Disallow gigas

MichaelJanus

On 4/20/2021 at 8:10 AM, MichaelJanus said:

Genesis was fun before transfers opened.
And now everyone only rides gigas.
All the balance and diversity are gone for good.
Please remove gigas from allowed transfer or at least from rideable list like flyers.
And please do not repeat this mistake on Genesis 2.

Why do people like you think anybody will listen to them? You speak like your opinions are true facts. Why don't you just not use gigas and everything is fine? Don't say "because then i won't be on leaderboards". Nobody cares.

People want to be able to bring their old dinos to new maps. People getinvested in their dinos, especially on PvE. That has always been a thing, and won't be altered just because you're having a nostalgic moment. 

Just don't use Gigas and don't worry about other people. They didn't elect you to speak for them. I surely didn't, and disagree with everything you're saying. 

Why do people like you think anybody will listen to them?

Why do people like you can't understand that everyone has the right to express his own opinions(just as devs have the right to listen or ignore)?

Why do you care that others ride them?

Hmm....why everyone uses OP/meta things? Because if you use anything that is inferior you get attacked on every possible occasion and you are guaranteed to lose.
It seems inevitable for meta, but gigas are not meta but plain OP because they never were nerfed enough or outperformed by anything to go out of meta.
So why anyone would waste months to breed anything non-OP just to lose it in first random encounter?
Yep there are people who are lazy and want to use their old OP dinos everywhere. But that means game designers that created and balanced genesis one just wasted months of their work for nothing.

On 4/20/2021 at 8:10 AM, MichaelJanus said:

Genesis was fun before transfers opened.
And now everyone only rides gigas.
All the balance and diversity are gone for good.
Please remove gigas from allowed transfer or at least from rideable list like flyers.
And please do not repeat this mistake on Genesis 2.

Just go play something else, there are a lot of games without giga.

And let other players to play as they find most enjoyable.

Or you found the way to ruin other ppl play even before genesis 2 is out?

20 minutes ago, MichaelJanus said:

If your game is ruined because of not being allowed to use OP stuff then you should not ever play multiplayer games. Go to single player and use cheats.

To be OP is your subjective opinion. There is 5 years of work behind giga stats.

I don't think that any new comer should question other players work and constant breeding for years.

If you want op giga then tame now female and male and try breeding and mutating them. after years you will have good dino to try on genesis.

If you don't have it now, well you come too late to game, but still someone can have merci to sell you one.

To be OP is your subjective opinion. There is 5 years of work behind giga stats.

So you say I'm imagining things and you can see people who use anything else than gigas on genesis(except for new players who do not yet have any gigas and those who are just exploring on bloodstalker)?

What about 5 years of balancing it is not the case. Yes in normal conditions giga is perfectly balanced to fulfill it's role in raids. It is in no way OP while used as intended. There are viable counters to it. Just not in genesis. Genesis One is generally a corridor-type map full of pve content that you have to do to get gear. There is no counter to giga in this conditions and no alternative at least on pvp servers.

8 minutes ago, MichaelJanus said:

So you say I'm imagining things and you can see people who use anything else than gigas on genesis(except for new players who do not yet have any gigas and those who are just exploring on bloodstalker)?

I think you are imaging moeder  and controler fight with gigas

Or you wana try to beat gama and beta King titan  on extinction with x-Yuty?

I think you are imaging moeder  and controler fight with gigas

Or you wana try to beat gama and beta King titan  on extinction with x-Yuty?

I believe I never said anything about moeder fight which does not even make a 0.1% of genesis gameplay.
And i never said anything about other maps. This is genesis one branch, isn't it?

Also I have edited my previous answer to make it more clear. You may want to read it before further discussing.

Plus, keep in mind that PVP and PVE servers and players have different needs.

True. Sorry. I'm only complaining about PVP. I believe no one really cares what dinos do PVE players use to do missions.

27 minutes ago, MichaelJanus said:

I believe I never said anything about moeder fight which does not even make a 0.1% of genesis gameplay.

Is not just 0,1% of genesis gameplay. Moeder and controller are goal of map, it is ascension.

To both you cant port gigas.

Wiki "Ascension is the process of beating the last boss in ARK and ascending to the next level.".

23 hours ago, Noa said:

Is not just 0,1% of genesis gameplay. Moeder and controller are goal of map, it is ascension.

To both you cant port gigas.

Wiki "Ascension is the process of beating the last boss in ARK and ascending to the next level.".

I don't really have an opinion on this thread, just found your comment funny after seeing this video :D

https://youtu.be/6_1g2CqsXFk

1 hour ago, Starebear said:

Interesting. Player use Tek helmet and for rest he have homo deus (killed king titan alpha on extinction or cheated to get it) skin which cant be used on tek armor so he could be in clothes with that skin for example.

And he don't ride basilo to get  cold and electric protection.

Also i don't see a lot of minions and other dangerous creatures like electrophorus that usually populate that area.

I guess not an official server..

On 4/30/2021 at 7:17 PM, MichaelJanus said:

Why do people like you can't understand that everyone has the right to express his own opinions(just as devs have the right to listen or ignore)?

Hmm....why everyone uses OP/meta things? Because if you use anything that is inferior you get attacked on every possible occasion and you are guaranteed to lose.
It seems inevitable for meta, but gigas are not meta but plain OP because they never were nerfed enough or outperformed by anything to go out of meta.
So why anyone would waste months to breed anything non-OP just to lose it in first random encounter?
Yep there are people who are lazy and want to use their old OP dinos everywhere. But that means game designers that created and balanced genesis one just wasted months of their work for nothing.

I never said you don't have the right to express yourself. You did it, and I didn't try to delete it or get you to subtract your opinion. I merely stated my own opinion, which is that the tone of your complaint has some inherent quality to it. Namely, that you state your arguments as  if they are pure facts that everyone agree with. No indication of further contemplation beyond just an emotional response.

As for the problem with "meta" and "OP" things, first of all, the giga isn't OP just because it's better than another dino.  I didn't realize gigas were so important to the PvP meta. But I mean, if you want to fight a giga, in the end you're just gonna need a better giga. But if they remove the giga, and let's say the second best dino is the Rex (I don't know what's second best in PvP, but just for the sake of the argument). So the moment the giga gets removed from the game, disregarding all the backlash it would create, players would then just move on to having Rexes, and the same will still be true - ultimately you are going to have to fight one, if you are on a PvP server, the only way to do that is to get a better Rex. What do we do then?`Remove the Rex too? So then everyone moves to the third best dino. If it ever gets to a point where you have one dino that does the most damage, and another dino that still manages to out-damage the highest dealing damage dino with some clever feature like a freeze or a stun, then that other dino will be what's best for PvP. And everyone will have that dino. To beat them, you'll still need a better dino. How many dinos do we remove from the game before it's playable for you?

Which brings me to the second of all, which is that this problem of players opting for the meta, is actually an expression of typical human behavior. It's a temperamental trait, and some players will always opt for the meta, to be in the "cutting edge". There's nothing you can do about that unless you want to start controlling people's freedoms. For someone that's talking about freedom of speech, that doesn't make any sense. Besides, there's not a single game out there where players don't do this. It's not an issue of "giga" vs "no giga", it's an issue of "there is no way you can design a game where this kind of behavior won't emerge among players". Unless the game is a picture of a square that you just have to look at, and that's the game. Imagine if Ark only had one single dino on every map, and all of them spawned at max level. That would be really fair to everyone! Then everyone could run around being the same level, having the exact same stats, using the exact same dino, and then everything would be fair. Sounds like an awesome game.

Archived