun without gigas, manas, gachas and wyverns.  Once you have a giga or wyvern, there is nothing to fear outside of PvP and boss fights.

I dont mind much gachas or wyvs, but manas and gigs are just too OP for tamable animals, I'd understand them being tamable as a temp tame like the titanosaur or dodorex. 

20 hours ago, Tylanater said:

I think the main problem with gigas, and a lot of the other broken dinos like manas is just the breeding. If you look at arkpoc you don't really see manas and gigas in the same way because when you dont have 11k stam on your mana and 2.5k melee on your giga their weaknesses are more apparent. I don't think the situation can really be salvaged in Ark 1 unless WC is willing to completely kill all dinos or start a new cluster of servers with balanced breeding (I doubt that will happen). Hopefully in Ark 2 breeding will not be some limitless OP thing that ruins pvp. Only allowing a few generations and more balanced stat caps are definitely needed.

they just need to make it a temp tame if its in ark 2, or make it not breedable, same with manas (dont know if they will be in ark 2 tho)

1 hour ago, GordoGoH said:

i wish i could piss on dead players 😔

I also think that more role playing should be allowed in PVP including some acts as victory reward.

Moto like "Better heroic escape than to die ashamed" should be in place as minimum.

For that player should not be able to look respawn screen choice instantly but should have battle area and his dead body visible at least half minute as a pain factor as in Ark we don't loose levels or experience so at least to be forced to cry on his body and on enemy victory.

I've lost my character a few times to transfer bugs in both PvP and PvE, so I have had to start over on a few occasions.  While everyone seems to play ark differently and for different reasons, here is my experience: the game is exciting, challenging and fun until I get a giga and wyvern.  The process of stealing a wyv egg is fun, and the danger/prep of taming a first giga is a challenge, but once they have been acquired the game loses its sense of danger - I find that I no longer have to be careful.  At least for me, Ark transforms from a survival game to a babysitting and maintenance game.  It is at that point that logging in starts to feel a little like an obligation for me. 

Were I to run my own server, I suppose that it would be something like ORP primitive + with no tek, but without the 15 minute load time, and no taming of gigas, wyverns, gachas or manas.  I want there to be danger and things to be afraid of - be forced to pick my battles and know when to run. 

I  would also imagine that not many people would want to join. 

Here's my opinion. Gigas kinda ruin the game. I have fun taming them with the skill it needs (which I don't posses yet :)). However, in the wild they are too powerful. Think about it, my wyvern can kill a 150 rex within 30s. The giga, not gonna happen. My wyvern would die before the giga gets bloody. My point is, although they're a fun tame and all, they need to be nerfed. If anyone disagrees let me know why. I would love to hear your thoughts on my opinion.

11 minutes ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Here's my opinion. Gigas kinda ruin the game. I have fun taming them with the skill it needs (which I don't posses yet :)). However, in the wild they are too powerful. Think about it, my wyvern can kill a 150 rex within 30s. The giga, not gonna happen. My wyvern would die before the giga gets bloody. My point is, although they're a fun tame and all, they need to be nerfed. If anyone disagrees let me know why. I would love to hear your thoughts on my opinion.

i am in complete agreement, they need to be nerfed or made a boss creature that can drop high tier loot or be tamed and only having them for a certain period.

how would you deal with 150k health racers, 200k health carbs or 170k health large turts if not for the giga? grapple gang, other gigas, manas, velo, etc all of these are counters to the giga when used correctly but im not going to disagree that all of these tames are very OP right now mutations have created the META every dino still has its place they have just become very specific. because WC will not fix the problem creatures instead they just add a mechanic to a old dino and hopes that it will help counter. hints bleed effects to help with 200k health dinos which only works in specific situations. you know why no one builds on abb anymore (just metal and poly farm bases) it is because it takes 14 hours just to kill the carbs that a tribe throws in your base there is no damage on abb. our x box official servers have 200k plus health carbs if you are offline for more than a 2 hour window regularly your base will be soaked by a tame that takes no time at all to raise. gigas are not the main problem without them the other dinos would be so much worse gotta fix the META before you can fix specific dinos. 

5 hours ago, Tylanater said:

Big true, I think they're just too scared to make big changes that might upset the people who spent years breeding so they just let the game be busted.

I have a funny feeling they're making Ark 2 to rectify all of the mistakes of Ark 1. Like the breeding, game broken and other things. I have no doubt in my mind that they are talented at what they do, it's just they f*cked the game up so bad in the early stages so its almost impossible to completely fix all of its problems.

On 4/26/2021 at 9:20 PM, maxplanck58 said:

I've lost my character a few times to transfer bugs in both PvP and PvE, so I have had to start over on a few occasions.  While everyone seems to play ark differently and for different reasons, here is my experience: the game is exciting, challenging and fun until I get a giga and wyvern.  The process of stealing a wyv egg is fun, and the danger/prep of taming a first giga is a challenge, but once they have been acquired the game loses its sense of danger - I find that I no longer have to be careful.  At least for me, Ark transforms from a survival game to a babysitting and maintenance game.  It is at that point that logging in starts to feel a little like an obligation for me. 

Were I to run my own server, I suppose that it would be something like ORP primitive + with no tek, but without the 15 minute load time, and no taming of gigas, wyverns, gachas or manas.  I want there to be danger and things to be afraid of - be forced to pick my battles and know when to run. 

I  would also imagine that not many people would want to join. 

You may be wrong there - Thats kinda how I run my servers ..........

Archived