Fliers Gaining Movement Speed Levels on Tames

jeebbers

Now, I don't know much about Ark, so this could be intended and I've just been really lucky, but since the Easter event ended, when I tame flies they have been getting points into movement speed on tame. At first, I thought it might be a mod I added, but after taming some creatures after turning off mods and having this still be an issue, I have to think this is probably a bug. Has anyone else been noticing this bug by chance?

10 hours ago, jeebbers said:

Now, I don't know much about Ark, so this could be intended and I've just been really lucky, but since the Easter event ended, when I tame flies they have been getting points into movement speed on tame. At first, I thought it might be a mod I added, but after taming some creatures after turning off mods and having this still be an issue, I have to think this is probably a bug. Has anyone else been noticing this bug by chance?

they are supposed to be bringing back classic fliers for non dedicated and single player games. Maybe you accidentally got a bug from their intended update later on?
REAP THE REWARDS MAN, FLY AS FAST AS YOU CAN! XD

10 hours ago, wizard03 said:

they are supposed to be bringing back classic fliers for non dedicated and single player games. Maybe you accidentally got a bug from their intended update later on?
REAP THE REWARDS MAN, FLY AS FAST AS YOU CAN! XD

Does it work like that? I've always read that when you tame the creature, the movement speed points don't do anything. It's only when you level points into them that it works. 

42 minutes ago, jeebbers said:

Does it work like that? I've always read that when you tame the creature, the movement speed points don't do anything. It's only when you level points into them that it works. 

That's exactly how it works. If I remember right some fliers get extra speed from imprints (Snow Owls?), but in most cases you start at 100% and level it up. For Argentavis it's 1% for each point.

2 hours ago, zero064 said:

That's exactly how it works. If I remember right some fliers get extra speed from imprints (Snow Owls?), but in most cases you start at 100% and level it up. For Argentavis it's 1% for each point.

Yeah, so what I'm talking about is the levels that it gains after you tame it. So, lets say it's a 150 Argent, and you tame it and get 74 extra levels, none of those extra levels are supposed to go into movement speed, right? I put a picture to show what I'm talking about. Left stat is the stats gains on tame, right are levels I put in. 

Griffin stats.png

11 hours ago, jeebbers said:

It does something, just not very much. At least not easily noted. o.o
And I myself just noticed I have a lvl 100 argy with 123% speed. O.O

On 4/20/2021 at 7:09 PM, jeebbers said:

Yeah, so what I'm talking about is the levels that it gains after you tame it. So, lets say it's a 150 Argent, and you tame it and get 74 extra levels, none of those extra levels are supposed to go into movement speed, right? I put a picture to show what I'm talking about. Left stat is the stats gains on tame, right are levels I put in.

Also @Zero64

I don't remember whether griffins are supposed to gain wasted levels in Movement Speed during the taming process. They are imaginary creatures so they might have different taming rules than other flyers, hopefully someone else can answer that aspect of your question.

What I can tell you that they're supposed to tame with 136.5% Movement speed, like yours.

Wild griffins have 100% Movement speed, they get a 36.5% bonus upon taming, so every brand new griffin will have 136.5% movement speed the instant they finish taming. Look at the "Taming Bonus, additive" in the chart below (taken from the wiki). The instant you tame a griffin they automatically gain +36.5% Movement Speed independent of whether they gain any Movement Speed levels.

Come to think of it, that 36.5% bonus might be modified by the taming efficiency, so it's might also be possible that a less efficient tame will give you a smaller bonus to Movement Speed, I haven't tamed a griffin in quite a while so I don't remember whether a less efficient tame will affect that bonus. But regardless of the taming efficiency, all griffins get a movement speed bonus when they're tamed which is completely independent of the question of whether they gain wasted levels in Movement Speed.

image.png.bdcfb09b11068575b3904179481e5775.png

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

Also @Zero64

I don't remember whether griffins are supposed to gain wasted levels in Movement Speed during the taming process. They are imaginary creatures so they might have different taming rules than other flyers, hopefully someone else can answer that aspect of your question.

What I can tell you that they're supposed to tame with 136.5% Movement speed, like yours.

Wild griffins have 100% Movement speed, they get a 36.5% bonus upon taming, so every brand new griffin will have 136.5% movement speed the instant they finish taming. Look at the "Taming Bonus, additive" in the chart below (taken from the wiki). The instant you tame a griffin they automatically gain +36.5% Movement Speed independent of whether they gain any Movement Speed levels.

Come to think of it, that 36.5% bonus might be modified by the taming efficiency, so it's might also be possible that a less efficient tame will give you a smaller bonus to Movement Speed, I haven't tamed a griffin in quite a while so I don't remember whether a less efficient tame will affect that bonus. But regardless of the taming efficiency, all griffins get a movement speed bonus when they're tamed which is completely independent of the question of whether they gain wasted levels in Movement Speed.

image.png.bdcfb09b11068575b3904179481e5775.png

I kind of just used the Griffin as an example, since I had it out in game. haha. I've noticed that with a new Argent I just tamed too and a Snow Owl. The Snow Owl got 8 points in movement speed and my Argent got 2. I know with normal land animals, their stat points can be distributed after taming to every stat minus torpidity, but I thought with fliers they weren't supposed to get points in movement speed, and I know that mine have never gotten any in the past until the end of the recent Easter event. The Argent on the right in the picture below was tamed before the event, and the Argent on the left was after. As I said before, I do run some mods, but none that affect Creature stats, and I've seen this issue both with and without mods on my server. I am not expecting that the movement speed be increased at all, the Argent on the left I have invested those stats into it upon leveling (the right column that says 20), what I am talking about is the 2 stat points on the left. The movement speed percentage is not at all what I am talking about, only the waisted stat points put into it upon tame. I know that those tamed stats won't increase it's speed.

Argent.PNG

There was an ini setting released some while ago that allowed leveling up of flier movement speed after tame.

But points into speed during the tame process still are wasted. You may see your 2 points in speed - but those points are wasted cause they do not impact actual speed at all. During taming points are allocated randomly across all stats - and if its a flier and the point goes to speed then sorry for your loss. At the end of tame the "real" speed of the flier will be as PipingHot sez - the rated speed for the creature nevermind that all 73 extra levels were ended up being put into speed.

Archived