Sever Configuration Question: Disable storms on Scorched Earth - PVE

Ceseuron

I run a private, PVE based server cluster for some friends and I to play on and we're currently running four maps. We run PVE as a small group and have no interest in any part of PVP. We're working our way through the different Arks, and we're getting close to wrapping up The Island, with the intent of moving onto Scorched Earth. However, there's been some frustration expressed with the weather effects on Scorched Earth, particularly the electrical storm and sandstorm as they effectively stop gameplay for the duration of the effect. While there may be some benefit to this in terms of PVP, we have no interest in playing ARK in a PVP capacity and the mechanics of the sandstorm and electrical storm don't really make sense in a PVE scenario.

As a server admin, is there any configuration change I can make to the server backend that disables the sandstorm and electrical storm, or can I modify the effect so that it's greatly diminished through some INI file changes? Right now, I basically have to run an admin command to stop the storm whenever it comes up (admincheat ce stop_electricalstorm/stop_sandstorm). This doesn't work, obviously, when I'm not online. I'd even be open to some option that turns off all the weather effects on Scorched Earth, as the Phoenix, which spawns during Superheat, is of largely dubious usefulness beyond a pretty, glowy bird.

Phoenix are mainly useful to low-level players as a utility:  smelter, food cooker, food preserver and light source which is NOT affected by storms.

I do not know how to "prevent" the storms but if those commands are not toggles, I suppose you could schedule them to run via rcon every minute.

I use Super Structures mod (or S+) which the electrical storm does not affect the mod variant of the electrical generator.

I did not find any Windows-based RCON utilities that were designed for non-interactive use.  Only found one for Linux but I'm modifying the source code to be more useful to me such as using a .ini file to store the password for security reasons, improving how arguments are passed and including a manual.  If you are setup to compile C code on Windows, you might be able to include the necessary libraries to make it work for Windows.  If you do, I'd like to know how so I can incorporate it into what I'm doing.

LHammonds

Archived