Mana's are bugged underwater until drowning

HenryManson

hiho

i just lost a mana , because lag made him use up his stamina to unnecessary jumps & land underwater after the lag.

now that he was out of stam, he was unable to swim upwards atall with me riding him......

i got off & whistled follow (like every other animal) and expected him to.... welll follow me!

but instead he kept the depth & circled my position  underwater until he drowned!

soooooo either this is a totally senseless mechanic,or bug, or something to just make ppl loose their mana in water!

pretty dumb actually!

peace,

mho

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, clumsynynja said:

....not everyone has cryos or access to cryos?...

Cryopods can be learned by anyone level ~50 on any maps. And can be crafted into any obelisks or beacons (except Genesis I believe). If you have access to Manas, chances are you also meet these criterias. 😛

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Cryopods can be learned by anyone level ~50 on any maps. And can be crafted into any obelisks or beacons (except Genesis I believe). If you have access to Manas, chances are you also meet these criterias. 😛

3 hours ago, clumsynynja said:

....not everyone has cryos or access to cryos?...

Is still true. OP may not, all that said. 

11 hours ago, MtnDrew said:

That sucks.

Why didn't you cryopod him?

because, he was diddeling around at a depth that made me run out of stam like 2 m above him & then the mana didnt come up & i couldnt go down, soooo i drowned & sec later the mana!........

just a poopty mechanic, that manas cant swim upwards atall if not ridden.......

7 hours ago, HenryManson said:

because, he was diddeling around at a depth that made me run out of stam like 2 m above him & then the mana didnt come up & i couldnt go down, soooo i drowned & sec later the mana!........

You know what else is a poopty mechanic?

Basically everything about those overpowered noob carriers. Insane speed to the point where it basically teleports, while having ridiculous damage output coupled with the ability to freeze your enemy in place. Oh how about the fact that you can for some reason target the rider right off the mounts back with the freeze beam.

I really hope they're banned from gen 2.

The only good mana is a dead mana. 

On 4/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, HenryManson said:

If that's the case you probably did not move far enough away from him to trigger the follow action .... (follow distance). But I gotta say, I'm w StickyBandit - the only good mana is a dead mana.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:57 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

You know what else is a poopty mechanic?

Basically everything about those overpowered noob carriers. Insane speed to the point where it basically teleports, while having ridiculous damage output coupled with the ability to freeze your enemy in place. Oh how about the fact that you can for some reason target the rider right off the mounts back with the freeze beam.

I really hope they're banned from gen 2.

The only good mana is a dead mana. 

For pvp maybe but not for pve.

On 4/20/2021 at 12:21 PM, HenryManson said:

hiho

i just lost a mana , because lag made him use up his stamina to unnecessary jumps & land underwater after the lag.

now that he was out of stam, he was unable to swim upwards atall with me riding him......

i got off & whistled follow (like every other animal) and expected him to.... welll follow me!

but instead he kept the depth & circled my position  underwater until he drowned!

soooooo either this is a totally senseless mechanic,or bug, or something to just make ppl loose their mana in water!

pretty dumb actually!

peace,

mho

I think theres nothing broken here, you were just very unfortunate to get in that situation. But to me it all makes sense. You run out of stam, fall in water, you gonne drown... Dont expect it to magically restore stamina because you dont want it to die...
Watch out next time...

RIP MANA...

On 4/23/2021 at 5:30 AM, DirkInSA said:

If that's the case you probably did not move far enough away from him to trigger the follow action .... (follow distance). But I gotta say, I'm w StickyBandit - the only good mana is a dead mana.

As far as I know, all dinos out of stamina will do NOTHING, not attack, not move (jump/run), unmountable (birds), untill the point they either restored all their stam (birds) or start to regenerate stamina. Because this guy ran out of stam underwater, its never going to restore anything anymore, its a dead meatbag... Try to always unmount right before running out of stamina, so it doesnt matter how low your pets stamina is, even with just 1 stamina left, it can run around forever, if not mounted...

the fact that the mana could swim at full speed (circling my position on a fixed depth), but cant change its depth is what confuses me!
and normally, when u get off dinos, they swim to the surface automatically!
but the mana just stayed down there, like an idiot!

and for those who say "i have to keep stam in mind while riding stuff"..... no sh!t!,
but what can u do when it laags & it ends up underwater afterwards without stam because it  jumped uselessly while it laags?!

PS: i dont care how op they are in PVP(wich they definetly are), never play it!

Again, sorry about your mana dude. I dont really know what happened, could have been a bug... But you saying it was on "full speed" I just dont believe. Maybe it looked like full speed, those things are really fast you know. But I dont know all the facts, maybe he did somehow get to recover his stamina or another reason he was able to move at "full speed". I dont use manas often, I prefer drakes in many situations.
Also.
Many (land)dinos only have 1 waterspeed. So it doesnt matter if out of stamina or not, they move just as fast. Rising up I can imagen can still be a problem when out of stam. I have had a lot of questions on all kind of things myself. I just dont know manas good enough to really come up with an answer. I test a lot of things out for answers in SinglePlayer. I used to play hardcore mode, so I had to know like all possible ways to die. Me or you can try test this stuff out in SP. I can if you want...

Tips:

Even though it all probably happened all to fast. You think you arent in trouble, just wistle follow do this and that,  but when your first "solutions" didnt work you are running out of time fast to come up with a plan on that very moment...
I always have these wistles keybound:

"All passive" to make sure any following wistles will not be canceled by combat.
"All move to" to guide animals to a save location out of dangerous situations or to do the opposite and let tanks do their jobs (use taming groups)
"All agressive" Wouldnt help you much in that situation
"all attack this target" Could maybe trigger your mana to attack something on land.

Probably not all too helpfull, but try to figure out a way to control those situations. I dont really think its a bug thing.

(edit:  wistle "go to" is somewhat bugged. pets will not always listen. Wistle "follow" first, then "go to"  will help 90% of the time. Another way is to hit the animal  after wistling or if thats not possbile, hit the air)

Archived