Baby featherlights do not get the imprint pacifier.

SarahMonette

3 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

I don't understand imprints.  Do they only work while on mounted pets?  The featherlights let me imprint.  Is it a bug that they do not have a pacifier over their heads?

The boost done by imprinted rider only activates while they are being ridden by the imprinter but there are stat boosts (like HP can go from 1200 to 1400 or so forth) are done just for being imprinted. 

23 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

I don't understand imprints.  Do they only work while on mounted pets?  The featherlights let me imprint.  Is it a bug that they do not have a pacifier over their heads?

Imprinting helps all animals, but it helps them a lot more when you ride them.

https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Breeding#Imprinting

1) "If this player manages to care for the baby during the entire maturation, the creature's base stats before modifications will be increased by 20%..."

So if an animal has 100 HP and you imprint them 100% they will end up with 120 HP, or if you imprint them 50% they will have 110 HP.

2) "...and, when ridden by the imprinter, it will also gain 30% increased damage and damage resistance. "

A shoulder pet will never get this bonus, it only counts for the animal you're actually riding.

For animals that you ride, imprinting can be very powerful, but in my opinion it's not worth the trouble to imprint shoulder pets unless you're doing breeding & imprinting of other animals at the same time and you just happen to be nearby when the shoulder pet wants to be imprinted.

6 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

For animals that you ride, imprinting can be very powerful, but in my opinion it's not worth the trouble to imprint shoulder pets unless you're doing breeding & imprinting of other animals at the same time and you just happen to be nearby when the shoulder pet wants to be imprinted.

Well for other creatures Id understand, but for the charge pets it would help raise 3 different light stats at once. Not an inconsiderable boost, especially if your in the market for a couple new charge pets to protect a base or carry with you on an expedition. 

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Well for other creatures Id understand, but for the charge pets it would help raise 3 different light stats at once. Not an inconsiderable boost, especially if your in the market for a couple new charge pets to protect a base or carry with you on an expedition. 

I find that charge pets die too often to make it worthwhile, but everyone should make their breeding & imprinting decisions based on what makes them happy.

Archived