Baby has a different stat than the parents, but not a higher stat.

DestroyerDeki

Hello! So I’m entirely new to breeding and wanted to try and mutate Spinos for Abberation. 

I hatched a baby Spino with 280% melee. It is listed as having a mutation. All other stats match up with the parents.
The mother has 279.9%, the father has 293.8%. 

Is this correct, or am I mistaken in assuming all mutations would be a higher stat than both parents?

I actually run into this a lot, and it has discouraged me from trying to breed, but I really want to know the answer for this one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

10 minutes ago, hitman2 said:

the baby usually grows up to have better stats than the parent if you keep breading from them the stats should go up.if you get a male bread it with it's mother. 

Do the stats change as it grows without the imprinting? I was under the assumption what they were born with is their base stats. 

the melee u got was from the mom,  if all other stats match up, most likely it's a run speed mutation , which is a total waste.  Only other case would be if the parents were 2 points different on some other stat where it mutated the lower one making it look like the other parents higher stat.

No way to really tell w/out looking at arksmartbreeder to see what happened.

On 4/19/2021 at 1:48 AM, DestroyerDeki said:

Hello! So I’m entirely new to breeding and wanted to try and mutate Spinos for Abberation. I hatched a baby Spino with 280% melee. It is listed as having a mutation. All other stats match up with the parents. The mother has 279.9%, the father has 293.8%. Is this correct, or am I mistaken in assuming all mutations would be a higher stat than both parents? I actually run into this a lot, and it has discouraged me from trying to breed, but I really want to know the answer for this one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Looks like the baby has mommy's melee....whenever you have that weird 0.x% the x is typically rounded to the nearest whole number with offspring. in this case, the baby has mommy's melee, but since it was rounded to the nearest whole number, the whole number is 280.....If this baby actually had a mutation, its not in the melee stats, ontop of that, if the only thing your really worried about is melee, Id say kill the baby and try again. Daddy has a much better melee stat and it should round up to 294% if it pops with daddys melee numbers.

On 4/19/2021 at 5:10 AM, HoganRyan01 said:

The baby got a mutation on the mother's melee damage rather than the father's melee damage and since your spino's mother's melee is lower than the father's, it didnt go higher than the father's melee.

A melee mutation would go up more than .1%.  It goes up 2 points, this is generally around 12% upgrade for most animals.  The difference from moms melee to babies melee is based solely on taming effectiveness, mom was tamed w/ really high % effectiveness, but all babies are claimed at 100% effectiveness.

You might notice, i've been breeding spinos for awhile, I have some idea of what I'm talking about. IF the baby had gotten a mutation on the mother's melee %, it would actually have been much closer to the dads melee %.

image.png.9b91075be6f85ae9c15e3f26a624a875.pngimage.png.35c336f93dd84f8a6e79db7d338ebd6e.pngimage.png.2bc5d06bea5b1a34730d53317bf89fee.pngimage.png.1d799e4aed4af2f27f61d4de7ce23b55.png   

Unfortunately I don’t use smartbreeder, as to my knowledge it isn’t compatible with chromebooks. (Although if someone can prove me wrong, I’d be super happy!) 

I should note this was even before I got my base pair. I was trying to get females with the combined good stats from the parents. All spinos were tamed with almost 100% effectiveness; the lowest was 99.6%, but none of them lost levels. (I don’t know if that’s relevant but I’m adding it just in case.)

I don’t plan on keeping the baby in the line, but the color mutation was cool so I’ll probably keep it for color breeding. 

I greatly appreciate the help from y’all!

The way the melee works is, it gets a bonus based on the taming effectiveness which changes how it's expressed.  So you can get 40 points in melee w/ 50% taming effectiveness and it will be much lower than one you tame w/ 99.9% effectiveness.  But neither are 100% so they will always be below a baby which is automatically 100%.  The 99.9% tame effectiveness will be almost exactly the same as the baby, but usually it's just a tiny bit below if at all.  THe 50% effectiveness will seem much much lower, but when baby comes out, you'll get a happy surprise that it was actually higher than you could tell from the tame.

Here's a couple pics to show differenceimage.png.09fa3f1e7cf966ed5a0576b64a2dfef0.png

That is if it had 50% effetiveness, you see it would show up as 334% on a tame, but the baby if it got the stat would show up as 361%.

image.png.ef356e6d044a58001ad333820fc53126.png

Now you see with 99.5% taming effectiveness it would show up as 360.8% but the baby when getting that stat from the tamed parent would still show up as 361%.

The creator of Dododex is working on trying to put this type of feature into his program.  Hopefully sometime soon we'll have that in there and then you can use his app on your phone and have the same sort of tool to use w/out needing a pc.

Archived