Taming Kibble (for Beginners) from LARGER eggs than normal recipe ?

Rest2020

16 hours ago, Rest2020 said:

- yup, i have been playing on both PvE and Local, and i think i have found a reasonable base site
- YES, using chat I have met some experienced players, and they have helped a lot
- I did not realize i could force respawn material on Local, thats a great tip.
NOW FOR A BIG QUESTION -- Resource respawn on OFFICIAL PVE
- I dont want to piss off my neighbors by deforesting plants/trees/rocks around the area
- In a weeks watching, harvested rocks/plants/trees DONT seem to be respawning.  Should they be?

Only the ones really really really close by will not respawn. But online, things will respawn quickly compared to offline or with a local server that shuts down overnight.
Trust me, you good and no one is going to blame you for this issue if something crazy comes up. 

On 4/23/2021 at 4:43 PM, sjskdjkfa said:

There is certain types of structures that block resource respawning, like your foundations, but not gates... so don't build your base like right ontop of the obsidian or metal, or crystals... building on regular rock, trees, bushes is fine. The things that block do so in some radius, something like 10 or 15 foundation lengths if i remember correctly, so stuff right next to your base shouldn't be respawning, but stuff some dozen or so f lengths away from your foundations should be respwaning.

great, thanks for the info.  i think i can reasonably estimate 15 foundations lengths so shoould be good to go.

On 4/24/2021 at 3:10 AM, wizard03 said:

Only the ones really really really close by will not respawn. But online, things will respawn quickly compared to offline or with a local server that shuts down overnight.
Trust me, you good and no one is going to blame you for this issue if something crazy comes up. 

i had to destroy my base home and move cause it turns out it was too close to beaver spawn area and a couple of players asked me (nicely) to move.

1 hour ago, Rest2020 said:

i had to destroy my base home and move cause it turns out it was too close to beaver spawn area and a couple of players asked me (nicely) to move.

dang dude, yeah the beavers are kinda under protective custody as they are the easiest form of cementing paste, and they only spawn in like 6 areas. :(
I wish I was still able to get online to help, only option on the table for me is to pay for a vpn, and it comes with its own issues. v.v

Tell you what, if you get the chance, ill see if I can locate the hidden pond and give you coordinates. Hopefully its open, if it is, you might like it. Got a little pond by itself, lots of simple supplies, nearby one of the tougher caves, so if you die, you can respawn and try to get your stuff back......Its a bit farther from some of the more important stuff tho.... metal, obsideon.....but not too far. 

15 hours ago, Rest2020 said:

Something that can be helpful when thinking about where you want to build (and how you want to build) is that foundations block spawning over a radius but pillars (and fence foundations, and dino gates) only block resource & animal spawns that would actually touch the pillars.

So for example, if you want to build a building near a beaver pond (or any resources that you want to keep spawning) you could use pillars to establish the layout of your building, then put ceiling tiles on top of the pillars and build your building up from the ceiling tiles. Doing this is a little bit more tricky with animal spawn locations than with resource spawn because you can't tell exactly where the animals spawn points are. If you build your buildings on the shoreline of a beaver pond you might accidentally put one or more pillars on some of the exact spots that beavers and beaver dams are supposed to spawn, so even when you use pillars you want to build far enough back from the animal spawn area that you can be certain you won't interfere with the animals, but you could still build closer to the beaver pond using pillars that you could using foundations. I'm not suggesting that you should go back to the beaver pond and rebuild your building on pillars, only pointing out that you can use pillars to safely build in areas that you would not want to build using foundations.

Now let's say you want to build a small hut with a bed, a smithy and some picks inside of it so you can harvest some metal nodes every time they spawn. You could lay out the shape of your building using pillars very close to the metal nodes, then put your ceilings on top of the pillars and build up from there. As long as your pillars don't touch a metal node you can build practically on top of the nodes so you only have to walk down a ramp and then walk a few feet to harvest the metal.

This is why pillar spam works on PvE servers. People can put pillars all over the place to claim territory but resources and animals are still allowed to spawn, the pillars only rarely interfere with animal spawns, they have very little affect on resource spawns, but they still prevent other players from building nearby.

2 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

As long as your pillars don't touch a metal node you can build practically on top of the nodes so you only have to walk down a ramp and then walk a few feet to harvest the metal.

Have u ever tried that? cause snapping ceilings to the pillar makes it blocking... just tested it in single player, btw the blocking radius is 10 f lengths

7 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Have u ever tried that? cause snapping ceilings to the pillar makes it blocking... just tested it in single player, btw the blocking radius is 10 f lengths

Well, it's been a while, but yes I've done that on Official servers in the past and it worked. But as I say it's been a while, so I don't remember the exact distance. Also, I've never tested for this in single player since I have easy access to anything I want on single player so I've never had the need to build harvesting outposts, in addition to which single player has different rules for resource respawns than dedicated servers do.

These days I've been playing an on Unofficial dedicated server, I'll do some test there to see what I find.

23 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Well, it's been a while, but yes I've done that on Official servers in the past and it worked. But as I say it's been a while, so I don't remember the exact distance. Also, I've never tested for this in single player since I have easy access to anything I want on single player so I've never had the need to build harvesting outposts, in addition to which single player has different rules for resource respawns than dedicated servers do.

These days I've been playing an on Unofficial dedicated server, I'll do some test there to see what I find.

Well if it turns out to be different on official I wont be to surprised, I'd swear I've seen some pillar ceiling combos within the ten rad. Whenever I've seen something built super close to metal I do a double take, and try to imagine ten foundations, but it's hard... been meaning to do some tests there.

Taming Kibble (for Beginners) from LARGER eggs than normal recipe ?

Recipe do not produce eggs of any size except exceptional recipe for producing Wyvern eggs ( ingredients spoiled meat, human poo and organic polimer) cooked in replicator, no water needed but it produce not fertilized eggs, need to apply fertilizer  or re-fertilizer if you want fertilized egg.

Taming kible - You cant tame a kibble with  knockout taming method.

Look in trough of your herbivores. Food that do not  get eaten and always remain in trough is best taming food.

So armed with mejoberry and a lot patience you start to look for kibble to tame.

Best areas for finding kible is to look in neighbors and enemy unlocked fridges.

Put mejoberry in last slot and press E aiming on kible in fridge. If it don't accept your mejorberry that mean that you don't have any rights to have that kible.

Maybe your ava is too low level.

On 4/26/2021 at 6:03 PM, sjskdjkfa said:

On 4/26/2021 at 3:06 PM, Pipinghot said:

Something that can be helpful when thinking about where you want to build (and how you want to build) is that foundations block spawning over a radius but pillars (and fence foundations, and dino gates) only block resource & animal spawns that would actually touch the pillars.

aH, *very* good information, a great clarification !!

Archived